Dwarves of Kaladim: I want answers!

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Meirril, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meirril Well-Known Member

I don't do this often, but I'm going to put out a plea to the producer and devs of EQ2.

Kaladim was abandoned because some very solid evidence of the location of the Vault of Brell was brought to the King. A holy crusade emptied this great city. And for some 200 years...silence. All traces of this great expedition and even the rumors that first prompted them to abandon this holy city have disappeared.

The great story of EQ2 has been finished. It is long past time to answer what happened to the dwarves of Kaladim. Even if the only answer is that a great storm caused the fleet to sink without any survivors even finding the ghostly remains would be better than letting this omission continue.

This could be one of the greatest stories in EQ2. The dwarves could be holding back a menace made by Brell (or from beyond) and have been Norrath's saviors for 200 years. Or they could be the great menace that threatens to sweep across Norrath purging all the heretics and non believers. They could even be...happy and content. That can't be allowed on Norrath. We'd have to smite them for the outrage and blatant offense to the rest of the civilized world.

I'd rather see greatness, but at this point any answer is better than none. Even false answers, or at least a discovery of clues to where they went from an excavation in Kaladim. Maybe a high level instance/raid where we're asked to rescue a D.I.R.T.Y. expedition that has been trapped by a second wave of the Army of Brell after we cleared Kaladim the first time. (maybe even a separate instance where we clear Kaladim for the expedition the first time) While digging we piece together some clues as to where the dwarves went, or at least what clues they got even if they don't lead us to anything.
    oakmiser likes this.
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I would like to see this as well. what happened to the dwarves on their apparently exodus to the Vault. did they make it? was the Vault theirs to take, did they rebuild a massive city at it's front door?

did adventurers push back the Horde enough that someone can find out what's going on in Kaladim and maybe we could have a big major event to make a 'alternate' version of Kaladim that's a player city?

I wouldn't mind the same for Felwithe(new Tunaria) to see what Firiona has done since apparently assuming the mantle of Queen from Lenya. has she pushed Mayong from New Tunaria? are they at an unsteady 'peace' both being entrenched? would it be possbile that FV might reopen New Tunaria to outsiders?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.