Enchanter CC dead? Go bard?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Cynosure, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Cynosure New Member

Playing a Fury in a Bruiser/Fury duo with a IRL friend. When he is offline, I'm trying to find the class I wish to play. I've been from 1-20 on a handful of classes now and thought I was settled at the Illusionist..

Until I realized my groups from 15-20 don't really require any of my utility/CC/etc. We're kind of just blasting through all of the content.

Asked around in General chat and this seems to be the consensus--I just wanted to double check that this is correct.

Looking for a fun, but useful, utility class and am wonder if I should make the last-second swap to a Dirge or Troub if the Illusionists utility is non-existent.
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Chanter CC is useful on very few encounters.

Chanters usually fight the blue bars and make sure other players have power. CC is almost a non factor.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

Meaningful CC these days seems limited to a few raid encounters, but to get seriously more out of your duo set up get your friend to swap to a Monk now rather than the inevitable later.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Illy utility is actually pretty good, they have the best power feed in game outside of warlocks until RoK, even then it's still enough to keep power up through every fight in game.

The utility they bring to groupwide damage is the best in game, I would honestly only bring 1 coercer in a raid in an optimal setup. Even in a tank group they can still time compress the tank or the healer and give them reuse on their temps such as Bolster, RoA, etc. as a comparison to Coercive healing.
    Redlight likes this.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

Mezzing is still sometimes useful is pick up groups, the tank often fail his pulls and badly geared groups cannot handle too many yellow encounters. You can also pull with a mez sice mezzing is often a mess due to aoe dots. But yes mezzing is not usual since it prevents blue aoe damage, so only mez if the group cannot handle it.

I m a very good group partner even at 25, i bring 3-4 40 % haste, 9.9 mana per tick in combat, stun and stiffle that prevent mobs to do damage and my dps while being much lower than the one of T1 classes is sort of ok. I also have a wisdom/int temp (+64 currently) but i cannot really assess how it affect the parses.Later i will get goodies mentioned by Adonin and more active mana-regen.