Duo questions and advice please Fallen Gate

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Karaoke, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Karaoke Member

Never got into EQ2. Huge into EQ1 and was at EQ2 launch but never got past level 30. With that said I have NO idea what a good combo is, especially since you can play as any class/race.

So with that. My wife and I want to give this game a legit shot. We would like to be viable in groups (wanted so don't have to wait forever to get group invites) and be able to Duo well when not in a group. Also a third, be useful in raids. We are both open to any class except tanks/pullers. Neither of us know this game and I don't want to be responsible for having to pull fast in a group because everyone else has done these dungeons 100times. Rather just follow the group, learn, and dps/or heal.

I heard pet classes are strong..but are they wanted in groups/raids?

Some days I have the whole day off and others I only get a small window before I have to go to bed so we need this duo to be viable in both circumstances. We have been playing MMO's for awhile so the difficulty of the class doesn't really deter us.

Few other questions. Is this TLE forum just for Fallen Gate or are their other TLE's? Just curious if the information I read is FG specific or might be getting info that only applies to another Time locked I dont know about.

Any must buys at startup that help the leveling/group experience?

How far out is the expansion that brought mercs to the game (where everyone says grouping was ruined). Just curious if we have awhile to play before the grouping mentality disappears.

Are all raids instanced? In the next few months we would be looking to raid but just curious if there are guilds with a lot of raid times that aren't just prim time east or west coast times.

Are Krono worth buying to have some early cash/better gear? Or is dungeon stuff normally better?

Thanks! We really want to give this a go so trying to get some answers that would make it so we don't keep re-rolling classes at the start/losing motivation.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes they are strong for solo/duo, and most raids will allow for both a Conji and Necro as well as a Beastlord.

There is another TLE server, Stormhold (about 2 years old), it is on the Sentinels Fate expansion. It however has a very low population since Fallen Gate was announced.

There are group XP pots, solo XP pots, and Vitality pots to all increase XP gains. Group and Solo Pots can stack together. (up to 250% XP gains) + Vitality can give an additional 100%. To use those all the way to 50 will be about $100-120 per character depending how efficiently you play. Questing is not an efficient way to gain XP, to level quickly you will want to quest to ~10, then grind dungeons to 50.

Mercs on Fallen Gate shouldn't be available until Q1 of 2019. So you got lots of time before then.

Most of the raids are instanced, however there are several contested raid mobs in every expansion. It appears that there are a good variety of guilds with different play times/styles.

There is a fair amount of gear you can buy on the broker. However, I would only recommend to supplement your weaker slots with broker bought items. Most of your good gear is not hard to farm in dungeons yourself.

IMO, a solid duo that does not include a tank, would be a Necro + Fury.
    -2 battle rez
    -Feign Death
    -Druid portals = fast travel
    -Solid damage, and Necro tank pet with a healer will make easy work of harder stuff.

To be honest though, any class paired with a healer will duo just fine. Some just will kill a little slower than others.
    Atan likes this.