Echoes of Faydwer Beta

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Caith, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Nimbrithil Member

At first glance I see that alot of abilities gain plus crit bonus from class AA tree abilities, does this mean crit bonus will be added?
  2. Arandar Well-Known Member

They keep mentioning that they're normalizing crit bonus across the tiers, so I'm guessing that it will be enabled with EoF. Hopefully they're also going to revert whatever wonky stuff they've done with mitigation and healing and just go forward with balancing content based on standardized abilities, rather than how they've attempted to do this in the past (which hasn't really worked very well).
  3. Kander Developer

We're not done adjusting stats. As the patch note said, we have only mapped out potency. We'll be going back and adjusting/adding stats. We will be going through all the raid gear as well. The potency, which is the power stat and the absolute most important stat for progression is where we were looking first.
    Onra and Kurzan like this.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that this is just an oversight, given that it's a level 70ish zone. Releasing it with Kunark would basically mean people just run it once for the AA and then forget about it (and I thought it was pretty fun back in the day).
  5. Sprok Active Member

Yeah, especially since the last guy in there drops Bloodthirsty Choker.

It releasing with RoK wouldn't be too surprising as it is part of I think five epic quests, but still pretty disappointing if we have to wait until it's trivial... I loved that zone so much.
  6. Pumarah Member

BTW and speaking of the transportation, would the Devs care to finally unlock the griff stations in Thundering Steepes and Nektelos Forest. I think they are a tad late for unlocking IMHO. :rolleyes:
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Aw, but that would just kill OW PvP, don't ya know. Can't have them griffon stations around letting folk escape. o_O
  8. Graybeard New Member

PVP where? Oh darn... I must have missed it then...
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol give us with handicaps a chance to get away from the bad, bad, wolf
    Adevil is talking about Deathtoll
    what is this a PvP server or hunt the elderly and infirm server
    shish don't let them escape sounds horrid
    But I know what he means if we get mounts that let us break an encounter by leaping , gliding or flying
    or something like griffins in an area where PvP takes place people even the ones that picked the PvP server knowingly
    could just run instead of standing their ground if they are given half a chance.
    I believe we been told that at least for Deathtoll we won't get leaping,
    gliding or flying mounts , well the same could go for quick transit like griffins or such if they are not essential like in TT, Barren sky or other such places.
    Things could be hanled the same way Stormhold gets it and Deathtoll does not.
  10. Adevil Well-Known Member

That's the heart of the whole problem. Deathtoll screamed and got what they wanted. Stormhold is still choking on the result - which is no leaping, gliding, or other fast travel options there either.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

they also effected the live servers look what happened to the cloudstations in kingdom of the sky.
    Belenos and HaphazardAllure like this.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The fact that a prior expansion is getting another round of beta testing should be a clear indication that this whole TLE thing is a bust. Who is even going to show up on to test? There are lingering issues with live going back a couple years and now you're screwing around with travel on Live making places like KoS more of a chore than they need to be. I hope those that clamored for progression are happy because you're in for a rude awakening.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

What do you surmise is waiting in the wings?
  14. Adevil Well-Known Member

Today's patch notes: "Corrected stats on the Dwarven ringmail Tunic. "