Duo partner?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Aduro, Oct 9, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Aduro Guest

Friend of mine and I are going to be starting up today. She is interested in playing a Necromancer, and in all likelihood we will be duoing a lot.
    I was just wondering what classes you guys typically prefer to duo with? In my search, I saw some people mention Warlock & Fury.
    Any recomendations or input would really be appreciated!
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Pretty much any class will do, but I'm a strong believer in the Summoner duo, be it 2 Conjurors, 2 Necros, or a Conjuror and a Necro.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kassabba Guest

2 Conjurors make a wicked duo, especially if you are used to fighting with one another and hit the spells just right. One tank pet and a scout or wiz pet and you have a good group of four.

I also have a lot of luck with my Mystic and a Wizzard, or Mystic and just about anything else. First trick is dont step on one anothers spells and use them to the best effect. The other trick in duoing is to always die in the same spot, makes life easier.
  4. ARCHIVED-Psyrus2 Guest

I duo with a Defiler a lot. He is a few levels higher than me, but we make an awsome team. My pet tanks, his wards rule, and he also has some pretty nice dots. We may not clean them up very fast, but we rarely have to run.
  5. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

I duo with my wife, she's a ShadowKnight. SK's seem to have alot of disease based attacks and debuffs that go well with the Necro.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tzenn_ Guest

Since Necros solo so well, I think you are pretty safe with any class. The important thing is to play a class that you feel you would enjoy playing.
  7. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

I think the best duo partner depends on what you want. If you want to get xp fast and be able to grind together quickly I would go with another summoner, preferably a conjuror. If you want just steady xp, but able to kill tough names and do quests together I would go with a healer class, preferably a fury (for added dps).
  8. ARCHIVED-Tzenn_ Guest

only prob with doing a conjurer (or any qeynos class) is that one of you will have a lot of running to do, and will probably want to betray.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

If you want to play together from day 1, I'd say go with another Necro, but if your necro is already L20+, then you could get away with a Qeynos based char.

Personally I'd recommend another summoner. The DPS and utility is really nice!
  10. ARCHIVED-hammong Guest

I have been duoing with a Fury since the early 20s and do not regret the situation at all. We could not take ^^^ Heroics without his healing - my Adept III tank pet gets the snot beat out of him, and my personal healing is definitely insufficient to keep him alive. Not to mention, the Fury/Warden class offers damage shields and good buffs for your pet.
    - Salsa, 41 Necromancer
  11. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

I had a trio with another necro and a conjurer last night and we were having a great time. We'd take on anything, especially fun was a group of three mobs when each one of us would sick our pet on a mob, then burn all 3 down with the dumbfire pets, AOE's, and other DD spells.
  12. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

My brother and I have duoing with the necro/conj duo since our high teens.
    It is very fun, tons of damage, nice being able to split groups of 4 and each take 2 mobs.
    If one of our pets has the agro, the other moves to DPS and vice versa.
    Two sets of stuns to help stun the mob to slow its DPS and conjurers get some very nice mitigation and damage shield buffs for our pets.
    But as others have said, we can pretty much duo with anyone, though I would stay away from tanks since they are the ones who will be tanking and you cant heal them very well.
    So any mage, any priest, any scout, and DPS tanks would be the best duo partner.
  13. ARCHIVED-SirFreakus Guest

I duoed with a 55 Monk friend last night in Silent City. I was a little dubious at first as to how well it would work, my heal is ok, but nothing compared to a healer. (763 at adept 3) We quickly found out that it worked very well. I used my Scout Pet, and used Stun whenever it refreshed... and heals when needed. Worked out great. We were duoing 57 ^^^'s back to back... get an add, just fear it away and root it... and save it for later. Had a blast and great xp in the hour or two we were there.
    At the start of the fight, I'd send it the pet, toss in the dumbfire pets, stun, heal, life tap, and finally toss a few DOT's about. Then start again with the heal and rinse and repeat.
    Message Edited by SirFreakus on 10-11-2005 10:08 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Nibblar Guest

I have two boxed the following, which should work well for duoing also.
    Warden / Necro
    Chanter / Necro
    Necro / Necro
    Inquis / Necro
    They all seem to work well, but I like the warden or chanter combo the best. Wardens have lots of extra utility that can help a pet or group out.
    I think a warlock or fury would work nice also, really cant go wrong on the second class, but I would stay away from a fighter if your gonna duo a lot.
  15. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

necro / rangr owns

I grp with a 52 ranger quite often and as my pet pulls the ranger can launch a wicked poison ranged attack the mob is typically dead before it gets to me or at worst my pet takes minor damage.