Easy fix for SK

Discussion in 'Shadowknight' started by ARCHIVED-Gravy, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

1. Remove the few threat increasing spells.
    2. Add group wide DPS buffs.
    3. Label SKs as a dps class.
    Cuz this tanking stuff - not so much.
  2. ARCHIVED-bluedego Guest

Wait i got this one!
    hope i troll properly. ok here goes. I know a guy who saw a guy tank ok as a sk once. So sk's are fine, it must be you.
    How'd i do?
  3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:
    Close keep practicing.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Rageincarnate@Unrest wrote:
    Cmon man. You've been around long enough to know what's up.
    A level 90 chrono'd down to 20 tanking Stormhold doesn't count.
    A SK simply doesn't have the aggro tools to effectively tank a zone like ToRZ. If they spec out their AA to add hate/threat to every possible spell they still can't get aggro once its lost.
    I have a level 90 SK. I know this man. I've tried everything.
    A SK is a great power leveling toon to chrono down and mass pull rooms. But as far as being a tank in a difficult at-level zone they simply can't do it.
    So why not make them the evil opposite of the Beastie?
    Turn them into a DPS toon. It wouldn't be difficult. Take the AAs that add threat and make them into AAs that increase group DPS.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Just fix the fricken issues I already mentioned in the other thread.
    Its not hard, it just requires time which they seem to be lacking.
  6. ARCHIVED-Chaim Witz Guest

An easy fix for all aggro issues is what i've been posting for awhile now in different forums....make taunts work off of MA like damage does. Or at the very least taunts should be worth way more hate that damage. When dps classes are hitting 6 times with MA, a taunt that hits once is a complete waste of time.
    I also have a sk. I also am specced to hate increase and anything that procs a taunt. If taunts actually did anything, a sk should keep aggro with no problems considering cavalier's shout, malevolent protection, and your ER. With all that, sks have taunts going off constantly...yet still can't hold aggro.
    I've since tried out a bruiser and pally for comparison. Bruiser can hold aggro in most cases with freakin auto attack. the pally I don't have geared equally to my sk yet so I haven't tried much with him yet.
    I see this topic get brought up a lot. Sadly after a couple days the thread dies out and seems to be ignored by devs. Hopefully this wont happen this time.
  7. ARCHIVED-Vexorkane Guest

As it stands, SK role is tertiary tanking at best, we are the skilled anticipators of emergency tanking. So, yea, more focus on burst DPS and temporary tanking abilities is the way I see us going in the future. More DPS would be all kinds of awesome, and although we have the capability to tank well with the proper AA and group set up, it's just much harder to do as an SK.
    I'd like to see an increase in debuffs inside taunts, and more spell casting on-the-move/increased in-combat run speed. I agree our primary role should be DPS focused and definitely top tier as far as tank damage goes.
  8. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

or consolidate, take the best abilities from both pally and SK and create the single class. having 6 tanks just won't work, you know it, i know it, everyone knows it and so does sony which is why certain classes get buffed every year.

either that or their grand plan is to sell tokens on the marketplace which magically turns you into either a tank or a DPS character, since SK and zerks both seem to be divided into 2 groups of people.. those who want to actually lead a group and those who want to blow up mobs while wearing the heaviest armor in game.

i semi agree that tanks shouldn't do decent DPS unless they take off their armor, which is where stance changes come into play. you should be locked into your decision to be in offensive or defensive once you enter combat, because you can't toss on a whole suit of armor once a mob is beating you over the head now can you? but convincing sony that they did have something is the problem, since the failed tank revamp i simply don't think they are willing to travel that road again. the next biggest issue is that the tank revamp did not increase DPS in offensive and you still were not a tank, you were hardly a space filler for a raid and who wants that? offensive and defensive should be a real switch, not giving us what we already had yet even less of it.

i never thought i would be promoting that revamp but this is what things have come to. if you want to stop the cycle you have to group up and come up with real ideas for change to overcome the current and ongoing "6 tank classes will not cut it" rule. thinking of just yourselves just keeps this cycle going. i haven't tanked in over 2 years so i have nothing to gain in saying anything.