EH Recipies

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Lanfeare, Mar 2, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Lanfeare Guest

[p]Has anyone seen any of these yet?[/p][p] [/p][p]Not sure if we are doing EH this weekend but would be interesting to see if they are no trade etc and what can be made.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

On Test the recipes were not no trade.
  3. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

Putting new recipes in a raid zone is nothing but another NERF to tradeskills.
    Why should we have to join a RAID TO GET RECIPES and COMPONENT!!!!NO FAIR!!
  4. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

It's not a nerf to tradeskills but it is a reward for adventuring that has a tradeskill component *shrug*. It makes tradeskillers into "bots", just there for the final combine, without really involving them at all. Since the stuff is only in the hardest raid zone where not many can actually acquire them, they'll be rare and that should lessen the impact on tradeskilling as a whole. It is sad, though, they can't figure out how to reward tradeskillers for tradeskilling instead of making them wait around for crumbs from adventurers *shrug*
  5. ARCHIVED-Gorthag Guest

Actually, its something for folks who are both raiders *and* tradeskillers - just because you're a tradeskiller, doesn't mean you have to be a low level/casual adventurer... those of us who raid heavily and tradeskill heavily have long been disappointed in the lack of anything but food and temporary use of AD3s til we get our masters as far as useful tradeskill stuff - until now, the majority of the stuff we could make either went towards gearing up alts or selling to fund raid repair costs - its nice that there's finally attention being paid towards creating tradeskill items that are useful even at the high end of the game - its completely fitting that you should have to raid to be able to make raidgear...
  6. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p] yes, it is perfectly logical /sarcasm off![/p][p]No, there is NO logic in it at all. Getting the components, yes there is logic there. Making the gear, absolutely NONE. Being a raider doesn't automatically make you or anyone else a better tradeskiller. In fact, it if were at all realistic, you shouldn't be able to be an adventurer and a tradeskiller, but since SoE screwed that pooch we are stuck with a bullcrap system that is geared only towards the ultra elite.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Jalathan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I agree with the bolded and think Gorthag is completely off but still, there is nothing wrong with rewarding players who engage in every aspect of gameplay. I myself, have always liked the idea of rewards for people who do both.About the only thing we can actually be upset about in this scenario is that general crafting got nothing while a very small segment got a few new toys. Even that though should be taken in scope. Ilucide has a lot to do and this was just an easier place to start. General crafting needs a lot more than just a recipe or two to be fixed and it's obvious he's working on that.As long as it doesn't affect our markets, I can't really see a reason to be upset. Even though realism has nothing to do with game mechanics, you could very well be both an artisan and combatant and there is no reason except game mechanics to keep the separate. Even if SOE had made trades truly require one dedicated slot, if they put the same system behind it would have been a catastrophic failure instead of just a failure. What exactly can you do differently that the current system can't accommodate? For what reason should you have to choose between two wholly different spheres? If what Calthine says is true about the components being no-drop, it's not an issue for us as it doesn't affect our markets.Since the recipes are tradable it's not even like we are locked out. Talk to Strike or anyone else who's able to clear EH on Lucan and make a service deal. There are a number of ways around this.
  8. ARCHIVED-Solar_Flare Guest

You guys do realize the recipes only have a limited number of charges right? AND the items needed to tradeskill it come from the same zone the recipes come from. What some of you might be missing is the fact that this was done to give the trash mobs in the zone a reason to be killed and not just avoided. These items drop off the trash and make the zone a little less of a burden. SOE didn't go "hey i know lets put in tradeskill recipes just to piss off the casual adventurer hardcore tradeskiller cause they will want them so badly." Remember! Just because a recipe is in game and not in your knowledge book doesn't mean you will not be complete anymore /comfort. You might not like the way it was put into the game but MAYBE just maybe this will become a trend and more rare tradeskill recipes will be released later on further enhancing the tradeskill market. Perhaps just on a whim SOE might be listening and this is a "test" of how well it pans out and if all you do is ***** about it they might just scrap the whole idea of ever giving you tradeskillers anything in the future cause no matter what happens ya just whine and moan.
  9. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Changes like this don't enhance the tradeskill market. They enhance the raider market. That market needs no more help than it already receives. Raiders have every facet of the game open to them and can receive all the rewards from all facets, no matter if they participate in that facet or not. Tradeskillers have no "end game" so to speak at the moment, and to enhance the tradeskill market would be to add in rewards for tradeskillers for tradeskilling, no what they can or cannot do on an adventure level.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Solar_Flare wrote:
    IF there are more recipes added that will enhance tradeskilling and not just provide something for the highest raiders (whether they tradeskill or not), then I will be glad of their "experiment".

