Easter Egg: Gollum from LOTR!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-rifter2, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-rifter2 Guest

Look carefully at this guy and tell me who he looks like...

[IMG]

Ok not exactly the same but...
    Look what he talks about...

[IMG]

His Precious. Oh Cherished. Right. Same thing.

Still don't believe me it's him? Say "Mullok" backwards.
    In fact, Spell it backwards - K-o-l-l-u-m. Look familiar now? G-o-l-l-u-m.

Hehe.
  2. ARCHIVED-omegazero737 Guest

Where did you see this little Gem of a NPC?
  3. ARCHIVED-A 12 Gauge 007 Guest

He is in the secret hidden stash in Sinking Sands, an instance zone for 50+. Its pretty cool actually.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ayun Guest

easter egg you say? oh i thought it was just bad creativity.
  5. ARCHIVED-Etillchou Guest

Am I the only one who's smart enough to realise what Mullok is when you turn it around.. Kollum when speaking out loud.. Gollum..

hardly an easter egg.. There are more links to LOTR. Just visit the babbleSHIRE
  6. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

The item he drops is kinda useless IMO. Its a ring that gives you invis...but also has a huge dot attached to it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tolian Guest

Lol that's pretty funny :p
  8. ARCHIVED-Elusian Guest

A necklace, and you can live 4.9 ticks before having to take it off.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xakkoriz Guest

WoW has way more easter egg type things... which I'm glad because they can be funny I don't like them too much... on WoW there is an npc with a green hat and tunic name Lihk or something that gives a quest for a sword and a bow... it is obvioulsy referring to Link from The Legend of Zelda... and the quest names he gives are even named after levels on the original Zelda... foolish Blizzard :D
  10. ARCHIVED-Meleania Guest

Invis you say? Just like..LoTR?
  11. ARCHIVED-Curthalion Guest

Eh? The OP just mentioned the Kollum/Gollum thing.

And shire is an old English term for a small town. Hardly just LOTR.
  12. ARCHIVED-rifter2 Guest

Yes it kills you, just like in LOTR. The item eventually takes your soul.
  13. ARCHIVED-diglow Guest

Lol, if it was just the guy and the name, you could say say it was bad creativity, but when he drops a soul sucking necklace that gives you invis, you have to admit, thats pretty clever!
  14. ARCHIVED-DemosEye Guest

I dont think he was referring to the name, more the fact that the homes look exactly like the ones in the shire and its inhabitants are halflings. Unless im mistaken I dont think shires in england are all full of midgets living in box houses. :smileyhappy:
  15. ARCHIVED-Curthalion Guest

Aye. And I wasnt even going to post a reply to Etil but the smarmy attitude got to me hehe.
  16. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

Yeah I meant to say he drops a necklace..had LOTR on my mind when I was typing that :smileyvery-happy:

I can only wear the thing for a few seconds before my health starts getting in the orange.
  17. ARCHIVED-Elusian Guest

It can take health from you 4 times before you have to take it off, you'll be in the red when you do tho.
  18. ARCHIVED-snowzeh Guest

From LU 19 notes....
    - Halflings now appear slightly more youthful. Perhaps they obtained a certain unmentionable ring that preserves their youth...
  19. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

20. ARCHIVED-rifter2 Guest

the above poster...
    p. jackson... THE Peter Jackson? The director of LOTR?! Wow.
    I KNOW you saw this Acceptance speech Gollum gave on MTV, where he calls you a ... well, just watch the totally hilarious acceptance speech: This is the funniest speech you'll ever see anywhere ever.
    http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2003/m_gollum-p1.php
    Oh ya and don't try and read the lips of the actor in the crowd after Gollum is done )
    Message Edited by rifter2 on 03-03-200606:28 PM