Emperor Fyst is vastly overtuned on FG...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Xephane Active Member

Fair enough, yeah totally agreeable. Most people assume all the content is just tank n spank, so when it doesn't go that way and they get smashed they cry for a nerf. It's almost like people complain that things are too easy, but they don't want it to be hard :p

EDIT: Sorry for the misdirection, I wasn't lashing out at you, more like the other people in this thread who seem to think complaining makes the game better.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

There is a big difference between easy tank and spanks and overtuned for the appropriate level. The zone is designed for 36-42 level characters. The HQs are level 40 quests with level 40 rewards. A level 40-42 tank and group is not killing Fyst in his current state.

The server first was done with level 50s in the group.
  3. Xephane Active Member

Overtuned? Or just hardest heroic in game? There is a difference. And as stated before, some groups are just going to get smashed no matter what level they are.
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Prismatic is a level 50 epic quest that awards a level 45 reward and requires you to be at least 49 to even zone into most of the zones - the level of the reward doesn't really have any relevance. And there have been plenty of group zones over the years that average groups couldn't clear at level.

You're right, a level 42 tank probably wouldn't be able to tank Fyst in its current state without two exceptionally good healers. I just don't personally see that as a problem. This is an HQ oriented server, offering some BIS items, so it should be difficult. But if DBG decide it's overtuned, then so be it, I'm sure they'll adjust it accordingly. But I concur with Xephane's point that I don't want them to start swinging the hammer wildly in the other direction, just because some people start complaining that it's too hard. Server has been out all of two weeks - people should expect that it's gonna be rough for the first few weeks.
    Xephane likes this.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

The only thing I would consider changing is lowering his con a level or 2 but I'm not even sure on that as the people I was with trying to do it were still wearing gear from level 20-35 even though they were low 40s.

Hard to say he was too high or not, I believe if the 45 tank had level appropriate mit, the enchanter (and others) knew how to interrupt, the group I was in would have been a success with the mob just as he is. I'd need to run the mob again with other people before I recommended any changes be made as I currently feel it was appropriate for the group I was in to have failed it.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Prismatic is a level 50 quest, which culminates fighting a 55x4, so I would assume it was designed for level 50s.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Deception_(Quest)

Both HQs in DFC are level 40 quests, which culminates fighting a 44x2, So it would be fair to assume it was designed for level 40s.

You don't see it as a problem that on a HQ themed server, 2 of the HQs can not be done (at level) by 95% of the population?

I have specifically stated I enjoy a challenge, and there is a lot of grey between tank and spank easy mode and where it is now.
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Correct, I do not see that as a problem.

I do understand your point, and I respect it. I'll concede that perhaps he needs to be tuned down a smidgen, but I still feel that something being difficult, even if it is prohibitive to a large percentage of players, isn't inherently a bad thing. I remember plenty of expacs with content where I've had to out level stuff before I was able to do it, because the group I ran with wasn't the best geared or the strongest players. I didn't see it as an issue then, and I don't now. Just a difference of opinion, is all.
    Adoninilol and Xephane like this.
  8. Xephane Active Member

You are acting like it's really hard to just get to 50 or something and try again. /shrug

Work towards a goal, stop talking about how difficult it is to get there. Again, this is the problem with the game and always has been.

"Nothing is good enough"

Nothing is EVER good enough, suck it up.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I server firsted it with a Pug.

I think we had like a level 42 defiler, a 50 channeler and like a 50 zerker and the tank never went below 100% ever, the biggest challenge was having to push buttons for the four minutes it took to kill it.

The shield is best in slot basically for tanks at the moment so I would hope that the mob is very challenging otherwise players just get amazing gear without the risk.

I did it on stormhold with a group of mid 40's, we had like a zerker, a defiler, a templar, sin, dirge, and a warlock. Once again the issue became more so pushing buttons for the 8 or so minutes it took to kill it. And I think I was among the first people to do it on that server seeing as how i discoed the scout round shield.
    Xephane likes this.
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Tbh the mob should be tuned up if anything, a lot of the x2 content at the moment is a really big pushover.

We have tanks wearing random treasured trash with no debuffs, low geared healers and no utility running around clearing x2 content like its a joke.
    Mountbatten likes this.
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

A thing to note about vanilla itemization. Originally items had 2 levels on them, recommended and required. The required level was the minimum to use it, so a lot of T5 items would have a minimum level of 40. However, they would scale the stats down and the item wouldn't have it's full stats until the recommended level. Sometime after launch they did away with this and gave items their full stats at the required level. This is why you have items such as the prismatic that have lower item levels than ideally required to obtain them. Items, especially in T5, that you see with level of 40 were not originally intended to have their full stats until 45-50. In that regard, item level is somewhat misleading compared to DoF onwards where it's level as intended.
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Yeah, the entire heal parse between the two healers on that fight was like 310 hps. I've seen heal parses on names in CT higher than that. Edit: in fact, looking at the logs, the healers worked harder on the trash leading up to Fyst than they did on Fyst himself.
    Xephane likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Again you killed a lvl 44 mob in a 36-42 dungeon with level 50s in your group.. good for you.

It should be challenging, for level 40 characters, not damn near impossible. Being easy at 50 doesn't mean anything about difficulty at level 40.

What happened on SH is mostly irrelevant since the amount of things different between the 2 servers at this point is quite substantial.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

The named mobs in CT is also 2-5 levels higher than Fyst.

310 HPS in a group with level 50s, has no bearing on a group of level 40s.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Nowhere did I say it was hard to get to 50. I hit 50 a week after launch. Leveling is not hard, just time consuming. I couldn't get it at level so I did just that. I leveled past it and went back. But, that can not be the design path. Requiring over leveling to do something means it is over tuned for the designed level. (Assuming competent players and respectable gear/spells)

If I feel content is over tuned for its level I will say so. I am not bashing the game or the server. I am actually having a blast on FG.

Stop trying to white knight every bit of negative feedback on the forums. Some of it is actually legitimate. ( I know most of it is not)

I am not asking for Fyst to be nerfed to easy mode. I have said that many times now. I do think he should be brought down a little to make it at least doable for the level range (40) of the HQs he is attached to.
  16. Xephane Active Member

It is doable with a solid group :)

Bringing it down a "little bit" doesn't make as much of a difference as people think it does. It's like when people say combat exp needs to be buffed 25% but 25% of 10 isn't even 3 exp which hardly makes a difference in the grand scheme of things. Not every group is going to be able to kill Fyst, he is intended to be one of the HARDEST bosses in the game at what we have available currently.

I am the ultimate dark knight, just in a white suit :)
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The difference in damage inc/buffs/temps/heals really isn't tho, my assassin is doing pretty similar numbers to what he was doing on stormhold.

Now it certainly is doable with people under level 50 i have no doubt.
  18. Tominator Member

What's the latest on Fyst? I have a couple of toons who need him to finish some HQ's. Has he been nerfed, or do I need to have a 'strong' group if I expect to beat him?
  19. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

x2 epic, a group of 4 managed(barely) in the 70's but we weren't a good setup.
  20. Tominator Member

Thanks, so it sounds like you need a group of 70's to carry you on TLE if you want to complete those HQ's?