I will tell you, though, I was shocked and pleased to hear there was actually an alchemy recipe among the new fableds and even a sage recipe. THAT alone does give me hope since the last version of fabled recipes were -only- jeweler, armorer, tailor, weaponsmith, and woodworker which is only a nudge more than half of the tradeskill classes.

BUT, what annoys me about this is that it was touted, before GU32, as (paraphrasing): "Hey, we've got something really nifty coming in for the high level tradeskillers." And THAT it is not.

Oh... and as much as I like the concept of the Nest, that's not any type of reward for high level tradeskillers, either. Rijacki has been 70 (the definition of "high level tradeskiller" I think would apply) since about a month after KoS released, but since she wasn't my adventuring primary, she had only now been in her 60s with wizarding. How many people are even willing to do Nest now? So, how was that a "reward" for my high level crafting?

Rijacki isn't in a high-end raid guild. She was, for a while in a raid guild, but I moved her for personal reasons having nothing to do with the guild. As Rijacki, I won't see the new "rewards for high level tradeskills" until... well.. probably never. By the time I am capable, as Rijacki, to go there, they will be at least 1 to 2 tiers "old news" and not worth anyone's serious time. BUT, I'm not irritated I can't adventure in in EH to get access to the recipes (and I am actually glad they're adding fabled recipes again), I am only peeved that they were touted as "rewards for high level tradeskilling" which they aren't. I got my hopes warily up when Illucide said they were adding something for high level tradeskillers. I feel betrayed.. again.
  11. ARCHIVED-FoxRiverRanger Guest

[p]This was not a test. They have followed this paradigm since the inception of the game. Mastercrafted recipies can not be taught by a knowledgable trainer, but run a bear through with a sword and the mysteries of crafting rare materials are found. The most advanced recipes in the game should be earned through the dedicated effort of pursuing a tradeskill beyond the required drive to level. That these, the only fabled recipes in the game drop from Trash should appease us?[/p][p]What you call whining and moaning is the legitamite protestation of crafters to SOE once again slighting the crafting game for the sake of adventurers. What would happen if the crafting community could create better equipment than raider drops? Oh that right, look at the state of Mastercrafted after the raider "whine and moan" about progression and Legendary Cobalt Armor. Many crafters accepted that the itemization was wrong and needed correction, apparently you can not look beyond your own self intrest to see that now raiders have been given what should have been designed into the crafting game.[/p][p]Adventurers have thier progression and rewards. Crafters have niether. And those elements offered since the redesign of combines and itemization (fabled crafting, secondary tradeskills) have all been promised to crafters during development and delivered to adventurers.[/p][p] [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Having seen the screen shots on another site...complain. A few of the items are attuneable not no trade bringing in the potential for market tiering. With crafting in it's current state, having these items able to enter the market is disheartening.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

