Elemental toxicity

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Epixz, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Epixz Member

Given SOE track record i doubt they ll ever decide to fix the lag that kicks half the raid when a summoner push the elemental toxicity button so i was wondering what other summoner would like to see change or even flat out replace ET with?

disclaimer this post is made out of spite of yesterday constant group crash every time ET was cast by a summoner until i was order to remove the ability from their hotbar.
  2. Luhai Active Member

The way ET is designed it's just multiplying the hits thus causing a LOT of lag.
    So if we have an encounter of 8 mobs and hit them all with an AOE we're going to hit each mob 8 times and 64 times in total.

I'm not sure if it would help to increase the damage of that proc instead of the number. So instead of hitting each mob of that particular encounter 8 times ET could be changed to just hit every mob one time with 8 times the base damage of the proc.
  3. Lantis New Member

Take away the deaggro component, and it will help a lot with the lag.

We need to put more pressure on SOE to get this fixed. It was NOT causing any lag issue back in November 2011, so something that happened in the following 6 months where I was away from the game has introduced the issue.

Same with the Najena raidwide shard. I bug this almost weekly now because I am SO tired of having to ask my illy to take down EV, cast shards, and then have him rebuff me. This is a totally silly bug, and it's been there for years.
  4. Thalador Active Member

It is the same for Necro hearts. Very irritating indeed
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Yep. Because EV increases power cost of spells 100%. In a fight it won't be too noticable but casting power items can be a problem. Our conjuror asked for the same.

I would be more careful with what you saying about EV and your chants in open forums though. It gives you additional 40% pot if it's placed on you guys. Otherwise your illy might decide to put it on a scout or sk or themselves for the heck of it :p joking of course...
  6. Lantis New Member

That's why I'd rather see SOE get this resolved than having to keep bugging my illy to take it off and put it back :)

SOE could probably make shard/hearts be unaffected by any cost increase or reduction. They are cast out of combat anyway, so it would hardly be game-breaking.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I don't think they would, Lantis. It's too powerful buff not to cost something. The sacrifice for having 40-50 % ma and 40% pot increase is power cost.
    Otherwise they would nerf it to oblivion. I rather get asked to remove it and reapply as a chanter than to lose such a nice buff for dpsers.
  8. Lantis New Member

Sorry - I meant only for the raidwide shard/heart spells, which can only get cast out of combat, and simply cannot be cast at all right now if you have EV on you. Fixing this one wouldn't cause any balancing issue, it's strictly a playability issue.
  9. jynoth Member

If you are lagging out BC of ET, maybe you need to turn off over head combat display instead of sacrificing DPS BC your system can't handle it. I usually solo heal mage group with a necro and conjy and never go LD.
  10. Mae- Well-Known Member

I haven't had 3rd party combat display on pretty much since launch, and occasionally crash when I ET on big groups. What's funny is that my husband and I can be in the same group, he on conj, me on necro. When he ET's, he crashes. When I ET, I crash. But neither of us crashes when the other does it.

There is clearly an uptick in lag when ET is cast, the entire raid feels it, so don't make uninformed comments like "get a better system" or "turn off overhead display" because they won't change anything.
  11. jynoth Member

Neither the necro or conjy in our group goes LD when they cast it. If it was a SOE issue solely one would expect to have it effect all necromancers and conjurors, but that isn't the case. Do you still have your overhead damage displayed? I didn't say third party overhead display only.
  12. Mae- Well-Known Member

I don't LD every time I cast ET. In fact I haven't crashed but one time in the basement in HE, but in UD on the drakes I used to crash pretty consistently. I lag every time, as does everyone I know. Yes I keep my own overhead damage on on my necro, its an easy way to keep track of my pet doing damage.
  13. Mohee Active Member

On the large encounters in the new zones, E-tox + all the buffs/procs from illy/troub/fury = LD Conjy everytime. She has all overhead combat turned off, camera straight down at the ground, and even her damage chat tab doesn't have spell damage/hits going to it. Crash to character select everytime. But she is spiking to 3-5 mil DPS before going LD. Same thing happens to our necro in our guild.
  14. jynoth Member

Our necro would crash on the UD drakes until he adjusted his settings. The lag does get worse with any large group fight especially with aoe autoattacks. I have two settings one for raid and one for game play. If I raid in my game play settings my lag is horrid. I'll have to turn off all over head data and test that to see if I still get a lag spike.
  15. Mohee Active Member

For our summoners , on these encounters of 8+ mobs, it doesn't seem to matter what their settings are at. Its not about game performance, they are getting a constant 40-60 frames per second. Its the amount of data having to be sent to the server I'm sure. (Hit F11) Their yellow number they say spikes to over 1-3 million before they get kicked to character select.
  16. Wanyen Active Member

Is chat filtering server side?
  17. jynoth Member

Why wouldn't it effect the entire raid? It seems to be a handful of people per raid.
  18. Wanyen Active Member

because it probably reports everyones damage back to the caster.. whereas everyone who is benifiting from it only has their hits coming to them..
  19. Mohee Active Member

Only seems to affect the Summoners. And its only on linked encounter mobs of 8 or more.
  20. Daray Well-Known Member

Well, Tox is a group buff, so also get applied to any pet(s) they have up, so that could go someway to explaining it.

Either way, something ought to be done to the base design of Tox to limit the number of calculations and data pushed, when potentially half of the raid + pets are procing it on larger group encounters.

Removing the hate element would be one, but if it isn't enough, then potentially re-designing it to just be a straight target-encounter proc with increased damage, but the removal of the "splash" element.

When half the raid (or zone) lags in its current implementation, then it isn't really offering a whole lot of a dps increase. Any alternatives would be better at that point.