Enchanter Recruiting on Your Server

Discussion in 'General Mage Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Jeepned2, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

Just tring to get a feel for how many servers are having a hard time getting Enchanter recruits.
    On Permafrost almost every raid guild is looking for an Enchanter in one form or another. Mostly it's for Illusionists but a few are looking for Coercers also. My guild has been looking for another Illusionist of a long time now and no takers.
    How's your server?
  2. ARCHIVED-Kahna Guest

I was really bored one day and did a search of over 100 raiding guilds across all servers that were actively recruiting. 64% were looking for either a coercer or an illusionist (or both). I didn't break the number down anymore than that as my boredom had passed.
  3. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

Kahna wrote:
    Here are the numbers for 5/25 on the Flames global recruiting board. Posts were made dated 5/25 ending around 12:30 PST. Sorry the table does not translate well but you get the gist. 38 guilds were trying to fill 30 chanter spots.
    GuildCoercer illusionist
    Legions - Antonia Bayle11
    Death Proof 1
    Validus - Euro Raid Guild11
    Lost Legion 1
    Has Gone Linkdead!1
    CATACLYSM 1
    EP 1
    DOMINATION 1
    Troops of Doom 1
    Delusions of Grandeur 1
    Vendetta 11
    Journeymen of the Overlord11
    The Relentless1
    Strike 1
    Mass Extinction
    TR11
    Velocity of Crushbone11
    Ravenous 1
    Fusion on Permafrost1
    Nerfed - Blackburrow1
    Defiance - Permafrost 1
    Faith 11
    Invictus of Permafrost 1
    Total chanters30

4. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

There is 12 archetypes that exist in the game. 2 archetypes (chanters/bards) take up 1/3 the raids spots. More guilds are gonna be recruiting those 4 classes than any other classes.
    I helped run a guild for > 2 years during eof/rok/tso. We always had a chanter recruit posted, we almost always had a bard spot posted. We usually had a non-druid healer posted. In fact after a long long time of never getting a coercer app our RL rolled a coercer to fill the spot. Guess what... we never/rarely had a tank spot open. This is the way it has been and the way it will always be untill the need for 4-5 bards and 4 chanters in raid is removed.
    So what's the point of this? You want chanters nerfed so 4 aren't wanted on a raid?
  5. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

Enoax@Permafrost wrote:
    Its YOU again... /sigh
    People are quitting their enchanters every day thus driving up the demand. So nerfing them will just drive up the demand even further. Supply and demand; a basic economic concept. You just like to repetitively poke me with a stick to see if I snap.
  6. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

Your argument is flawed in the fact that since guilds are all recruiting enchanters that must mean they are still a very good class. While all the wannabe wizards may be quitting their class and rolling what they should have rolled in the first place, the real enchanters are still doing the job they were designed to do in raids.
  7. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

Korrupt@Najena wrote:
    If chanters were so superawesomedelicious to play there would be a flood of them to choose from. ><
  8. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Well , with SoE constantly hating the Mystic class with yet ANOTHER nerf to our healing , I'll be looking to switch to my illusionist , so thats one more.
  9. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

Chock wrote:
    If there were a flood of them to choose from that would be more an indicator that the class is extremely OP and people are hopping on the bandwagon of having t1 dps and t1 utility. Oh yeah, that little boom already happened and now that chanters arent the best of both worlds the fanbois are jumping ship to the next OP class. Bet the vast majority of chanters jumping ship are wizards, SK's, and assassins now.
  10. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

Because Enoa loves to poke holes in everything...
    I looked at every single guild recruitment post for the month of May in 2009. 48 guilds were recruiting. Of that 48 guilds 8 were looking for a coercer and/or 10 looking for an illy. Just seems a lot less than in todays market...
    Edit: clairifying with and/or as some guilds were looking for one each enchanter or more.
  11. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Q. Why do people play any class?
    A. Because it's fun.

When it ceases to be fun, people either switch characters or leave the game. Guilds have always struggled to keep Enchanters in their raids. Whether that is a flaw in game design or not is completely irrelevant at this point - the game is what it is.
    Right now, Enchanters are not fun to play. Until they are, things will only continue to get worse.
  12. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

I can have fun on my illusionist. If I couldn't, I wouldn't be playing him.
    However, this fun is hard to come by. It really depends on who is in my group if I have fun or not.
    Half my buffs are worthless in most groups and put a worthless buff on some one or don't put the right buff they want on them and get screamed at. (I'm sorry Mr. Mystic but I thought the wizard would prefer Time Compression and the 5% double attack.)
    Mezzing is worthless in most groups and in the groups it's useful some one will break mez early. Constantly. They break mez, I get screamed at.
    If I stun or wear stun gear (T3 boots I'm looking at you) most tanks will scream at me till their mic breaks.
    If I power regen too much? I get screamed at.
    If I let some ones power drop too low in their opinion? I get screamed at.
    Do too much or too little damage? I get screamed at.
    Have pet out? Get screamed at.
    Don't have pet out? Get screamed at.
    Mistime a timewarp? Screamed at.
    Have a timewarp macro? Screamed at.
    Not have a timewarp macro? Screamed at.
    Use channeled focus? Screamed at.
    Not use channeled focuse every chance I get? Screamed at.
    I CAN go on. I hope you get the point.
    At least four of these happens per Half PUG group, because the Tank/Healer/Wizard knows how to play my class better than I do even though IF they have an Illy it's not past level 20. For a full PUG group I expect every single one of those to happen.
    I'm to the point where my illy won't group with folks and soloing on a support class isn't fun.
    It's not just "Oh we aren't the best of the best" the class has major issues. The argument about it being needed on a raid is flawed. No matter how needed I am, it doesn't counteract the fact the class needs work. Between immune mobs, buffs that are worthless, "effects epics" that don't, 14 spells that are detrimental to cast, and the whackamole cast speed insanity it is MUCH effort for little pay off.
    So what about a non pug group? I need 30 minutes to set up between groups so I have the right buffs and try not to have worthless buffs. However, I have fun as I know what my role in that group will primarly be and what that group needs. It just takes a long set up time.
  13. ARCHIVED-Chock Guest

vexrm wrote:
    I pretty much only play my illy in Raid. I group with my Templar. RARELY (if i need an update, or recently I was chasing a couple extra AA points), I will do a couple groups with my illy but never a PUG. I <3 my templar and half-way decent at her. She is a fixture in a regular post-raid group.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

vexrm wrote: