Duo on Kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Karaoke, May 23, 2019.

1. Karaoke Member

My wife and I are looking to duo together on Kaladim. MMO vet but never got past 30 on EQ2. Figured now is the best time so need some advice. Our intent is to raid in the future but until then we wanna be able to duo together (during the day while we are watching our 1 year old) and at night be able to get groups/raids decently without being shunned because we are playing a class no one wants.

So with that, what are some good DUO combos and why please. We would like to be able to dungeons/quest without it being horribly backbreaking.

Also what items off the DBG store make life much easier for leveling ect that is worth buying.

Thank you.
  2. Cviidar New Member

You really cant go wrong with a tank/healer combo for getting groups and raids. With a tank and healer you'll always have to foundation to any group. It really doesn't matter which tank or healer though some combinations will work better if its just the two of you from time to time. You'll find some raid leaders who will insist that only a guardian can tank a raid but with the exception of bruiser, I've been on full raids with every tank class as the main tank, not just spot duty when the script requires. Healers are always wanted. The bad news is, from my experience, raid tanks have the highest burn out rate due to the extra responsibility that they have.

One of the most common combinations that you'll see is shadow knight and inquisitor. Though as far as raids go, you'll see them more in the off tank group but they can main tank in a pinch as well.

If you want a couple classes that are both highly desired in groups and raids but have less demand than playing a tank, you could go with a bard / enchanter combo. Back when I raided, we always tried to have a dirge and a coercer in the main tank group and have a troubador and illusionist in the mage group.

The main thing is that you play classes that you enjoy. I used to know one couple that played a paladin / illusionist combo. She had a templar alt for emergencies but greatly preferred the illusionist. They could almost always find another healer than once they did they would have dps classes chomping at the bit to join them.
    Dude likes this.
  3. Karaoke Member

Thanks for the info:) After a discussion a bit we are really looking into fury/ necro or mage. Could someone explain the main differences from necro and mage in group/raid setting and how they pair with a fury (keep seeing that they pair well)
  4. tbmroark Member

Tanks are often needed for heroic content, so a tank/healer combo is fine for that. However, in the majority of cases, if you're intending to raid you should not expect that there will be open positions for tanks. Usually those are filled fast and don't often open, and if they do, it's common for those positions to be filled internally.

If you'd like a higher chance at getting in with raid guilds, you'll want to be looking at playing enchanters/shamans/bards or maybe a rogue.
  5. Karaoke Member

Sorry guys I should of added, we arent interested in tanking. Not a job we want at raids and not being experienced to this game as much as others, dont want to be leading any dungeon groups in directions I dont know the way. Also while having a raid spot is important I feel like we can earn the place in a raid no matter what class we play as people do come and go and spots become available. We are willing to wait for that chance and then just hold onto the spot by not leaving. We rather do that then make some weird combo that makes non-raid content harder just to get some instant raid spot in a class not many people play.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

If you're both looking to raid in the same guild, you could try something like illy/fury. You will probably want a healer for your duo, and summoner/sorcerer is not in high demand. If you want to tank anything end game, you pretty much have to start your own guild. Or prepare to play the long game and wait for people to quit.
  7. Somedude Active Member

Fury + some sort of mage.

Someone recommended Illy, and that would be a very marketable pair, but a little harder to duo with. A summoner would be the most capability duo, but maybe the least popularity for a raid pair.

Any mage would work though, I would rank them: Illy > Wiz > Warlock > Necro > Conj

Lastly, if you don't like casters, then consider a troubadour as another alternative to pair with a Fury
  8. Ripped New Member

I main a Conjy because I love to solo. I have grouped with a few other class's along the way. My advice is to roll either Conjy or Necro and a healer/port class like Warden/Fury though the better ranged dps healer would most likely be best. With ports and the rezzer with heals the pet can do most whatever you need done up and including boss's in CT and Permafrost if you have patience and learn your class. Max out your spell skills and keep your gear up to date and you should be able to duo almost all content befor raiding.
  9. Bella222 Active Member

I hate to tell you this but duoing doesn't work. I have been doing it but past 30 it is much too difficult because so many of the mobs needed for quests are heroic 3 arrow up mobs that will be impossible or horribly hard for you to kill. My sad experience.
  10. Zenji Well-Known Member

What class you playing? Because there is no heroic content pre 50 that can not be done in a duo, and very little heroic content that can not be done in a duo even at max level.

Maybe your "sad experience" is a player problem, and not a game problem. This is the easiest version of vanilla content this game has seen in any TLE server.
    Bekkr and Dude like this.
  11. Somedude Active Member

Only thing we're having trouble duoing with a warlock and fury are a few Icy Dig mobs. pretty much anything else has been fine. have to be more careful about adds with no tanking class at all, but not hard.

An actually summoner pair, not sure what would be challenging.
  12. Bekkr Well-Known Member

It sounds as though you maybe are using outleveled or poor quality gear and haven't upgraded your spells. Current content is quite easy, and as Zenji said, almost all of it is doable with a group size of 2 or more. The caveat would be if you were using subpar gear and apprentice level spells.
    Dude and Zenji like this.