Dungeon Maker Changes Coming Dec. 16

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loch Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that anyone could RUN the dungeons. You just needed the feature to CREATE them. So you didn't really even need to buy it to begin with.

But I do agree that they should refund purchases made to a point before this since there was no notice.
    Wirewhisker and Eslake like this.
  2. Arithi New Member

"Yeah I'm in the refund camp, too"
    I used the DM a little but to be honest if you are removing the usefulness for working on AA's, then taking out the cost you are removing a feature that players paid for: do to a difference of opinions. we should be refunded what we paid for this feature no where was there a "no return policy" or "we will take it away and cheat you your money" policy it makes me curious if the rumors are true that Sony is trying to drive people away so that can focus on other products. Either way as long as we are refunded the money that we use to buy the feature. thank you kindly.
    Wirewhisker, Juraiya and Eslake like this.
  3. Eslake New Member

And Thank You for insulting us, and giving a lot of people a reason to stop paying subs.

HYPOCRISY- By Example.
    Windstalker : "Dungeon Maker could be used to bypass adventuring and quickly gain experience without risk."

Heroic Character FAQ : https://www.everquest2.com/news/everquest2-heroic-characters-faq
    "you’ll be granted level 85 and your AA’s will be raised to 280"

If your concern were Honestly that people could level past content without working through it, you would also be removing the Heroic Character option.
    Are you Removing the Heroic Character Option?

Than please stop treating us as if we lack the mental faculties of a 2 year old.
  4. ZeroMonster Member

Yes like the others I purchased this feature so I could use the marks to buy the mount, consumables and other things, could I please get My SC back. And less than i'd guess 0.1% of the eq2 population wants to create "creative dungeons to show off their skills" I mean we cant change the floor plan or layout, only the things inside. Also whats wrong with players wanting to skip all the old content, theres no groups down there and its not fun if you've already played the content (at least for me) plus you're often the only one in the zone.

TLDR: SOE please don't do this, but if you do, refund the players who purchased it SC.
    Juraiya likes this.
  5. Cleaner Active Member

I do have one question do i need to spend my tokens now or will we still be able to spend them somewhere or exchange them for other types of tokens?
  6. Malarodos New Member

This is great news! Now it can be used as a creative outlet instead of an exploit. You really ought to refund it to the people who purchased in the last 30 days though.
  7. Table Lamp New Member

No I couldn't access it at all without the feature being purchased - yes I am all access, yes I have AoM expansion, which is why I'm heated about this post. Hasn't even been 14 hours since I spent the SC to buy the feature.
  8. Lucus Well-Known Member

*nobody ran them at release because no xp
    *they added xp so people would run them
    *9/10 Dungeons became grindfests
    *they nerfed DM for +95
    *they gonna nerf DM for -95 because profits first.
    *giving out DM for free despite people paying for it.
    *DM put on life support
    *only people with interest in stories will run them=dead DM for the most part.

It's likely a bug or they changed it at some point. when DM was released i was able to enter them without DM unlocked i jsut couldn't spend my DM marks.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Nefarious Member

I don't know if anybody else noticed this but in the first post she implicitly states that the new content is what they want players to focus on, and that they've adjusted the XP gain and rewards to be more attractive to players so that they'll play the content, yet the excuse for wanting to shut it down was that players were bypassing the content they've worked so hard to create, yet the rewards are negligible once you achieve level 89, so if you can purchase a character that is level 85 the whole point of this systematic shutdown is moot, as you can bypass all of that content anyways by using cash instead. This poor excuse for a cash grab is not only rife with hypocrisy but is a self defeating argument. Please issue me a refund. Thanks.
  10. Sylvain Member

Perhaps this is another way to tell us that SOE just wants to do console games from now on. I feel like I have just been kicked out of the front door for entering the house.

Lower the earned xp if you like (you already did that post lvl 95) and give us the DM props for housing items at least. Leave the marks, we earned them after all, and make them trade-able between characters. That way we can at least enjoy them.
  11. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

And thus the experiment with player-made content in EQ2 ends in exactly the same way it has in every single MMO that has ever tried it, ever. I totally called this the second they first announced the feature before AoD launch. I am sort of surprised they let it linger for so long, honestly.

As the owner of the most popular and successful mark farm dungeon on Permafrost, I have more dungeon marks then God, and as long as they remain valuable for purchasing ammo and consumables, I'll be set for life. However, since I originally built said mark farm to get myself enough marks to buy the spawners and such to build cool storyline-focused dungeons, which nobody ever played, I am not at all sad to see it go. The farm I meant to enable my dungeon-making became the most popular dungeon on the server, and I am pretty sure nobody has ever run any of the real dungeons I made using the spawners purchased via those farmed marks. Irony, thy name is Dungeon Maker.

