Emerald Nightmare Pegasus

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Optimist, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Optimist Member

Since you got rid of dungeon tab and seeing that many of my friends have well over 50k tokens, we should be allowed to sell them for status. Now to get this pegasus for $20 is an insult. You should've at least put it on the nights of the dead merchant for tokens.

The dungeons were a lot of fun. My hubby and I weren't even ones who took advantage of the experience that the dungeons had. We loved decorating and setting them up for ourselves or others to play in and enjoy. I realize this is a rather old issue, though we have not played a lot again until lately.
  2. Optimist Member

I have to add a bit more to this. My other thought for this being an insult is the fact that we bought expansions and such that have dungeon items. It was nice to earn the tokens and get the rewards. At any rate, maybe you could consider putting the Emerald Nightmare pegasus on the loyalty merchant. Obviously it would be much nicer if you just put back the ability to buy it with the tokens from the dungeon;however, this would be an okay constellation place, I think.
    Pixistik and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Redlight Well-Known Member

I liked the glass weapons and class hats as well as the pegasus, very weird in my opinion to remove all this while people earned the currency.
    Leonitas, Rosyposy and Pixistik like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

There is absolutely no good reason to have stopped the Dungeons in the first place, let alone leave people with a huge stack of tokens and no way to get rid of them
    Leonitas and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

People were PLing in them. Then once they nerfed the XP out, not too many people bothered with them anymore.
    Febrith likes this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, are they offering the emerald nightmare pegasus for 20$, or the same Pegasus model with a different color or reskin?
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

EXACTLY the same pegasus including name.
    Kheldar and Tekka like this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

Wow.

I think that's all I should say on the matter, lest I receive a warning.
    Leonitas likes this.
  9. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I had wanted that mount for a while after they pulled it. I still have so many token stashed away on a couple of my accounts. I think I even remember participating in discussions about this before. Now I just feel a bit insulted.
    Leonitas and Meneltel like this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

For a company that keeps offering double xp to there customers as an incentive to play and purchase all access accounts..Why does it matter to them HOW we get our xp?
    Leonitas, Breanna, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

It's gone back and forth in EQ2 since the game launched. Folks would PL overland, or in open dungeons (like Skyfire or Mistmoore or New Tunaria). The devs tweak the XP, the players find the next hot spot.

No real way to prevent it unless you completely gut xp from mob kills... ooooh wait. They did that.

I'm not really sure why it matters to The Team, or other players, how one levels their character, so long as they're not cheating. And especially not in a game where grinding is (now) such a large part of the 'content'.

What Dungeon Finder did was expose some flaws in mechanics that they didn't (or couldn't) fix, which worked in normal zones as well, just on a smaller scale. It allowed folks to level faster, and they shut it down. (As I remember it. Memory is not perfect, feel free to fill in or correct)

While a lot of people, maybe the majority, used it to PL, a LOT of folks also built, decorated and played some gorgeous adventures. So I personally think Someone In Charge didn't want to commit the resources to it (my opinion).

Edit: They make great storage for housing stuff, though. I'm kind of surprised they've kept them around that long. I have (literally) over 100,000 items stored.
    Leonitas, Meneltel and Pixistik like this.
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

It was probably the same person that decided we couldn't fly till level 30 and nerfed something we worked for..I swear sometimes the decisions they make boggle the mind...and they wonder where the playerbase is going and why.:rolleyes:
    Leonitas, Moonfyre, GrunEQ and 5 others like this.
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

You can fly at level 10 - the 12th Anniversary Celebration Mount for example.
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Ahhh, which mount is that?
  15. Febrith Well-Known Member

That one came from doing the Heroes events during the festival . I meant to say also that it's a damn shame about the emerald pegasus - I still have a butt load of tokens and now nowhere to spend them, I liked those totems of quickness also - I don't recall there being any warning about the withdrawal of dungeon items:(
    Leonitas likes this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Your talking about the Sunbright Clothwork Pegasus..can be equipped at level 10.

But you cant fly with it till level 30 now.

Also, the Radiant Nightmare wings that most people were putting in the appearance slot to hide some of the hideous looking mounts like the Sunbright Clothwork Pegasus had a level put on them so you have to be level 85 to use now...I'm sorry, there was no reason for them to change this stuff, no more than there was a reason to take rewards away from the dungeons after they destroyed what it was made for.
    Now I am stuck with some low level toons that cant fly with a bag full of coins I cant spend and a player made dungeon that serves absolutely no purpose but for storage space.
    I have feedbacked it but have seen no changes, I would suggest you all feedback and petition the crap out of it until they change it back the way it was or give a valid reason (WHY?).
    Or they can just go on ignoring one or two people that make it sound like a whine. Its going to take a lot of us, and there ain't that many left, nor is there many of them left either...funny how that works.
  17. Spindle Well-Known Member

For the last two days I've looked for the Emerald Nightmare Pegasus on the Marketplace. I've only found the Crimson and Violet. Could be the various holiday nogs or could be because I do not have any tokens. Is there an icon by the price like there is for Goblin Gold on many items? If not, possibly there should have been one on that page.

If not, yeah, I'd bug the heck out of it and mention a time or two on Discord.

There were a TON of items changed or added or removed per the last few Release note but NO mounts. Curious.

Raising an evening nog to your success in getting something to spend those tokens on; mainly that mount.
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Not anymore. It has been nerfed to fly at level 35, IIRC. So has the pegasus from Race to Trak. :mad:
    Leonitas and Breanna like this.
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wow rly? Booo. I don't know why they'd do that unless someone royally messed up and they had to undo the error.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  20. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Heh, they finally removed the dungeon maker section of the market? Oh well, guess my alts will have to buy their own arrows, now.

I invented the AoE farm dungeon, so even after buying everything I ever wanted, I had hundreds of thousands of tokens in my bank. They were great for buying repair kits and various consumables. I kinda knew I’d never be able to spend them all.

I actually bought a bunch of those Pegasus to decorate one of my houses!

But yeah, dungeon maker was hopelessly broken. You just can’t have player-made content with worthwhile rewards. It doesn’t work—it WILL be exploited.