Emperor Fyst is vastly overtuned on FG...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

A group of level 45s with no AA can kill him... it's a long fight so a coercer or illy helps.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

A x2 epic means you need two groups of six people to tackle it. In other words, it ain't meant to be soloed.
  3. Tominator Member

I see there is still a bit of uncertainty! The three replies so far since I posted are

1) we barely managed with 4 70's
    2) a group of 6 45's with no AA's can beat him
    3) you need two groups of six people

:)

Guess I'll have to find out for myself!
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

clear everything around before you spawn him(that part can easily be soloed by a higher level), like i said he's an epic x2, we were a hastily tossed together group who did it on the spur of the moment. the toon i was on was a 70 BL, had a 70 fury and i can't remember what the other two were. a proper group would have had him down in no time... a group of 45's with no AAs for a level 44 3^^^ epic x2? i find that hard to believe.
  5. Tominator Member

I tend to lean towards your response Cheallaigh. A majority of the older replies in this thread indicate Fyst is a PITA.

And Sigrdrifa, I understand x2 means you need two groups, but, I thought I read earlier in this thread that you can only have one group in the DFC instance at a time? If so then...can't do two groups :)

Which takes me back to what exactly does it take to beat him if I want to finish my HQ's? It's a bit of work to get to him, don't want to have to go back any more than necessary. Sounds like you still need at least one or two 70's in your group.
  6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

make sure you do both shield and green hoods to that point, saves going back.
    Sigrdrifa and Tominator like this.
  7. SmakkUUp Member

Its the way epic con mobs' auto attacks are tuned period. Raid mobs are hitting for 30-40k unmitigated. I actually got hit for 50k last night on elemental warder.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

First off you quoted a post from July, during Vanilla. The x2 Fyst is designed for 1 group. Yes back then you needed to debuff him, yes he hit hard. But you could do it with a group of sub 50s if everyone did their job correctly.

The issue some, including myself had when this was first posted, was it was extremely rough if you did it at the zone appropriate level, which for DFC is listed as 36-42, and the two HQs in there were level 40 quests. So yes at level 40 Fyst could kick your ***, if you didn't play exceptionally well. At 50 it could be 3-4 manned and at 70 I would guess it can be soloed depending on the class.

Raid mobs are balanced with Channeler intercept in mind. So yes if you got hit by a non debuffed mob and you didn't have intercept on, it will rock you. If it didn't, then when you did have intercept from a Channeler the content would be so easy you could have mages tank raid mobs.

With debuffs and intercept on, Elemental Warder is hitting for less than 10k max hits on a tank.
  9. SmakkUUp Member

Damn i didnt notice it was such an old post, i thought it was someone going back doing older stuff.
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

when i did him it was a week or so ago, maybe things got changed yet again. i did most of the zone solo, but one prince killed me in less than 15 seconds with him and his adds... partly my fault for not picking off the others first, but he hit rather hard on a toon with the regular quested KoS gear. no way i could solo fyst on a beast lord at 70.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

As others have said, you can't zone in 2 groups into DFC. He's a x2 mob but he's designed to be killed by one group... there's other examples of this like the bosses in Runnyeye 2, and Condemned Catacombs (although they might have nerfed that one). The idea that you need level 70s to kill him is ridiculous, how do you think he was killed when the level cap was 50 and there were no AAs? It is not designed to be soloable either, if you get charmed by the alchemist named, you are pretty much done.
  12. Neritti Member

Fyst always hit like a truck even back when DoF was first released on the live servers. You still needed a decently geared group, with their key spells being at Expert rank. So like healers with Expert heal spells, debuffs needed to be applied to him to slow attack speed and damage etc, and yes the tank usually did need to be the highest level one in the group. That was always the case with him even on live. It's pretty similar to most Epic mobs in zones where you can only 1 group them. You can't just go running in there with journeyman to adept spells and cruddy gear, whack the mob pinata and expect loot. When Estate of Unrest comes out with EoF, we'll also see that with Bugaboo.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Who will disco the Lucan D'Lere Action Figure?
    Argosunited and Cheallaigh like this.
  14. Neritti Member

Yay for good ole Bugaboo. I guess in a month and a bit we'll have a thread about how tough he is and how that's unfair... Or something. ;)
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  15. Tominator Member

Went in to DFC this past Saturday night. We cleared most of the Citadel & did the quests. Just when we were gonna start our march to Fyst, the server crashed :mad:

Hopefully we'll get to try again soon!
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  16. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i never said you need 70's, i said we were 70's...
  17. Tominator Member

I'm happy to report after a few weeks of grouping attempts and server crashes, Fyst met his demise Saturday afternoon. Two HQ's knocked out!

Our group was mostly 60 something's mentored to the 54 in our group. Long fight, but we didn't have any trouble.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  18. Keldo Member

Killed Fyst on Saturday with a group of 5 level 47s-48s on the first pull. One thing that I'll say is that this fight was great because it tested the limits of grizzled MMO veterans.

Class Composition/Credit Roll:
    Myself - Half Elf Shieldboi | Half Elf Warrior since 1999 | watched Sailor Moon during teen years.
    Healer 1 - a Channingler Tatum named Beardrage | Channeler is clutch for this fight because it's a fight in EQ2. But no really just have one.
    Healer 2 - a faerie fury | perpetuating the stereotype that furies are the girlfriend class - Margo. Mana became hard for Margo during this fight - she rationed it like the English did in storm cellars during WW2.
    Utility - a bard who smoked every leaf in Rivervale and the surrounding Enchanted Lands - Glamidil. Replenishment is important for this fight because we dueled Fyst for several hours or 15-20 minutes w/e.
    The Pain Train - an erudite wizard played by an erudite cynic who figured out DBG's 2018 fiscal machinations - Incontinentio. This guy made it so that the health actually went down the bar.

The hardest part was when 3 sentinels respawned, but I trusted my healers despite my natural inclination to tilt.

Also someone interrupt Soul Consumption or it's a 7k heal for Kit Fysto.

We also killed the Basalt Watcher once.
    Fyreflyte likes this.