Actually, giving everybody access to all the spawners and decoration sets by default would possibly have made dungeon maker more successful for its intended purpose back when it was first launched. Having to farm thousands of marks just to be able to build anything cool is a great way to make sure nobody ever builds anything cool. Plus, the total lack of support or further development for the system, which wasn't even able to handle the most basic forms of scripting or gating mechanisms (locked doors, linked encounters, switches, ect.) restricted a builder from creating anything that wasn't simply a linear farm dungeon, anyways.

So while I feel Dungeon Maker was doomed to fail from the beginning, since player-made content never works in MMOs, the lack of options for the creative builders to actually implement their visions ensured that the feature was gimped right off the blocks. Oh well, at least I'll never have to pay for repair kits for the rest of my days.
  12. Arithi New Member

so what I am gathering from are talk is:
    1; we want our money back
    2, what business is it of others if we want to DM
    3 if there going to take some they should take all
    4 we want our refund
    5 soe is trying to cause more people to leave the game
    6 refund
    Maybe instead of taking out content there should be server merges and encouragement to move to other servers that are less populated
    Does this mean level agnostic dungeons are being rid also?
    Wirewhisker and Juraiya like this.
  13. Wizen Heimer New Member

I use DM for my alts when I need a break from current content. Rolled a Warden while back got to lvl 18 and thought, time for Wailing Caves. Lets see if anyone else is in here, 2 other toons one was a lvl 95...really..i left.

Just want to say sorry in advance. I will be grouped with a lvl 32 warden in Runnyeye. Im very very sorry if Im in your way.
    Just want to say sorry in advance. I just parked a lvl 80 dirge and trouby in Seb. Im very very sorry if Im in your way.

Please dont send me nasty tells, its not my fault.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

The key thing here is experience still remains trivial to obtain, we'll just be butting heads again doing it. Yay.
  15. Llwellyn Active Member

You have to take into consideration that "Play Your Way" can only exist insofar as it doesn't affect other players. The DM issue is affecting the game in its entirety, and affecting the way they are designing and balancing content. Once this change is made, there is nothing stopping them from making additional tuning passes to AOM or any other content once they have the proper data to do so as well.

Some of the reactionary changes that were made in haste to AOM were done with the XP flow from DM accounted for. Once that is removed - they can be evaluated to see if they remain appropriate. They can consider our feedback that it was widely felt as the wrong approach without all of that pressure from unlimited DM XP being applied to all of the other game systems.

Some of the other changes recently, including some of the AOM content, do feel like they are restrictions on player choice, and I am hoping that they get evaluated based on our feedback and changes are made. This is not one of them. This affects everyone across the board in a number of ways, and cutting off that flow of XP will allow resources to be directed elsewhere where they are more needed - hopefully giving us all what we want more of - fun and playing our way.

Grinding unlimited XP in the same DM repeatedly is not "playing our way". You cannot seriously tell me you are sick of running old content too many times and that it is a horrible way to level... and then go park your **** in the same exact DM on seven alts in a row to grind out the quick XP to level to cap or top off your AA's on all of them. It's a cognitive dissonance of head-exploding proportion.

I'd personally like to see the bonus XP changes that were applied to missions and tradeskill writs applied retroactively across more of the adventure content - but only after they resolve this in a satisfactory way.
  16. Paddyo Member

Mentoring down and running Chelsith, Crypt of Agony, and Runneye: The gathering is still a viable option for solo grinding xp. Loot to vendor, too. Faster than doing the questline. About the same (Chelsith, at least) numbers wise as mentoring an actual 95 player and doing Skyshrine, but more xp in Skyshrine due to number of mobs and quick killing in a group. HKC is boss with skilled players over 95. All of these options are faster at leveling than anything AoM has to offer.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  17. Ohheck New Member

I would suggest totally removing DM from the game and refunding all station cash spent on it. A month from now when there is only one or two DMs in the game and only two or three players have visited them SOE will know this was a complete flop. Those that want to build are playing Landmark, not EQ2.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Hijinx Well-Known Member

A long overdue change. When you're done, please fix the crafting mess you've just introduced and balance will be restored.
    Mizgamer62 and Raff like this.
  19. Stylish Active Member

To the contrary, DM helped them design/balance content.
    AoM launched and people went where the xp was....DM.
    SOE noticed, nerfed DM xp and increased xp in contested/advanced solos/etc.

And just how exactly do you think leveling in DM to say....85 is affecting the way "they design and balance content" when you can literally push a button and gain lvl 85/280 AA?
    Juraiya likes this.
  20. Flatline Well-Known Member

So basically its not okay for me to use the content and the mechanics in place to get to the endgame as fast as possible, because thats cheating. (hence all the XP nerfts as of late)
    However it IS all okay for you to sell me that same Speed for $35 on the marketplace...

I see what you did there, and im not sure i like it...

(Not saying i think DM is great, thought the AA grind it sure did make easier)
    Griffon Lady and Wirewhisker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.