Emperor Fyst is vastly overtuned on FG...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Jul 11, 2017.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

A level 45 guardian with two healers cant even tank him, 4k auto attacks.

People have to use level 50 tanks to get two HQs done. Which is a shame since the citadel is a decent source of XP because of all the other quests there too.

He was super easy on SH when it launched and now hes just over tuned. I'm fine with hard content, but it should at least be possible to do it at the level its intended, which is the 40 range.

Maybe take a look at him before the hordes reaches the 40 range?
  2. Adjuvant1 Member

I thought it about the same as sh. I mean, level 45, but what kind of gear, and what level of skills? What level of skills did the healers have? I know I leveled quickly so my gear was junk, and I'm still wearing level 20 pants. A mid 40s tank in level appropriate gear should be fine if fyst is debuffed, including ideally shaman slow. It just becomes an endurance thing after that, several minute fight.

There are easier hqs and there are harder ones. I don't agree anyone in the group needs to be 50, but well-horizonally-developed, with complimentary skills. Because honestly, if you stuck 6 random fresh 50s in that fight, they might very well not succeed, either.
    Xephane likes this.
  3. Caul Shivers Active Member

You need to be 45+ to finish a level 40 heritage.
    Or you need to have a 50 tank.

It makes no sense whatsoever, as the zone - and the quests for it - are designed for level 40 toons.

In short, yes, he needs to be tuned down in order for the whole zone to make sense in the low 40s.
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Actually, he is more akin to what he would have been like in vanilla. He has always been an undercon. Plus, he's a x2 - he isn't supposed to be easy. You're not supposed to be able to waltz in there with level 40s in meh gear and roflstomp him.
    Xephane likes this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

What the hell are you people drinking?

A leve 45 guardian with all experts and some of the best gear you could possible obtain isnt enough to kill a puny level 40x2 and all you can say thats fine? No thats not how it was in vanilla, because I killed him back then on my level 43 monk. I killed him tanking him with my conj pet on SH, which is obviously wrong.

I'm fine with content being hard, but content should be possible to do at the levels they were designed, and emporer fyst and the citadel is meant for people in the level 40 range, not decked out level 50 tanks.

You need a level 50 tank with excellent gear, all experts and a shaman plus random healer and your telling me thats how its supposed? This forum and the white knights are getting on my nerves.
  6. Logan68 New Member

in before LTP
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You're obviously not fine with content being hard because here you are whining about how the content is too hard. Yes, Fyst hits like a truck. We needed two healers the first time we did it. And no the tank wasn't "decked out" by any means. Pretty averagely geared. I guess we'll just have to wait to see if DBG consider that difficulty intentional or not.
    Xephane likes this.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

9. Arandar Well-Known Member

Fyst was not "super easy" on Stormhold when he launched. 'Nuff said.
    Xephane likes this.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

I love a good challenge, and I am not going to advocate to make Fyst a push over. However the zone is intended for 36-42.
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Deathfist_Citadel
    Currently, it is highly unlikely a group of level 40's are killing Fyst, and since he is required for two level 40 HQ's he should be tuned appropriately for the content he is tied too.
  11. Vunder Well-Known Member

Bring a channeler along for those hard hitting fights.

A channeler that KNOWS what they are doing. Its painful that there are so many running around this server and none have the slightist idea how to play this class properly.

I think I will write up a guide for them, before they get a bad name on this server from bad players. As a channeler you should be parsing with T2/T3 AND dealing some hefty HPS. Between Eye Shot and Intercept it makes hard hitting fights much easier.
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember people wanting a lvl 50 tank on SH for that guy too. When they re-tuned him back to x2, they weren't messing around. He's a beast.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

Seeing how there are ~4 level 40+ Channelers on the server that maybe quite difficult.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

He does feel slightly over tuned, but not as overpowered as some seem to make it seem.

If you fail the script, he is hard. You must interupt soul corruption(I think was the name of his lifetap) and you need to have a timer going on Harmtouch so you have specials ready for it.

You execute both of those well enough and have 2 healers and a reasonably constructed level 45 group, it is doable.
    Xephane likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I guess you don't recall that originally you had to raid Fyst. HQs are not supposed to be easy. Almost all were designed to require a full group at some point.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

So the problem there is, it will not let you zone more than 6 people into the zone to do the x2 Fyst.

I'm sure if people could still zone 2 groups in, they would be having much less of a problem.
  17. Xephane Active Member

There is no problem. They made a mob difficult again, honestly why is it such a big deal? It's not "impossible".

Stop complaining before they start really whacking things with the hammer guys. Complaining ruined this game, you should know that by now. don't let it happen again. History repeats itself, if they start beating things to the ground the only people to blame are you guys.
  18. Xephane Active Member

Also, he is 44 x2, not 40. At least he's like a real epic mob instead of mobs like Windstalker Rumbler that seem quite undertuned. I'm glad a mob is actually difficult to take down again.
  19. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Well I think the x2 in this case just stands for "really hard heroic mob." There are a bunch of x2s in Icy Dig as well, but that is only a group zone.

Atan brings up a good point - if you go into these types of mobs thinking you can just tank and spank then you are probably going to be disappointed. Sure, you can just power through with good gear and grandmaster spells. But some of them have actual mechanics you need to counter, which when you do make it significantly easier. For example, having an enchanter on Fyst probably makes life a lot easier since you get stifles, stuns, and dazes attached to many of your abilities. I was part of the group that server firsted Fyst and the tanks health barely dipped below 90% due to me keeping up CC, and the healers knowing what to do.
    Xephane likes this.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't mean it was a problem with the encounter, just with the other users suggestion.

But, in original release, you could bring 2 groups to the encounter, in this release you can not, so in this one example it is harder than it was before. With 2 groups you could probably ignore the script, with one, you need to follow it.

I was in a pug that couldn't do the kill. I couldn't interrupt enough on a warlock or get the pug chanter to understand what buttons to push when, but that isn't a fault of the content.