Earring of the Solstice

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Tkia, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

So, did anybody notice exactly when the Solstice earring got a 50% nerf on crafting abilities? I noticed it mentioned in Homeshow and logged in a few characters to check. The crafting & harvesting bonuses have always been 20 and 25 respectively and now they are both down to 12. And it's not a display bug with the new window as my harvesting maximum is down by the corresponding 13 points.

I'm guessing it went in with GU 106 but I haven't been out harvesting in the last couple of weeks so haven't checked the numbers.since then to be sure.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ouch
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Good to know I'm going to have to check that out on all my guys.
  4. Seni Active Member

They made the harvesting-helper mounts purchased from Far Seas no-trade instead of heirloom.
    They took away the ability for a tradeskiller of the appropriate level to use the veteran elemental mount.
    Now they've halved the benefits of a tradeskill EPIC reward that we earned and used for years.
    All without saying anything, even in response to multiple questions asked about at least the first 2.

What the hell is going on?

Edited to add:
    They also made the Gardener's backpack no-trade instead of heirloom and made the craft charm kept in your bag no longer count for the stat it always has.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Sounds like they really want to get rid of tradeskilling (and tradeskillers)....
    Tkia, Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I only noticed the earring change because of this post. Thank you and off I go to /bug this. I hope this isn't intended and encourage others to also /bug this.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Ugh, I actually saw it Wednesday night on test but the character I was on was mentored so I thought it was just because of the mentoring.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I can still use my elemental disc of flame on my level 100 crafter/77 necro. Is it a specific one you can't use? (the other 3 I know I claimed different ones on are over 100 adventure atm so I don't know if other discs are affected)
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Is there a reason they're purposely driving away paying customers? I've seriously had all this. I'm going to guess the Tinkerers Belt still doesn't have its tink stats back either.

I logged in to forums to see if I'd bother logging back into game. That's a big fat no from me.
    Tkia and Rhodris like this.
  10. Aranie Member

I don't understand this. Why change this item after all these years? It took a lot of time to get this back in the day. And of course not a word about it, they just change it on the sly. Please reconsider this change, it was fine the way it was, no need to "fix" it.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I created an issue for it: EQII-1106: Earring of the Solstice stats halved

Please. go upvote the heck out of it!

[IMG]

I'm personally not willing to trade 50% of the crafting/harvesting bonuses for tiny resistances, haste, and ability mod. Oh, and they reduced potency from 3.9% to 3.1. As far as I am concerned, all the combat stats can be removed entirely, just put the tradeskill-related stats back to the way they were.
    Blazen, Quillyne, Xianthia and 4 others like this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

They've played with the blue stats multiple times - just look around and see how many variations of screenshots you can see out there. But I'm baffled as to why since blue stats on that piece are a total waste of time. They don't help me when I'm crafting and as I'm usually harvesting in deeply red zones they don't help me there either. If I'm spotted it's turn and run or one-shotted! No blue stat in the game is going to help either.

The original blue stats were the 2 regens and the falling damage reduction. It was perfectly fine with those.and when they've messed with it in the past they never messed with the green stats so I ignored it. But this is ridiculous. Halving the crafting stats on the crafting epic rewarded from a crafting quest line to help crafters craft and harvest... it just beggars belief really.

Why are they so determined to drive crafters from the game or turn them into adventurers?
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

Hey it looks like they took the speed off of it too. I used to use that in zones where the mounts didn't work.
  14. Mysstie Well-Known Member

The speed buff is still on it, same as before. The effect just isn't expanded out in the screenshot.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

AHH ok, I haven't had the time to check mine yet. :)
  16. semisus Does not play this game

Give us the harvesting stats back
  17. Descord Member

I am furious about this . This really needs to be changed back.
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  18. elflover Well-Known Member

Well its not the only crafting item to change. Shroud of hidden harvests no longer says This cloak will hide the wearer and their mount from Vyskudra's vision. Mark of the Far Seas has changed to only 100 stamina instead of 100 primary stats and 100 stamina. Gi of the Ashen Artisan has 5 mount speed added to it. Cloak of the Harvester has had 2 mount speed added to it and the casting time of Determination of the Harvester is now 1 second from 2 seconds. Armlet of Ethernere has changed the casting time of Ethernere aura from .5 seconds to .25 and spell reuse to 1 second from 2. Not all the changes are bad some added mount speed and reduced casting or reuse time, but some not so nice. Dont have a prayer shawl to compare or know any other crafting gear i can think of to check atm.
  19. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Because the dev who actually understood tradeskilling has gone, and tradeskilling has been handed over to the one dev who really doesn't understand it, care about it, or care to understand it - the RAID dev.
    Quillyne, Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I noticed that the casting and reuse times on items are affected by your Casting Speed and Reuse stats. Well, at least the times on my Cloak of the Harvester changed based on the other gear I had equipped.