Elite bard VC's. What's your biggest?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Tackk, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Tackk New Member

The reason I post this is because I'm being told I'm behind the bar. My biggest VC is 21.1 million, and that was from a large stack of trash raid mobs in ossary, using the miracle. I'm told there are bard's in other high end guilds hitting close to 30 mill VC's. I'm currently using 6sec weapons, and the other bards I'm looking at are using 4sec weapons. I'm considering switching, but i was hoping to hear from another dirge using 6sec weapons that is hitting high VC's first.

My profile; http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871881576536
  2. Koko Well-Known Member

So high that mechanics had to be changed so it didn't encounter rollover errors. :p

Those were good times... ='(
  3. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

yeah what are you elites doing
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

My VCs suck but our other dirge is doing 18+ mil. What's worse is I am better geared. He has the salvo charm and weapon damage wrist. That's the only difference. We have the same casting order. I don't get it. :(
  5. Thand Well-Known Member

all thsoe big vc will go away if they lower scouts auto attack damage :)
  6. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

Not completely true. As long as they give us an equal increase to our CA's to make up for the auto attack decrease, the VC's should remain high.

edit: Maybe not has high, but still up there.
  7. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Group makeup also has a bit to contribute to high VC's. Our dirge is rocking close to 20 mil VC's but his can fluctuate 5 to 6 million depending on grp makeup and procs in the group. Makes a huge difference.
  8. Rhapsodic1 Active Member

20mil vc... impossible
  9. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I would comment, but there are no elite bards in my guild.
  10. Aenile Member

When reporting these VCs, are they with or without the RZ AoE? I'm more curious as to what VCs "elite" bards are putting out consistently on single target and on AOE fights.
  11. Tackk New Member

Single target in raid I'm doing between 5-8mill VC's

Stacked Adds in raid without RD AoE 15- 18 mill VC's

Stacked Adds in raid with RD AoE 18 - 21 mill VC's
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

Yes this includes both RZ and/or Sol Ro miracles during RO.
  13. Tackk New Member

Oh man, I'm only using Rallos Devostation. Is there away to use both during RO?
  14. ZUES Well-Known Member

No it's one or the other. Incinerate is better single target. The advantage of sol ro is the non-miracle spell that increases your next fire spell. Pop that, then incinerate. Or instead of that is a dumbfire pet that does heat based AOE while you incinerate. It use to record but to be honest I'm not sure if it still does.

The thinking behind sol ro is that incinerate can hit one trash mob during the RO for over 20 mil. I tried it again when AoM launched and I couldn't see it record in ACT. I'm not sure what's going on with Incinerate these days but I'll pop it a couple times during raid tonight and post the results of the incinerate hit damage. You get two. I'll use one on named and one on trash.
  15. ZUES Well-Known Member

I've seen a 25 mil VC and I see 18+ from our other dirge almost every raid. It's all about the crit bonus and weapon damage jewelry. Deity is only part of it.
  16. Nezette Well-Known Member

Just a couple things:
    THINGS TO DEF CHANGE:
    • Swap out your adorns on your belt-- if you did the sig line, you should have the 16.9 DPS mod adorns that you can plop on. (losing 18.4 DPS)
    • Swap out your adorns on your cloak (like belt)-- then stop reforging into casting speed on your one charm.
    • Why are you using an old flurry rune? You're missing out on 27DPS mod.
    • Take the 5 AA out of the nox ward on principle alone. Like, put the 5 points in Hymn or... Garsin's... you know, something equally effing terrible. But... be a proud dirge and raise your middle finger and say, "Eff you, Devfriends and your garbage 400-800 ward!"
    PERSONAL PREFERENCES (This isn't gospel... it's just what I liked)
    • DPS mod on BP... I think I noticed that the rate of return was a smidgen better on DPS between 1k-1.2k than skills ~2k.
    • AE runes on forearm and legs and take the CB/Pot hit (I have power runes because I liked to pretend like the CAs aren't garbage) on AE sets. There actually were a few solo target encounters that could warrant swapping out purple runes for AE and singles. And then, I wouldn't use the armor with AE on them nor would I reforge into it because AE actually has a pretty terrible reforge rate. (With the runes, you'd be at 22+ 32.5(?) + 35= which leaves you at 89.5 and you have a few jewelry items that'll take you the rest of the way... pop off the AE runes on Single targets, and you'll have a lot more stats to play with.)
    • I'd probably reverse how you have your runes on your cloak and belt-- I'd use the old BA and new WS, for reasons mentioned above.
    • I like 4s weaps... idk if it really makes much of a difference-- it's too much of a pain in the dick to get 2 sets to compare.
    • I also like having both magical and phys weap sets (magical as primary set)-- magical tend to hit higher (but then there's Virt and then it's super lols when you hit a 200k VC at the end because you're like, "oops!") -- if you don't raid with idiots, you have folks wearing the mag debuff ear...
    • I like having 8k-10k abil mod... again, it makes me feel better about myself.
    SOMETHING TO TRY, BECAUSE I'M CURIOUS
    • Since Uplifting Swings and Uplifting Swings 3 stack, I'm kind of curious how much fun you could have using the US3 ear plus Amp WDB and US1 rings (instead of the Amp CB ring -- I'm curious to see what the difference would be). Maybe use the old uplifting CB wrist with it-- I mean, why not. Everyone else puts the "self" ahead, join the club! ;)
    THINGS YOU NEED FROM OTHERS
    • Folks with the group CB charms are pretty amazing. Everyone should use them... EVERYONE. But lets be real, non-healers are dumb.
    • Mag (or Phys) debuff ear.

Oops, I thought I saw that you had a new cloak. nvm! Ignore that one!
    Livejazz likes this.
  18. Tackk New Member

Oh, nice advice Nezette, thanks!!!

I actually brought up in vent, that I had heard the UL swings 1 and 3 stack. The feedback I had was that, you get 2 separate buffs, but the highest of them is whats applied. Are you sure they stack, because i have not personally checked, I just took our guildies at their word.
    Livejazz likes this.
  19. Nezette Well-Known Member

Unless it was changed since last week...? Idk, I don't have US3. But, there are plenty of folks who know about it (including Devs). Apparently it was fixed at one point (I thought beta, but we didn't have the upgraded jewelry on beta, right?) to work the way you described, but it missed live and then it was like "meh, whatevs." I think Bffrat was the one that told me this and I heard other things from other folks.

It shouldn't be difficult to test, but when I brought it up in PMs with folks, it was confirmed that they knew-- which, to me implies that yes, they stack and it's a fun bug that can (and should) totes be taken advantage of!
  20. Nezette Well-Known Member

If you want to be a try-hard, you might want to invest in clickies and crap. I never bothered because I'm lazy. But, like, an easy one is the... Icy Dragon Essence (blue cloudy spirally thingie)? I think that's what it's called-- crafted from Prime Horns and stuff like that-- alternatively you can make the legendary version. You can also grab a Gozak helm to precast on pull for your first RO. There are several others... I'm sure you know folks who can make a list of things for you to farm.

Also, if you're just looking at raw VC numbers (like for a charge add-set), use pure CB belt/cloak-- that's an easy 70+CB.