Duo with a Dirge

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Rykairn, May 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Rykairn Guest

I need some advice here--
    So I've decided to roll a dirge and pair him with another toon, then go xp/quest lock and have fun. I'll mostly run solo quest lines, but may wish to attempt some names in dungeons. Here's what I have available to pair with him: fury, SK, ranger, or illy. Which one would you suspect to be the best partner for a dirge and why?? Or is there another class I should consider starting with him? I'm looking for efficiency in killing (read: quickly takes something down and can move from target to target with little down time) as well as ability to take on rougher stuff to some degree, when necessary.
    Thanks for your input--
  2. ARCHIVED-peepshow Guest

Rykairn wrote:
    From what you have there I would chose SK for sure, they do great dps, self heals and can take lots of beatings..
    But if you where to think of another class, you should also consider Bruiser, awesome class that really chines with Dirge buffs on :)
  3. ARCHIVED-sokil Guest

Scipius@Splitpaw wrote:
    /agree
  4. ARCHIVED-LordNoslen Guest

Ive been running a Dirge/Fury and love it, Ive done 1-80 with both toons and have done over 1k quests with both, thats my main duo, I do have a 3rd box with a SK if I want to do something harder or need a tank but mainly duo the dirge/fury..
  5. ARCHIVED-PurrceyPurespirit007 Guest

I have run a Dirge/Fury combo since RoK and it has been by far the best set up. I have found no solo/heroic content that I couldnt do. With a little thought I even take our Yellow con Heroic triple ups. With dirge evac and fury druid rings and cheetah it is a hugely versitle combo. Have a DPS/Def spec on both toons that allows for any situation.
    Typical set up in Dirge in DPS mode with few def buffs and Fury is full DPS/spell crit mode. Dont under estimate the power of a Fury with good spell crit gear and AAs. Also a dirge with self hate and a shield cant tank multiple mobs and hold aggro pretty easy.
    Good Luck,
  6. ARCHIVED-Rykairn Guest

Thanks for the feedback all-
    I did decide to go with the Fury/Dirge combo- my fury is level 78 and mentored down.. well, it's just a slaughter to anything that gets near him, heroic or not. Really good suggestion and I'm having a blast testing the limits of the pair already.
  7. ARCHIVED-MzMonday Guest

Characters that mentor over 5 levels below their actual level are generally overpowered when compared to a character of the same level, class, and AAs set-up. I did this with mentoring a 10th level shadowknight on my 80th level defiler and, due to the damage shield that comes with warding, it was a breeze. It's nice if you want to level extremely fast and re-visit old content, but you may miss out on some quests/content (due to outleveling it) unless you intend to turn your combat experience gain off.

Best of luck

PS: Dirges boost melee dps like crazy, so duo them with any scout or fighter, or even a priest if you want the dirge to do the tanking. They are very versatile.
  8. ARCHIVED-Liandri Guest

My friend is a Paladin and I'm a Dirge (duh). We have had little to no trouble questing and killing. It's a pretty nice duo if you ask me!
  9. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Dirge trailer for Melee chars.
    Troubadour trailer for spell chars.
    There is just no beating 12+ buffs, even if they do no DPS.
  10. ARCHIVED-Killque Guest

I honestly think the Dirge Troub combo cannot be beat. Utility to the max. Complementing buffs the works.
    In pvp other than a healer I love having a good troub as a partner )
  11. ARCHIVED-shockofimpact Guest

You say dirge for a SK but don't SKs do most of their damage as spells, not really physical melee? If so, wouldn't a Troub be a better choice?