Dynamist on the List quest, but no one there will sell me anything

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Geroblue, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I gotta couple of questions.

1) Is there an easier way to get to that other Island, besides swimming there ?

2) I got the Al'Akbor ring and my character is wearing it. Three shinies, all needed. Fusible Ore Samples. Where exactly is Teren's Grasp Spire ? Just the part where these prelude quests take place, or more of that area ? Down in the snow area below ? I did find one shinie down past the bottom of the stairs.

3) It would really help if I could use the banker in the prelude quests location. What is the RoK quest line ?

4) Due to all the climbing I had to do over there, is there a climbing skill ? or mountaineering skill ? Or a semi-flat area to go to ? I should have maxed out the climbing/mountaineering skill by now.

Thanks.

( I probably left a question or two out, hopefully I'll remember them later. )
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

3) I did a search on the eq2 fandom wiki for 'quest line list' and nothing that looks like RoK is there.

2) Plenty of mentions on the wiki for Teren's Grasp Spire, but no map.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Ragna Well-Known Member

Get a flying mount, if you're too low level in Adv and TS, well you'll have to swim.

Errr… Look up ? The Spires are hard to miss ;) 4 enormous (hundreds feets high) Spires, one on each corner of Teren's Grasp's. You'll laugh when you see them.

The Questline starts at Kylong docks (Dreg's Landing) https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Kylong_Plains_Timeline

No, there's no such skills in EQ2 (I guess "Safe Fall" could help if you have it)
    Doing the quests in Dreg's Landing will open the Sokokar posts for faster travel. (if you're a subscriber and choose the right "Fast Travel" option, you'll be ported right at Teren's Grasp.)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My flying mount, my character is 110/110, and it disappears when I get to the water. I wind up swimming.

Tried the 'flying mount boosts' but it took longer to get to the other island.

Bookmarked the quest page.

4) me being silly and hoping my headache went away, but it is tedious getting around over on that island.

If the Sokokar can hover, that would be great. Probably can't though.

I do fast travel to get off the island.

As for the Spires, if its the area where the quests are given, and the Ultherian(sp ?) portal, then I got it.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes when you select Kylong Plains on the Fast Travel Map and it opens the map of Kylong Plains for you to choose a location if you choose the Ulteran Spire at Teren's Grasp where all those Quest givers are you are at the right place. The shinies are all over that town. They are in the buildings, the are up the stairs where the forges are and there are more of those pylon things for the protection quest up there, there is another building up there, you can find more of the ore and metal fragment things up there as well. I have never gone down into the snow area where the druid ring is, so I do not know if the shinies are down that far.

And use the space bar to get your flying mount higher into the air so that it does not go into the water since once it hits the water you will begin swimming. You can use your mouse like a rudder and raise and lower its nose so that it will dive or raise to keep you level then when you want to go down just lower the nose with your mouse. Practice a bit, you will get the hang of it.
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I found one shiny near the steps down to the snow area, but it may have been near enough to count as a Spire area.
    Breanna and Faeonara like this.
  7. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have found more since, and made a turn in to the collector. Surpised the collector would talk to me.

Saved Linchpin sokocor, still no merchant will talk to me in the Grasp.

edit:

I have that bookmarked. But trying to take a break from gaming.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

You need 10k faction with Teren's Grasp.

http://eq2.zam.com/db/faction.html?eq2faction=273#Quests_Increasing
    Geroblue likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

10k... hmmm. I think I have 1200. Long haul.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

12. Faeonara Well-Known Member

I am not sure what merchant you need in Terens Grasp but since you have mentioned the collection and doing the prelude quests for the coins I wanted to let you know you do not need faction in Terens grasp to get the items from prelude merchant , His name is Nekhebu and his location is close by the spires at /way 2015,489,-863. Lots of nice house items and a few other bits and bobs you might like . hope you find this helpful .
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I found him. Mostly I wanted to be able to access my bank in Terns Grasp so I wouldn't have to travel to get crafting items I need for the various quests. Can't even get fuels from the fuel merchant.

I did do some quests down on the shore, world bell gate in, and got some Terens Grasp faction. Not enough though. I'll keep working at it.

Just have one 110/110 character. So that one will be for getting those items for houses. Probably no trade. I'll deal with it.
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Faeonara like this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Considering this is a temporary event, and not everyone is playing a toon that was around in 2007, you'd think a work around would have been built into the event. Special event merchants, etc, that didn't require doing a bunch of 65-70 quests to gain access to.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I got my faction with Grasp up to just under 7K. Still wont talk to me, so, I give up. This is taking too much of my spare time. I'll work on something else.

I have done all of the quests at the landing/world bell for Kylong Plains. Nothing left to do as far as I can tell.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Honestly Gero, if you have large backpacks, I would just look at the recipes, and stock a backpack with glowing coal and the mats and you will be good to go.

Create a dungeon and title in Prelude Items. Then when you purchase items from that merchant with your prelude coins, open your character sheet, click on the dungeons button, then click on the Prelude Items dungeon, click on edit, and it will teleport you into your dungeon, you can place the items you purchased into your dungeon, then click the dungeon edit button, it looks like the house edit button and click to leave and you appear right where you were when you entered the dungeon. This is the easiest thing for you to do.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

For those without faction with Teren's Grasp to buy fuels, I think the easiest would be to use the wizard portal right there in teren's and go to Moors, fuel merchant there works for everybody and is just over the wall from wizard spire
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Fascinating. I never thought to do that with a dungeon. Thanks !
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Although my character is 110/110, I tend to go to Frostfang Sea/New Hallas as I know my way around there.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If someone could post an explanation on how to use a dungeon as storage, I would be delighted.

A video would lose me very quickly. But I can follow along with text and a video. Youtube wont let me download anymore... sigh.

Anyway, I spent most of this afternoon moving all crafting/gathered/food/drink, etc. items from character's banks and backpacks on Maj'Dul to Shartara's two depots that handle those two types in her dojo.

I will check on Monday or Tuesday to make sure I did all of them. Gee I'm tired. Likely I did miss several items.

On the other two characters, which are on Skyfire, it all fit into their shared bank. Then I remembered to check Etairharn, think thats his name, and he had 2 depots in his Apartment in Gorowyn for fuels and crafting items.

Which brings up a question I have been pondering today.

To keep an Inn room, apartment, etc., active so thers can get inside.

Is it possible to set up an autopay for money the owner character has already deposited ?

If not, can a trustee spend that deposited coinage to keep it active/open ?

Or does the trustee have to deposit that character's monies and pay weekly to keep the rooms available ?

Thanks !

And thanks you nice folks for the depots ! I couldn't do this moving of items without them.