Not A Bug Earring of Solstice buff dropping and other odd behavior

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chikkin, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Earring of Solstice buff - once put on, it should stay on for 24 hours as the tooltip says. However it seems to be dropping upon zoning. It has to be applied again every time I zone.

What's interesting, it poofs from Spell Effect window, it takes away increases to skills, run speed (tested on foot of course, not mounted), but it still shows in Maintained Spells window with timer still going.
    What is odd though, when I apply the buff again it creates another spell icon in Maintained Spells with a new timer, while I still have the old one on. At one point while testing I had 4 of those icons with 4 different timers.

No idea what to make of it. It seems as if the clicky buff is not persisting thru zoning, and it should.

This is tested on Chikken, on Antonia Bayle, lvl 125 crafter, 120 adventurer, unmentored, dismounted, earring equipped the whole time, no adorns on it, not experimented on, I visited different zones, outdoor, indoor, housing, guild hall. The buff drops every time.
    Daryx, Bisquette, Carynn and 6 others like this.
  2. Swiftwood New Member

The same thing is happening to me too. Thank you Chikkin. Really annoying.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

Do you have an adornment in your earring?
  4. Swiftwood New Member

No. Just like Chikkin. However, I went adventuring later on and didn't use my earring the entire time. Came back to my guild hall, and suprisingly, my earring buff was intact. Go figure. I will have to see if that stays that way now, or not.
    I did have an adornment on another character on the same account though. took that off before I went adventuring. not sure if that is what made the difference or not.
    I will have to check tomorrow if that persists through my other characters on this account or not.
    This problem did exist, however, before I had any adornment on any character for the earring on this account.
  5. Swiftwood New Member

Ok update. Strangely enough, when I zone with the Earring of Solstice on, the buff drops. But when I zone with Earring in my inventory and not on, the buff stays through the zoning and doesn't drop.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I thought this might be the issue as well. I'm not having this problem on any character. I put on the buff and it stays on.

I'm wondering if it's zone specific issue? Like VoV it doesn't drop, but maybe going to Commonlands (as an example) makes it drop. My buff isn't dropping anywhere I go. I've not done any Erollisi Day event things yet (which is mostly why I used CL in my example).
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the reason I asked - I just started reusing the earring myself and haven't had the issue since I took my crafting nail out of it.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It happened today for a character about to run the TS weekly. Character is wearing earring and not swapping. No adorn on earring. Buff earring. Use Renfry's Basement Bauble, as soon as I zoned in she didn't have the buff on. Re-buffed while in basement, picked up quests (both daily and weekly). Zoned out and buff stayed on. Character is a level 15 adventurer, 125 crafter (in case it has to do with levels/zones etc).

I logged in a different character which still had the earring of the solstice buff (18hours some minutes left on it). She zoned into Renfry's fine and zoned out fine, both places the buff remained.
    Taled likes this.
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

I've started having this issue sporadically with Earring of the Solstice and Fishbone Earring on some characters but not others. I have no adorns on either one. I haven't noticed any pattern, either. I've noticed it happening in the Chronoweave and the instances inside it (fabled ones), as well as going into Renfry's Basement (from the door, not the bauble).
    Twyla likes this.