Fixed Internally Earring of Peculiar Allies - Reforge Issue

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Perciful, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Perciful Active Member

Any reforge placed on the Earring of Peculiar Allies does not stay after zoning or camping to character select. Cannot keep any reforge on that item.
  2. Perciful Active Member

No response to this. I just applied a reforge to my earring of peculiar allies and it is still being removed when I zone or camp to character select. I have checked characters on EQU and it appears that they are retaining reforge on this item. For some reason the item is bugged for me. If I cannabalize the item, do I get the 100 peculiar medallions back as well as the shards of peculiar allies? I am thinking that if I cannabalize the item and buy another it may correct the problem?
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) You started complaining on Sunday. No one is working on Sunday.

(2) Even if someone was working on a Sunday, the patch wouldn't go in until the next time your server is patched, usually a Tuesday, unless you're on Test.

(3) Give as many details as possible about exactly what happens and when, step by step. They can't fix a problem until they can reproduce the problem.

(4) This is the same issue as reported for the Ethereal wrist. Dreamweaver probably needs to consolidate the threads.
    Nazy and Breanna like this.
  4. Azilarir New Member

Hello all, was sent to this thread by my GM in a support ticket.

Details from my ticket:

After GM replied asking me to try a few things:

Nothing else I can do on my end. Cheers!
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i know a couple of folks on HOF were having some issues with their reforging sticking too, as in they'd reforge the peculiar pieces, zone, and the reforging would be gone. you aren't alone.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but light on details, does the actual reforge fall off or does the reforged-into stat just not get added to your character stats?
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Because it's a bug and therefore a dev problem. He did do us the favor of walking through all the possible things that might be affecting it, effectively ruling them out, which is a start.
  8. Azilarir New Member

Check my post -- the reforge actually falls off (and whatever stat I forged out of or into are also restored). I can reforge it over and over and over to the same effect. I posted the text that appears in the game chat window where it says the item was restored.

Hopefully this gains some traction with the development team.
    Bludd likes this.
  9. Perciful Active Member

Following the rules for bug report, relevant information as follows:
    • Provide as much detail as possible: Any reforge placed on the Earring of Peculiar Allies (which is one of the ethereal items purchased with peculiar medallions from the Summer merchant in Wracklands) does not persist after zoning or camping to character select. The item is effectively reset to having no reforge after zoning or camping. This anomaly seems to be isolated to some unknown condition as other characters do not experience the bug and some like me do experience it. Others have reported the same bug on a different ethereal item.
    • Steps to reproduce the bug: I have spent plat to reset the reforge and re-apply the reforge multiple times, however the item continues to be reset to having no reforge every time I zone or camp and come back in game. I had an idea that if I would examine the item and cannabalize it in order to get a new item and in the process it might correct the condition, however my second question in this forum was not answered... therefore I am not going to risk losing 100 peculiar coins without knowing what happens if I cannabalize the item.
      • Server Name: Halls of Fate.
      • Character Name: Tesla.
      • Zone: All Zones
      • Frequency: every time I Zone to another Location or camp to character select and log back in
      • Time of Occurrence: anytime & any day.
      • Are you using a custom ui: No
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

i was referring to the other thread about the wrist but i see you say it actually loses is reforge

i have 3 ethereal items cloak earring and wrist and they do not do this
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have the earring and waist. The waist retains its reforging just fine, but the earring loses its reforging the instant I zone or camp. Since the values I am shifting on the ear are pretty small, I just roll my eyes and leave it unreforged for now, but the behavior is wrong and should be fixed.
  12. Ganador Active Member

I am having the same issue on the the wrist as above.
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

LIKE the OP's post if you are having the same issue...
  14. Perciful Active Member

My Earring of Peculiar Allies is taking reforges now. Not sure if it was a dev fix or if I inadvertently did something, but all good now