Easiest 110 dungeon to start with?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by EQ_Jack, Dec 2, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

im confused how dungeons work in chaos descending they are all heroic it seems and mobs hit so hard they literallly 1 shot a newer tank.

IF I wanted to put some pugs together to gear up, what is the easiest dungeon to start with?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are solos and heroics. The Journal shows the QUESTS for the solo zones as heroic, which is confusing as all get-out. With Heroics, you need to worry about how much Resolve you have, Solos don't have Resolve requirements.

All of the solos are fairly easy. The only ones that are really annoying are Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie and Eryslai: Trials of Air. If you are having problems with Solo zones, look at your gear. How much potency do you have (if it's under 65K, you may want to work on it with infusers and adorns).

CD Instances come in Tier 1, Tier 2, and Event flavors. There are also Expert versions of the Heroics, which were used for the Ethereals this summer and which reward the nicest gear, but require high resolve and are harder. For the most part, I don't know which are T1 vs. T2 when I can't look at the weekly missions. I have marked the ones I know below. The Event instances have fewer named monsters and can be faster to run, but sometimes those names are harder than the T1 stuff.

Solo Instances
    • Awuidor: Marr's Ascent [Solo]
    • Awuidor: The Nebulous Deep [Solo]
    • Awuidor: The Veiled Precipice [Solo] -- event
    • Doomfire: Elements of Rage [Solo]
    • Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Solo]
    • Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro [Solo] -- event
    • Eryslai: The Bixel Hive [Solo] -- T1
    • Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie [Solo] -- T2
    • Eryslai: Trials of Air [Solo] -- event
    • Vegarlson: Council's Stronghold [Solo]
    • Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe [Solo]
    • Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift [Solo] -- event

Heroic Instances
    • Awuidor: Marr's Ascent [Heroic]
    • Awuidor: The Nebulous Deep [Heroic]
    • Awuidor: The Veiled Precipice [Heroic] -- event
    • Doomfire: Elements of Rage [Heroic]
    • Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Heroic]
    • Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro [Heroic] -- event
    • Eryslai: The Bixel Hive [Heroic] -- T1
    • Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie [Heroic] -- T2
    • Eryslai: Trials of Air [Heroic] -- event
    • Vegarlson: Council's Stronghold [Heroic]
    • Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe [Heroic]
    • Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift [Heroic] -- event
    Cyrrena, EQ_Jack and Breanna like this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

If you look at the list of zones from a particular door / portal - you'll see what's available there.
    How they're named is a bit confusing.
    Zones that are listed as [Heroic] Solo - are 1 or 2 player zones. That means, you and 1 mercenary or you and 1 partner and no mercenaries.

Zones that are listed plainly as [Heroic] are 6 man group instances. The same holds true with [Event Heroic] zones.

If you're starting in on straight heroic 6 man zones, here's a list based on resolve. The lower the resolve requirement, the "easier" the zone is. But, I'll tell ya - Doomfire - Enkindled is a good starting point for ya. Make sure you've got your eyes dotted and your tee's crossed. Or is it eyes crossed and your tee's dotted.

Tier 1 - Resolve 1060
    Eryslai: The Bixel Hive [Heroic]
    Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe [Heroic]
    Doomfire: The Enkindled Towers [Heroic]
    Doomfire: Vengeance of Ro [Event Heroic]
    Awuidor: The Nebulous Deep [Heroic]
    Awuidor: The Veiled Precipice [Event Heroic]

Tier 2 - Resolve 1334
    Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie [Heroic]
    Eryslai: Trials of Air [Event Heroic]
    Vegarlson: Council's Stronghold [Heroic]
    Vegarlson: The Terrene Rift [Event Heroic]
    Doomfire: Elements of Rage [Heroic]
    Awuidor: Marr's Ascent [Heroic]

hope that helps!
    Cyrrena, EQ_Jack, MinnieMouse and 3 others like this.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

It is "eyes crossed and your tee's dotted." :)

To add to Zedd's well-written response: While I love the fire zones, I personally find the water zones easiest when pulling new players through. The water columns can be a pain for those on slow PCs.

An added note: The mobs in the CD Heroic zones have a buff on them which makes pulling the whole zone--or large groups--fairly detrimental to your health. I think the one in Earth zones is called Earthly Presence. I often use it as an example when running new players through.

• First time in zones, click on a trash mob and inspect their buffs. Do the same on bosses. This will also give you their resolve level.
    Cyrrena, EQ_Jack and Raff like this.
  5. EQ_Jack Active Member

Thanks this is helpful.

As a wish list to dev's I do wish there was some-thing between solo and heroics or maybe something beyond dou, like small groups like a well equipped 3 or 4 man based dungeons. I suspect if mentoring or chrono-ing down was implemented correctly I'd have that. but as it is implemented now, you chrono down and its god mode, with little to none challenge and little to no rewards.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a step-up, into Heroics from Solo. Perhaps an easier T1 zone. I'd still like it to require 6 players. If all the raiders don't want to do it, so be it, but there are SO many players that struggle when they return. A step up would help them immensely.
    ConcealFate and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They wont, its been asked for for a while now and it falls on deaf ears.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The step from Solo to Heroic was too darn steep in Chaos Descending. Normally by the time you have some solo gear or a set of mastercrafted gear, you should be able to start heroics. CD had way too little potency on the gear, so it makes the step into heroics way too difficult.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

If you are new tank then start with getting all of your gear to at least mastercrafted, get your class abilities to expert levels so that means farming rares from harvest nodes and have them crafted if you cannot buy them outright if you do not have enough coin.

Meeting resolve requirements are a must in CD so you will see your effectiveness improve as soon as you meet the check for a given zone. As others have listed, your starting point will tier 1 heroics. Farm them to get gear and then move to tier 2 when you meet resolve checks and so on.

So in summary, gear up starting from mastercrafted and then tier 1 heroics and you will see yourself improve with resolve + potency increase.

That said, the next expansion is going live in a few weeks time so i doubt you will see people to get a group going these days and since there is an increase in level cap coming, your hard work on getting items made at this point will be a waste of your time unless you really want to and learn from experience.

If you are still around and getting the new expansion, the exact same order will apply so harvest rares as you level up to 120 for armor, class abilities and weapon/shield, the rank order will be solo zone gear > mastercrafted > heroic and so on.