Easiest classes to play.....for the wifey

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Viper482, May 9, 2013.

1. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Well said. I know it's 'typical' for females to play healers. But when a lot of females have only recently started gaming, healer is a good class to pair with another class that is played by someone who does know how to get around in an online/MMO world.

To be doing something fairly important for a group, but to also be able to follow someone around that can show you how things work - is pretty valuable when you are learning. Many of the healer classes solo well, but have the ability to shine in a group (or even a duo). That's a good way to get someone started playing and liking their role. Who wants to log on and find out they aren't needed?
  2. Edelphia Well-Known Member

My first solo character is a 95 fury, love her to death, but if the AA isn't set up right, she burns through power like no tomorrow. She's good in a fight on her own, but can also hold her own and heal others in a group.

My second highest character is a 92 Warden, who I love! She plays with an inquisitor, but she can hold her own in a fight with no power issues. She soloed "Ring Wars" in great divide totally by accident while on a crafting quest at level 89.

I always thought healers druids were stand in the back and heal type of characters, but I'm finding that isn't always true. I have scouts and fighters I am working up, but don't like any of them, so far, as much as my druids.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

If a Warden nukes instead of melees - even with their mythical or ER buff - they run through power really quickly, as well. Often it's more power than you can replace healing - and that's a lot. No one remembers this about Wardens because they've been melee for so long.

It's how druids are set up, and how they've been since launch. They don't use much power healing, but once they start nuking, they guzzle it. If you DO just stand back and heal - on either druid class - you usually have plenty of power....but that's no fun :)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a lot of ways you can help your power consumption during fights.

(1) Do the quest for the Manastone, and click it every time it comes up. It doesn't give you much power at a time, but if you start with it early you don't have as much to make up later.

(2) Carry Essences of Clarity. They come in varying levels, so buy whichever is (a) your level or highest and (b) cheapest. (Or, if you are an alchemist, make your own!)

(3) Carry the tinkered Overclocked Manastones. They refill a huge amount of power.

(4) Find your City Merchant and purchase a Signet of Replenishment and a Signet of Greater Replenishment. These are one shot only, but can be a life saver.