Dungeon Maker question...

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Sinhika, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Is there something i need to know about using the "Flavor NPC" and "Decrease level/tier" items on mobs? I install them, and put down one dude to be my "warehouse manager" flavor NPC, and he's aggro and not reduced in level or tier at all if I go in in play mode (instead of edit mode). How do I make them work?

Also, will the "Flavor NPC" box apply to patrolling mobs? I want a security guard to patrol my building blocks and furniture warehouse, but I don't want him beating up visitors who are just there to choose wall designs and furniture.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Ratbill Well-Known Member

Crates in dungeons (like decrease X + increase X for 1 NPC) are bound to the nearest NPC. I call them crates, because they look like crates. this is measured from the placing point, patrols passing by shouldn't effect this. I usually place the crate against the NPC, so it touches the one it is used for. I have never tried to make a flavor NPC patrol (walk around). There is also a maximum of each specific crate you can place. As flavor NPCs (normally) do not cause agro, they can't have text. The text is only displayed when they have agro or are decreased to a certain amount of health (50% / 0%). I have used the flavor NPC crate on a multitude of dungeon mobs, and they all worked fine. I did not give the flavor NPC's any text or made them patrol.
    Try to make it a stationary (no patrol) flavor NPC without text and see if hat works. You can add text/patrol later and see if it stops being a flavor NPC. :)

And for people building dungeons:
    A crate for an entire room can be placed anywhere in a room. All mobs in the room get the change from the group crate....
    When a mob in the room has a 1 or 2 NPC crate nearby, it will use that instead of the group crate.
    f.e. A room has 20 mobs and 1 boss. If you place a group crate in the room to decrease level by 1, all mobs will get -1 lvl.
    If you place a single increase level +1 at the boss, the boss, the boss will get +1 lvl. The boss will not go to 0 because of -1 & +1.
    If you place a group crate for -1 level and a single crate for +1 level in a room with 1 mob, the mob will get +1 lvl.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.