Elhonna's Skool for Kool Furies version 2.0 (AA, Gear, Playstyles for all Furies)

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-Ferunnia, Feb 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

So I went to update the guide, found out I went a little over the post allowance, and lost all that I had added to the buff section because rather than opening what you had for editing, it instead wipes it back to the original. I'm a bit pissed the hell off right now, so I'll get to it when I get to it. Yay for wasting an hour and a half of my life.
  2. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

Ya forums are always a bit wonky. When i do something major or important. I tend to write into word and paste it into forums. So i dont loose it if the forum troll eats it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Yeah, it's definitely how I'll be doing further updates.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Editing all the AA info to reflect GU61. Also posting a link to my YouTube video showing the most efficient AoE cycling I can come up with, which it helps to practice for all the AoE stuff in the Drunder zones.
    YouTube Link
  5. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

Elhonna,
    This guide is extremely helpful, and I appreciate all of the work you put into it. As a fury who quit about halfway thru SF and only came back about 2 months ago, I've used this guide to go from TSO type gear, all the way to a great set of EM, nearing completion.
    When I came back this was nearly a completely different game than it was back when I played, and this guide helped me get caught up quickly and effectively.
    @Raz_wolf,
    I almost always put SotB on a scout, wether that be raid when I get my troub, or in a grp and it goes on a ranger/other predator. If I don't have one of these, I figure heck, why not give myself the buff. PF, as already stated, should go on the highest DPS class possible. Esp when it's fully AA'd out, this is a huge buff that's a big bonus for any class it gets put on.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

I'm glad my guide was able to help you so much :)
    Just to reiterate, if anyone thinks of something important I may have missed or has suggestions, feel free to discuss here or send me a tell in game. I must have mentored a couple of dozen furies over the years in game, and have made some great friends that way, so I have no problem talking to anyone. I'm not on much outside of being on for raids nowadays, but I'll still talk to you between pulls and stuff.
    Feel free to send me a tell @ Everfrost.Elhonna from 7-11CST Sundays and 8-11CST Tuesday-Thursday. Happy hunting, furies!
  7. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Primary raiding AA part updated for AoD. You can read through to get any advice I had on heroic/solo builds and probably figure out what you should take on your own. If I get any requests to update those AA sections, I will probably do so. My playstyle and other such tips hold true still. You're welcome to write this guide off as elitist, if you'd like, but remember, I stated in the beginning that it is for people looking to get the most out of their class...for the people who have fun doing the impossible.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Will update this guide once GU63 releases.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kurinji Guest

/wave Elhonna! Thanks again for your work. It's especially helpful since I'm back to furying.
    Val
  10. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Prestige stuff up under Chapter 10. I'm updating as I think of pertinent ideas.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sherbrooke Guest

This is amazing! I am one of the clueless but hopeful to do better, and your guide will definitely help me. I've bookmarked it and will be back... a lot. Please don't think no one is reading this!
  12. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Glad people are still getting use out of this guide. It's not perfect by any means, and could use some updating, but there's years of experience playing a high end fury written up in the guide. Anyone is welcome to send me a tell at guk.elhonnax any time I am on as well with any fury questions.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Working on a big overhaul of this guide starting today. Going to bring some things up to date, break down prestige crap and just do a general edit to make sure I'm not relating old info that no longer applies.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Updated Section One to reflect GU64 changes. I am going to toss my ranged spec in a different post, because I don't have the room to edit it into the first one any longer apparently. Will post which section it is in once I decide.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Section 2 Updated. New cast orders added. Video is out of date in that section, but it worked for a long time, and is still decent now, just not the min/maxed cast order I use currently.
  16. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

Thanks Elhonna! I am going to definitely check updates you made recently.