There is no disparity the recipes are consumable and tradeable so any crafter can make them. Some items will only be used by raiders. Nuke scrolls, arrows, etc. Some items will probably be sold. Either or who cares if raiders get items that require tradeskills. This HAS NOTHING to do with tradeskillers problems.
    Put it this way if they simple put in those items as trash drops w/o requiring tradeskills would that make you happier? I don't see how. because those items will still go in the market. Except in that scenario NO ONE will even need a tradeskiller.
    On the other hand i liked the idea of halasian brew in Unrest and items in Nest of the great egg. I like the idea of drops in ALL aspects of the game requiring tradeskills. If you can't see how that helps tradeskillers overall then your being selfish and self centered. The more tradeskillers are involved throughout ALL game aspects the more involved and rewarding tradeskilling will be. This includes raids.
    I truly think there should be more raid, and group obtained tradeskill components that can use the new commision system to involve tradeskillers to produce quality items.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ilucide Guest

Gungo@Crushbone wrote:
    Bingo. -Ilu
  15. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Ilucide wrote:
    Actually, the qoute should go: .. The more people are involved throughout ALL game aspects the more involved and rewarding the game will be. This includes tradeskills.

Either/or .. I am curious as to what Solar_Flare meant about them (recipes) being "limited charges"?
  16. ARCHIVED-lilmohi Guest

Normally i have a lot of respect for your perspective Rijacki but i think you are completely off base here. You are mad that you read a teaser about an upcoming update and it turned out it didn't mean what you thought it meant. The teaser wasn't a lie, it just didn't explain to the level of detail that would have prevented you from making false assumptions. The reality is they are high level tradeskill recipes for high level tradeskillers, and if you still have friends from your old raiding guild they might be bringing you the components to craft items for them.
  17. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]if the recipes are tradeable, I have no major issues with this. But my understanding is, the recipes are no trade.[/p][p]I for one am sick of seeing my playstyle tromped on for the benefit of the hard core raiders.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p]mmm, the level of detail in the teaser didn't have to be much, though. [/p][p]All it had to do was say: "rewards for high level raiding tradeskillers" and most of the false hope by the rest of us shmucks could have been avoided. [/p][p]The out-cry would still be there but the false hope could have been avoided. [/p][p]I am prepared to sit around twiddling my fingers for a year(+) before I see any of these recipes for what I would consider a decent price for my non-raiding characters but that doesn't mean the idea was a success. Just means I am rather deperate for anything new for my tradeskills. [/p][p]I, however, remain slightly hopeful that someday they will add in a few of these recipes (or of like quality) to some of the lower/high group instances and/or add in some REAL Tradeskill QUESTS![/p][p]Personally, I would rather waste my time by crafting 1,000,000 items than sit around for 3 hours for a 30 mins raid. [/p][p]At least in EQ1 we had /gems to pass the time while waiting for the raid to start. blah. [/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-Amataelia Guest

Let's turn the tables on this discussion a bit. SOE introduces a basic quest into the game for armorers, the end reward for this quest is a recipe and components to make a fabled breastplate. However, the recipe, components and breastplate are no trade. Granted, only an armorer who is also a plate wearer could equip this but you get my idea. I wonder how many raiders would "whine and moan" then? I also don't see how the "risk vs. reward" argument can be applied here, these items drop off trash mobs and were put in game because raiders were BORED trying to clear trash mobs to the main boss. As a high end crafter I am a master at my trade. I feel as a master crafter I should have access to any recipes and items in the game that relate to my trade via items being tradeable. Much like they were in T5 with rubicite and star rubies. You didn't see everybody running about in rubicite armor but armorers had the ability to obtain these items if they chose to. I'm with Rijacki on this one, I was incredibly excited that something special was being implemented into the game for high end crafters and was very dissapointed in the outcome. We have had so much taken away from us that it just gave us a glimmer of hope I think. I also want to thank Illucide for coming to these boards, showing an interest in what is posted by the crafting community and taking the time to let us know he is here by responding. Please don't take what we express here as whining and complaining, many of us just want to see the crafting community brought back to the place it was when we were able to produce items the adventuring community actually wanted and we didn't have to compete against trash drops.
  20. ARCHIVED-Amataelia Guest

Jalathan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I may be very wrong here, but it is my understanding that the recipes are tradeable but the components needed to make the items are not.