EH Recipies

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lanfeare, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]I never said all bards afk on raids, or that they all slack.[/p][p]What I *did* say was that a guild that is short on bards would take one that was not paying 100% attention above not having one present.[/p][p]I mean, Dissolution had Gaige as their dirge...[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Jalathan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    [p]Its not so much needed as it makes grinding faster.[/p][p]Every counter you use that uses power uses a % of your total power, so if you have gear on that increases your power pool, your counters cost more power to use.[/p][p]The theory is that if you minimise your power pool, and have maximum power regeneration (drink, totems, Flowing Thought, bard and chanter power regen etc) you will be able to use your +progress power consuming counter every time it is up, thus making combines go much faster, with minumal downtime between them. [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]which is exactly what I'm saying, I don't have down time on Shaydroth, unless I do something stupid like miss major counters on grinding. Hell, I've never even run out of power on rush writs except when I've miss counters. I do rush writ after rush writ after rush writ with nary a problem.[/p][p]I tried the minimize route (got vendor bought clothing), you know what, it didn't make a difference, I was still using power just as fast and the regen was barely noticable. I understand the 'bonus' it just doesn't make that much difference.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

The only effect power has on crafting is to let you craft a little faster. I get pristine just about every time with a high level adventurer in full normal adventuring equipment. Having a power regen ability (like my illlusionist and dirge) or crafting whilst low level adventurer makes no significant difference to how good a crafter you are. Crafting is currently too easy for anything to do that. I don't wait for power to regen between normal combines either. Only before rares.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

It's one of many possible and pluasible strategies for power pool management. That's all. There are many, many "right" ways to craft, crafting nekkid is just one of them. It does seem to make a difference at higher adventure levels.
  6. ARCHIVED-Meiox2 Guest

Its not BS it depends on rng and how fast you want to craft. I made most of the timed writs with my WS,Armorer, Jeweler and provi. WS and armorer no problems to complete timed writs, I could do them without the power arts, but I use them to speed it up. My jeweler and my provi on the other hand, has always at minimum 1 recipie per writ where I got a really bad rng streak and qualy goes down like crazy. If I get it at 2 recipies I always get close with the time and I have to use the power arts as often as possible. If they would be T1 toons I could press them at every round. I don't know if its the toons or the professions that its harder, but on this 2 toons I never had a easy timed writ.
  7. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]I use my T7 power pushes quite frequently and I still never run out of power, you just have to use them smartly and not just spam them when they aren't needed. 9 times out of 10, your lowest progress push art will suffice.[/p][p]I can also tell you my wife who is a lvl 66 carpenter and 61 monk never drops her gear for crafting, she has minimal issues with the timed writs and has never complained about power issues holding her up. She uses the same basic techniques I use on my armorer (which makes sense since I taught her how to craft ;))[/p][p]I understand the concept, I'm just saying it doesn't make as much difference as one thinks it does, I've used both.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

If raiding is easy, then why should it be the path where all rewards lead to? Why should good gear only be linked to adventuring if at the heart of adventuring, it is no harder or easier than crafting something is?
  9. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I craft at 14, 17, 18, 18, 21, 23, 27, 33 and 65 My bard is the level 21, but I've crafted on her from her time on the island. I craft no faster or slower on my 21 bard than I do my 65 ranger. I use good drink on both and craft fully geared. The myth that you have to be low level to craft well is exactly that, a myth. I have never crafted naked, and I've been a crafter since I first started playing. If you understand your reaction arts and you use them appropriately. then you will never have power issues.
  10. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

I organise and lead lower level raids for my guild. It is the hardest thing I have found in this game. Adventuring is easy, crafting is even easier.
  11. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]Raiding is 'easy', orgainizing and leading it is a different story.[/p][p]I put easy in '' for one reason, you really do need the 'fabled' gear to be effective in that arena, the real question is whether that in and of itself is a design flaw. And whether it was smart design to have equipment have that much of an impact on the over all game mechanics. I would say no, others would say yes. It is all a matter of taste in the end though.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

While this is not really the place to discuss it, if your raid had a fully decked out MT, but everyone else was in treasured, you will not do well at all on the top end raids. You'll do fine on entry level raids such as Labs, but raids like Deathtoll (a little under half way through the current T7 progression) you will fail miserably. Fabled is not 'needed' to raid, its only 'needed' to do end game raiding.
  13. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

I 'still' have nightmares about trying to lead T5 raids back in the day. Was in a 'family guild' that had no druids and no shaman...
  14. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

[p]I have 2 provisioners (dont ask...) one is a level 20 illusionist, the other is not.[/p][p]If I am doing grey combines for whatever reason, I wouldn't even think of doing them on the other provisioner, s on the illusionist I can do nothing but spam my biggest +progress counter and get through each combine in 30 - 45 seconds, and have very little downtime while making 5 - 10 stacks of food/drink. In this sort of crafting (+progress to get it done as fast as poss) it is very noticable[/p][p]Again, it is not 'needed' to be a good crafter at all, but yes, it DOES make a diffrance, a small one, but there are times when that small diffrance can cut your crafting time drastically.[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

If all your doing is spamming to speed your way through maybe but spamming isn't the best method to consistently get pristine results.
  16. ARCHIVED-Talzar Guest

Some crafts are easier than others. For whatever reason they just are. My carpenter is by far the easiest. I have a 30k faction Qeynos and FP crafter. My carpenter can jam progress and blow through writs very quickly. If I did that on my weaponsmith I would probably fail every writ. I don't know why it happens. I just know I can make two or three items for every one a weaponsmith next to me can make.
  17. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

I do rush writs on 8 of my crafters, all the ones that are currently in Tier 6 crafting. The only class I don't do rush writs on is the armorsmith because she's still in Tier 3 and our guild already has a high level armorsmith so leveling her isn't priority. I always finish them with over a minute to spare. You do *not* have to be a certain class, a certain level or go around without gear. Spamming might get you spotty results that you could claim were "better" or "worse" than each other, but understanding your arts and using them wisely means you will never have trouble getting pristine, no matter the crafting class.
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

QFE :) Something to remember too, is the Arts are not identical from class to class.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

how do they differ far as I have been able to tell of the original games ts classes you get 6 skills by 20 3 of them enhance duration at the cost of either %chance of success, reduction of progress, or power; and then the same thing for progress except the dropping of duration instead of progress.
  20. ARCHIVED-Equinon Guest

Well.....going back to what this post was initially intended for, Raid zone tradeskill drops. Biggest issue here for me is that I currently have 6 level 70 crafters, 3 level 70 adventure toons and (oh my) 1 level 70 dedicated raider. Well, unfortunately, I'll never get any of these recipes that drop (unless it is for the same tradeskill my raider is) because there is always somebody there who is in that tradeskill. Sadly, my raider is not one of my level 70 crafters.......so even then, he get's left out of the loot option on the recipes ;(

I do like the idea of recipes being dropped off mobs and having a limited number of uses, much like the Halasian Brew from unrest. I do not, however, feel that any recipe should be restricted to a tradeskill zone or be no-trade. This greatly limits the ability of all other players to have an opportunity to craft those items and/or obtain them. One of the main pushes of this game is the fairness involved in it (for adventure and tradeskillers alike). Constant nerfing to insure all classes remain where they are suppose to be and no one class becomes a "super" class should show that one. Naturally the fairness in the game does tend to lean one way or another from time to time and between nerfs. Honestly though, the best gear in the game in limited to raid zones, why should the best tradeskill recipes be limited to these zones also. Raiders are "Adventuring" into those zones to obtain gear. I honestly don't see somebody "Tradeskilling" into a raid zone to obtain a recipe :(

Please, if you are going to make recipes specific to mob drops and have limited uses or components.......please keep them to regular zones and, at the very least, have them limited to instanced single group zones. It's sickening enough to sit around and watch the raiders "pose" themselves in the most public of places just for self-glory and gluttony. Giving them the exclusive option to the recipes and the components required to craft them makes them even more self-centered and egotistical. They will sell whatever they can on the broker for outrageous prices, usually just to show that they have the item in the first place.

Yes, I do raid. No I do not pose myself in the town center or link every raid drop in 70 chat. Yes, I would like a shot at these recipes. No, I do not think it is right in any way to limit these recipes to a Raid zone. We have the gear and weapon drops.......we don't need the damn recipes........put them where they belong and let the crafters enjoy the aspect of the game that they enjoy the most.

Well.......flame on!