Elite Merc Question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Aree at large, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Lol, does that really work for mercs? Have I been dismissing my merc before looting a chest all this time for no reason?

That would be pretty embarassing. :D
  2. Aree at large Member

Yup. I was annoyed when I noticed half my money was going to my merc. Oh and make sure to set it up before summoning the merc or click the Current Party button near the top.
    once I did, all the money was dropping into my grabby little paws.
  3. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Wow. Well that makes the whole splitting plat thing even dumber then if you can get around it just by changing your loot options.

Time to test it out and go get an elite merc if it works for me too! They're definitely worth it if you can get around that issue.
  4. Aree at large Member

The splitting plat thing is for party. Mercs take a party slot once you summon them. The party system isn't programmed to tell the difference between a real person and the merc. That might be why they added the default splitting button. Less lines of code to write. :rolleyes:
  5. Yukishiro1 Active Member

I was always under the impression it was part of the cost of having a merc and that dismissing them to get around the cost was a work-around to get around the intent. If it's really just been lazy programming this whole time that makes me rather sad.
  6. Aree at large Member

Well give it a test. Call your merc, smash a few humanoids and see how much silver you get before and after the option click.
  7. Yukishiro1 Active Member

I'll run OoA real quick later tonight. The variance on that chest is low enough it'll be immediately obvious whether it's getting divided by 2 or not. You always get more than 10p but less than 15, so if it's being divided anyway it'll show up as less than 10p no matter what and if it isn't it'll be more than 10p no matter what.
  8. Aree at large Member

Hehe. Have fun cheating the merc out of the extra loot.

If you're in Oasis I wouldn't mind a thankyou =P I got an elite merc and at level 50 it costs an arm and leg to have her out for just 30 minutes. =o
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Oh my god. I didn't realise you could stop the mercs taking plat. I always kill everything first then dismiss merc and run around looting the chests. Will try this now!

Wonder how long till they fix it now it's common knowledge :(
  10. Aree at large Member

Fix it? I think they added it on purpose. They just didn't tell anyone about it.
  11. Yukishiro1 Active Member

Works for looted coin, doens't work for plat chests. Even with auto split off when you loot a chest with plat it in it still gives a share to your merc (and even says so).

From the chest I just looted from OoA: "The group's mercenaries each take their share of X plat," 50% of the total.

So elite mercs are still a financial no-no if you farm PR and other plat chests a lot.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Yea just tested it in PR, got 8pp from a chest and it saying the merc took it's share
  13. Aree at large Member

14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Hotfix notes saying mercs won't take plat share now
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Not sure if that is referring to the body drop coin or all coin (i.e. the stuff in coin chests).
  16. Belissa Active Member

I read somewhere in the Beta forums that it is the shares for chests.
    Body loot still gets shared.