DUO with questions

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Karaoke, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Karaoke Member

Always wanted to give EQ2 a run but we never did (EQ...forever..then jumped to wow).

With bonus xp (missed two days but better late then never) we figured we would give it a shot. We had some questions.

What is a good duo with a healer/caster? Not looking to tank (don't know the game and don't want to be point). I am open to melee but only if the class is also good at solo play.

What healer has the most dps (top 2) and which caster has the easiest rotation?

How important is ports? Thinking of playing necro so we can have a healer/pet tank/dps but not sure if a mage would be better?

How is the server...when does Kunark release and lastly any late night eastern guilds raiding/recruiting on the server? Want to find a guild that starts at 9pm eastern or later. Willing to adjust classes within reason to find the right fit for a guild but not if it makes it a nightmare to duo/solo outside of raids.

Thanks!
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Necro + Fury

Fury, Necro

Ports are helpful, Fury has Druid rings. But there are also kind folks that cast ports all day in NQ and on SS docks.

Server is doing surprisingly well. About 20 + guilds actively raiding. A decent variety of leveling groups. The pandemic has definitely increased player metrics.
  3. Karaoke Member

How would Illy and necro do? Might not be keen on healing in this game as others (at raids). Also could someone break down a Fury's role in a raid for healing. Do they focus on their group or need to spot heal the tanks a lot?
  4. Kaitona New Member

I've been a long-time duo player who has recently given the trio thing a go. I've been quite successful with the Monk and Fury combo - the Monk has a lot of utility that benefits the Fury. If you get in a jam, you can use tsunami, mend or group FD plus the Monk holds aggro without any trouble with a Fury doing bursts of high damage and heals over time. I recently added a wizard to the duo which has made it possible to take down the majority of heroic group content at my level.
  5. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Illy healer is great! I enjoy it, but if you want to enjoy the absolute best duo possible?
    SK/Defiler, Pally/Inq. Monk/Fury, Zerk/warden. I know you said no tank, but this will get you the best results with the highest possible mobs to kill with just two people. Everything else limits you as far as how much aggro/damage you can take.
    Necro fury is good. Illy/Inquisitor is great, no power issues and verdict at 12% on most named? Yep, that's a win.
    Anything conjie or Necro is good because the pets hold the aggro.
    My suggestion would be to play anything that strikes you because even the worst combo can be great if played well.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

Illy + Necro will do fine, so long as you go slow. I duo'd that combo with my sister and we had no real problems, as the necro can heal self and heal other with AA Transference, and the illy can mez so you have time to recast pets and wait for cooldowns.