Dungeon Maker Changes Coming Dec. 16

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

I have never leveled in a DM dungeon, I am not interested in doing so for XP. I take my time going through the game, I seriously just wanted to be able to go though the ones that were story based and well put together and earn some marks at the same time. I realize that people don't seem to do that, but that was honestly my intention. I realize it would not be fun after running them tons of times, but I just wanted to explore different ones and get marks...not run them over and over. It just seemed like it might be fun to run a few of them every once in a while and get some marks while doing so.
    Roewane likes this.
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

Why not just take away the xp, but add shinies, or loot, or something. This change is just ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason for players to even enter one now.

And no, I never did run DM for xp, oddly enough I've got to 100 trying to find a crafting book. But I did do DM's for the mount and the armor bits for my lower level toons.
  3. Noctew Active Member

Good decision. This feature was never used the way originally intended. When the most highly voted dungeon on all servers is something like "999 dungeon marks" (Top dungeon on Valor for more than 2 years), something is seriously wrong.
  4. Enveritas New Member

I can see the logic behind removing the aspect, as it really was never intended to be used in the way it has been. However, I did pay SC for the ability to purchase things from the DM rewards. Had this not been part of the feature I (and probably many others) never would have paid SC to get this feature. Make the change if you must, but compensate those who paid SC for the aspects of the feature that is now being removed.
  5. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Overall, I agree with this change, however I have some concerns.

I do think that dungeon maker dungeons should have some form of reward. It's fine if you don't want them to award experience, but we should still be able to get something out of actually running them. Fluff items are perfectly fine in my opinion, but give us some unique incentive.

I feel slightly jipped that a paid for feature is now pretty much given up on (at least that is how I feel). Do you guys plan to support it in any way or will it just sit and collect dust?

I can understand it's use from a roleplay and decorator stand point, but to reach a broader audience there needs to be some sort of incentive.

Also, it does kind of interpret as talking out of both sides of your mouth with your argument about turning off XP when you guys sell level 85 toons....

I do hope to see some creative ideas around dungeon maker to help give it more use/purpose/fun.
    Roewane, ingenius, Naramsin and 5 others like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea it took me almost 4 years to get my first toon to level 81 but that's because I have my own way to play the game
    never understood people that buy a game only to get to the end as fast as possible and than go out buy another one
    But just because I like to poke my nose into everything trying everything out does not mean others should see it my way
    so if other people want to run to the top with closed eyes go ahead I hope you don't run into a wall head first.
    I think it should still be rewarding to go and visit player made dungeons
    I for one thing don't like to get killed by mobs for nothing
    as I understand it the dungeons will still be active you just don't get anything for getting creamed.
    you might as well turn them all into wax figure museums.
    that way people can look at them without being distracted by mobs that want their heads.
    Juraiya, Ihatenix and Eldann like this.
  7. Carni Active Member

Personally, I couldn't care less about the change. Any character of mine that isn't max level by now will most likely be deleted or ignored. What I would ask, quietly, and after taking a deep, careful breath is simply.......why now? Why do it after YEARS INSTEAD OF WITHIN A WEEK OF IT GOING LIVE SO NO ONE EVER EVER EVER GOT USED TO IT BEING THERE. I swear, it is almost like the people that run this game started playing like, a month ago. It never ever ever ever occurred to anyone in charge that DM's might be used like this?? Really? Seriously??
    avashi likes this.
  8. Greq New Member

I will miss the consumables, particularly the erase xp debt after I die. I will also miss the mount. Don't know what I will do with the marks now. Seems they ought to be worth something. I also am one who paid money and SC for the features and expansion.

Turn the marks into loyalty points, plat, or other forms of currency would be one way to compensate for the expenditure on the DM expansion.
  9. Ethini Well-Known Member

And am I going to get refunded the SC that I spent on the feature or some other compensation? I am FTP, so yes, I actually spent money to get the feature.
    Wirewhisker and Foretold like this.
  10. EvilDIE Member

REFUND please! I paid for the ability to use Dungeon Maker..
    Besides that, I do welcome the new change.. Never liked the idea of power leveling.. but Refund please.

Thanks!
  11. Jikii New Member

Thank you for ruining my favorite aspect of this game Sony.
  12. Golddigga New Member

What about that huge exploit that is Pay to Win the lv 85 heroic character?) Rather than nerfing a "feature" of the game, why not go back and create new content for the older levels so that those needing to level aren't doing the same grind over and over and over again, which is what caused folks to do the DM in the first place. Chronomages were great, and I like the old zones and all, but there isn't anything there I haven't done 100x before (exaggeration), so the desire to start a new toon, go back and do old things, or even help new players just isn't there because of the boredom.
    Leafa, Wirewhisker, EvilDIE and 3 others like this.
  13. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't mind turning it off at all, but I do mind having spent money on this feature very recently (within the past 2 months) upon returning to the game just to have that taken away. I do agree with a prior poster that some sort of reimbursement would be in order, pro-rated based on the length of time the person has actually owned this feature perhaps? As an all access member who also pays for stuff on the station, it would be nice to see this "take away" of a feature I paid for being given some other form of valuation. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Rhvaurek Member

This. I agree with the whole get rid of XP but not a fan of them getting rid of marks and stuff and them changing it to a free feature. This needs to be looked at
  15. Gourdon Well-Known Member

A solution to the problem would be to have xp and dungeon marks set to off by default and only allow guides and GMs to approve a dungeon to give rewards. Certainly, any dungeon that has won one of the design competitions should still be eligible to give rewards.
    Amybelle likes this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

if you take all the incentive out what reason will poeple have ot run the player made dungeons and how will that make those how create feel when their dungeons aren't used at all. keep the Dungeon marks at least there are other things you put in for dungeons use things like the consumables I.E. repair kits which come in handy for those of us who adventure.
    Tierisch likes this.
  17. Nocturnus Member

Constructive Question:

With the Dungeon Maker category in the store likely going away, i'm curious what will happen to some of the cool rewards that are there... like the Green Nightmare mount. I always wanted that thing, but never have touched the dungeon maker until very recently (And not to grind).

Will those neat rewards find a new home? Loyalty? Station Cash?
  18. Eldriod New Member

Take it away fine, but I paid for it and I will expect a refund. Or better option take out the xp but leave in the marks and add more cosmetic and loot rewards that can be bought with them.
    Sydnye, Wirewhisker, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  19. Sambril Well-Known Member

I always thought that DM was less than what it could have been, since there is no way for players to create quests in there, but I did use it to get marks for items in the mark store and only rarely to gain xp. Take away the xp if you must, but please leave the marks in place.
    Kuulei, Juraiya, Tierisch and 2 others like this.
  20. Lucus Well-Known Member

I could understand them removing DM experience by why dungeon marks and the items? this is the goblin games all over again.

furthermore people leveling in DM whether high level or low level is a symptom of a bigger problem, getting for low level to cap is not a cakewalk, many can get high levels then realize they have to grind 100 AA or so to progress and high levels hit the brick wall when expansion quests do not get them to cap, then they have to go back to favorite grind spot for a dull grind.

I enjoy top tier content and this change is merely hurting people with many high level toons just to help SOE's wallet, no dm store means you have you pay SC for forgiveness potions etc, no dm experience means more tempted buy and bypass most of the grind with a heroic character token.

high levels wanting to play an expansion, getting close to cap and doing not-this-expansion content for the upteenth time because they hate soe's custom built grind spot (which requires groups)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.