Eliminate T1/T2 DPS - Just have DPS

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Revanu Well-Known Member

Just my personal opinion and I I'm fairly sure people will throw shade my way which I would encourage. But don't talk about t1 dps or your thoughts on it if you aren't currently end game. Because its just silly.

If you aren't able to see the game in its entirety(being end game content) than why speculate; because at that point you are ignorant and factless.

This discussion isn't about heroic pew pew. So all the heroic content players out there, please do all of us a favor and don't continue to gripe about things that either way will never affect you.

Thanks.

Let the hatred roll on.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

When incoming damage exceeds max health within 1 second, HoTs are useless. For HoTs ticking every 1.6 sec.. people are generally green or dead after a HoT tick. There is no in-between
    Given that the SMALLEST heal on my warden is in excess of 60m these days.. there is no gear I can get to increase my healing capability.. it's just dps increase. For classes with wards.. their heal potential continues to increase with every gear upgrade they get.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

Not anymore. Took a vigorous beating with the nerfbat last year when KoS was the active expansion for TLE and coercers were doing exactly that.
  4. Dinger Member

Even though I agree with much of your sentiment... the game is not ONLY played at the end game level.

Also the drive of people competing at the end game level leads to suggestion that is fraught with agenda, bias, and ulterior motive.

So to act like it is a more pure form of debate of full of fallacy.
    Snikkety likes this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

However, that reflects the opposite point that the majority of the player base is not end game, so wouldn't that part of the game matter more?
    I don't make comments on balance because I know that I don't have enough experience to talk about it. But some people do.
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

Not really, considering people at end game have a clearer image on DPS capability and capacity. But ok, thanks.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Another reason why NOT to play TLE
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well BL can't do even that lol - we can patch a bit after gang survived initial blast. On other hand - having 8+M nowadays pretty much hard coded requirement for the raids
  9. Dinger Member

Clearer image as in they are losing to their guildmate on the parse so the ***** for nerfs so they can win again?

Yes yes the pure objective reality of endgame data will save us all.
  10. Revanu Well-Known Member

question, So if you aren't able to see the problem from the final perspective of its affect, How do you find a plausible solution?
  11. Dinger Member

Things change constantly, from nerfs to updates, to gear changing.. to people gaining experience of all different sorts.

Is there really any "final perspective?"
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

yep. end game.
  13. Dinger Member

So you really think that the classes toping the parses in an end game raid are that different from a mid level raid?

Because they aren't
  14. Revanu Well-Known Member

If that is what you were able to withdraw from my statements, please copy and paste my rhetoric stating that. Thanks. Look forward to your facsimile.
  15. Dinger Member

How about that one?
  16. Revanu Well-Known Member

And where does that state the comparison to mid tier raiding? again, will wait for your facsimile.
  17. Dinger Member

lol... you said that you can only really make any conclusions about dps capacity by looking at end game raiding.. which is laughable and you know it. I agree that complete noobness should not be a great factor in class balancing.

But to act like only end game raiders know or have data that can make any conclusions is utterly false.. because its going to show the same patterns.

Anyways you were actually saying some intelligent responses but now you are diving into murky subterfuge.. so that's all im going to say.
  18. Revanu Well-Known Member

ok, thank you.
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

Except that those changes often get propagated forward into the standard game. TLE isn't an island, and what happens on the standard servers affects it, and what happens there affects the standard servers.
    Meneltel likes this.
  20. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Considering that up until t3, expert herioc gear is better most raid gear so yeah it is still heroic talk. The idea of making all classes t1 dps is as dumb as the one that gave everyone the same gear to put on. You are basically saying if you are not in t4 don't complain, so if you not like 2 or 3 guilds in the entire game that has a horrible population, don't complain. Your entire argument right there is ridiculous and in itself has no grounds. I would indeed like to debate with you after reading that, let's see who has more facts together on our different views.