Echoes of Faydwer Beta

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Caith, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Caith Developer

While the vote to unlock Echoes of Faydwer has not yet passed, we have opened up the content on the Beta server so that players may get a feel for what is coming.

[IMG]

There are a lot of updates coming to Time-Locked Expansion servers after this content unlocks, including:
    The Fallen Dynasty Adventure Pack zones and instances.
    Echoes of Faydwer zones and instances.
    Echoes of Faydwer Class AA Trees, and the AA Cap is raised to 100
    Secondary tradeskill skills Tinkering, Transmuting, and Adorning

If you’re an All Access Member, you’ll be flagged with access to the beta server!

Here is some information to help you get started in Beta:

How to provide testing feedback:
    • Use the /bug or /feedback command in game to open a window and submit information
    • Post bugs and suggestions in this thread.
    How to copy your character over to the Beta server:
    • Log in a character Stormhold (PvE) or Deathtoll (PvP) and then type the /beta command.
    To patch and get into the Beta servers:
    • Open your station Launchpad
    • In the top-left corner, click the 'Version' link which will open the 'Select Game Version' panel
    • Choose 'Beta' in the drop-down menu and then hit 'Apply' to begin patching
    • Hit 'Play' once the patching completes
    Other Key Points:
    • Beta installs into a subfolder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
    • Remember to set the 'Version' back to your regular setting to access your normal server.
    • The Beta server may not be accessible at all times, as patching occurs when it is necessary.
    • The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning Beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
    We look forward to hearing your feedback and seeing you on the Beta server!
  2. Caith Developer

Known issues
    New characters of good alignment cannot currently choose Kelethin as a city choice once they leave the Isle. This has been corrected for the next beta build.
    Kuulei likes this.
  3. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Will Moonlight Enchantments be available as well once this expansion unlocks?
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

The very first suggestion I have is add the other vanilla zones (Enchanted Lands, Nektulos, Zek, etc.) to the bells in the harbor. There is absolutely no reason to force players to use the carpet to go to Sinking Sands first. All it's doing is imposing more load on your own servers by making people zone multiple times to get to the same place. And for people who load zones slowly, for whatever reason, it's nothing but a nuisance.

Edit 1: I also notice that you can bell directly to Butcherblock from Enchanted Lands, which would seem to defeat the purpose of having the ships at Thundering Steppes and Nektulos.

Edit 2: And when you do take the ship (I used the one from the TS docks), when you arrive at Butcherblock you fall through the world and end up at the back end of the zone.
    Nuhvohk likes this.
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd also point out to people who wanted to test this that the instructions Caith gave are slightly wrong. With the current version of the patcher, you select the version in the lower left corner:

[IMG]

Then you can select the Beta server from the drop-down list:

[IMG]

After it starts updating, you can also save yourself some time by closing the launcher and copying all of the other folders in your EQ2 game folder into the BetaServer folder except the "cache", "LaunchPad.libs" and "logincache-us" folders. You can also exclude the "logs" and "screenshots" folders as well. Then log back in through the launchpad and it'll update the rest of the files that you need.
    Kuulei likes this.
  6. Simparri Active Member

This will Also help those who are operating under bandwidth/monthly download data limitations, they don't have to take the time/space to re-download the whole game all over again.
  7. Arandar Well-Known Member

A few more things. The griffon at the Butcherblock docks gives you the option to travel to Timorous Deep. If you take it, you eventually get an error message about not having Kunark and you hang in the middle of the air (at the zonewall).

Also, the griffons in Thundering Steppes and Nektulos are still not enabled. Given that griffons are used throughout Butcherblock, and the fact that those stations were originally added during DoF, I think it's time that they be activated now. I really can't see any rationale for not providing faster travel in those low level zones.
  8. Nuhvohk Active Member

actually i think they should just add back in the paid ticket to TS/Nek, since the SS carpet shortcut didn't exist back in the day (originally the SS carpet took you back to your city, there wasn't a bell in SS).

but i guess that's too much to ask, so all-encompassing world bell it is.
    Kurzan likes this.
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

Personally, I wouldn't mind the tickets coming back (minimal coin sink that it was), but they were also eliminated a long time ago, I'm thinking even prior to GU13.
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

I notice the Scion of Discord NPCs that give battleground quests are active.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

O well cant say anything about that only along for the ride. I liked the idea to have those access
    quests to get to the new zones nothing should be automatically granted and some are fun even if it takes a wile.
    But it did not happen for the quest in Thundering Steps so I don't think anything like that will happen here.
  12. Arandar Well-Known Member

There's also the very circuitous route of Qeynos > Queen's Colony > Kelethin and back. Although there is some running involved, it's fairly minor and there's the fast travel horses throughout Greater Faydark. I guess what I'm getting at is unless 2 or 3 loading screens is something they consider "desirable", the notion of slower zone travel is really moot at this point.
  13. Monotone Active Member

Should Isle of Mara be available also? Don't see a way to get there!

Never mind found from TS docks!
  14. Arandar Well-Known Member

Go to the Thundering Steppes or Nektulos docks, the world bell will take you there (and to Butcherblock, which pretty much means you can just ignore the boat ride).

And that just made me think of the guild "Qhos Minions" on Stormhold. I guess they're basically defunct now, which is too bad because they can finally meet their namesake.
  15. Nuhvohk Active Member

you're thinking of the boats. I'm talking about the 60s nek/TS ticket, which was in the game until TSO when they introduced the new world bell
    Kurzan likes this.
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

Looks like there's more of a stat explosion with EoF on lower level gear. It looks like this used to be +14 AGI and STA.

[IMG]
  17. Arandar Well-Known Member

I thought the tickets were taken out much earlier, but right you are. It looks like they were removed with GU56 back in 2010.
  18. Adevil Well-Known Member

That's a tad overkill.
  19. Phee2 Member

This whole 1 blue stat on raid gear while treasured/legendary/quest gear has 3 or more blue stats really has to be looked at.. unless there is like 10 potency on a raid piece then it needs more stats in like with progression of treasured/legendary. Im sure there will be plenty of examples to come aside from what has currently been posted. this is like 90 percent of the reason people say raid gear needs to be fixed.
  20. Sprok Active Member

Not sure if this is intended or not, but Shard of Fear is currently non-accessible.