Dungeon Maker Changes Coming Dec. 16

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just want to make shure people that never went into player made dungeons understand YOU DONT GET PLAT in those dungeons
    all you get is xp aa and dungeon marks
    I don't understand that people have to control others how they play the game
    play it the way you want and don't expect that everybody thinks the same way .
    I don't like to just run through a game to get to the other end but that does not mean I will force others to take it slow and smell the roses .
    I adore who there is so much loving care taken to make this game so lively.
    I will not though force others to look at the beauty of the game if all they want is blood.

and again if the dungeons are to be only for display come the 16th , than please turn the mobs into plushies because people that want to look at decorations don't want to have to fight their way through possibly getting even killed
    I just cant imagine that to many people would go through that.
    Azari.Lite, Peace and Juraiya like this.
  2. Almee Well-Known Member

As usual, I am a day late and a dollar short playing EQ2. I bought all the new stuff, for my last two accounts, including the DM, but haven't had time to figure out how to use DM or find a dungeon. I am sad that I didn't get a chance to experience it due to players exploiting the system. It's a darn shame that a few players can ruin a feature for all the players--especially when players paid real money for the feature.

This decision takes the $60 I paid, for 4 DMs, and tosses it in the toilet. I think the least you all could do is allow us to put our dungeon creatures in our houses. I never learned how to make a dungeon, and obviously there is no point in learning now, so please give me something for the money I spent.

Lastly, this move is causing me a considerable amount of angst. I am worried, that if you can remove one feature I paid for, that you can remove other features if a bunch of players find exploits.

You state that you didn't want to spend time and resources on fixing the dungeons. Isn't that similar to a car dealer selling a defective car and then saying, "Too bad, your car has a serious defect but our company doesn't want to waste time fixing it as we want to put all our time and energy into next year's models.

You sold me, what you now claim is a defective product, so I can't use it the way it was advertised because you all screwed up. You could easily fix it by locking players out, for several days, after they've run through a dungeon.

SOE's biggest problem is that it doesn't listen to its testers and beta players. The problems with the DM feature should have been caught before it was offered for sale to the public. To my way of thinking, I was sold a defective product you all don't want to fix. You need to find a way to make it right to the player base that just got the short end of the stick.
  3. Strigon New Member

I think this is a very good story about it cheapening the game for players, but I would only buy that if SOE didn't sell heroic characters and AA tokens for real cash. This actually about removing DM because it cuts into the sales of those items. Nice try.
    Juraiya and Griff like this.
  4. Faelan Active Member

I am one of those who only recently purchased this feature during the cyber Monday sale. I do feel I am being ripped off.
    I paid real life money for this feature, which consists of a certain set of abilities and rewards for my characters in game. To have those removed after I paid for them is fraud.
    If this goes through, I will never spend another penny for SC again. I am sure I am not alone. This is not just a criminal and unethical decision, it is a poor financial one as well.
    Even if it doesn't go through, SOE has definitely hurt it's bottom line by damaging it's reputation and the level of trust of it's customer base. Every new feature will be tainted by this, as we will wonder if we will keep it after we purchase it.
    Azari.Lite and Peace like this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The problem is they listened too much. The original DM product was fine. Again, there was nothing to be nerfed until they allowed players to use their actual characters. That's what got us to this point.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's quite the absurd way of thinking. Educating yourself on the history of the product would be of great benefit before jumping to that kind of wild conclusion.
    Moonpanther and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Protheus New Member

So, this is page 14 of this and has anyone else noticed since page 1 not a single Dev has chimed in on any of this? I mean the only thing that makes me think they even looked for a second was the one guy a few pages back that noticed a post was deleted, but again that could have been the poster doing that. So, yeah...I think what we want at this point is being ignored and $ is all that matters given it has been that way for years since i played EQ1 back in the 90s, but still... dirty pool man..dirty pool.
  8. isest Active Member

So here are some questions I would like answered by soe

(1) What do we have for staff devs that work on the game, do we no longer have enough staff to fix DM and the keep the game going? Have we lost staff and devs to the newer titles. I am kind of concerned as I seen the same kind of thing go down right before they decided to sunset vanguard.
    (2) Why now, you say the health of the game. Would you care to share the numbers please?
    (3) Can we not leave the marks in for those that actually just run the zones to buy things, why do we need to take the marks out?
    (4) what happens to the marks we already have, will we still be able to cash them in after the 16th?
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

How are they really supposed to chime in with all the varied responses, when they still have a game to work on and other things to fix? This is where the Community Manager comes into play. Afista just confirmed what I already know from participating in these forums, they're at least watching the feedback. Again, feedback is what led us to this point. It wasn't some arbitrary decision in the initial design of the feature.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

one dev responded
    and they do listen.
    when they wanted to change the 500 SC per month in to a idem a month worth up to 2500 SC people went just as wild as they do about this issue.
    So there might be still hope those dungeons will stay in the game in a way most people can agree on
    there will always be those that are not happy but that cant be helped
  11. Veeman Active Member

Any why did they do this? Because you put out a bad product with one, ONE, sig quest line the didn't get anyone anywhere near 100. It is a long, tedious, boring (after the first time you run it) quest line on top of it all. Then you have the nerve to complain that players founding a way around it so now you are going to nerf DM? Fine. Then don't forget to nerf all the other ways we have found to get around your forced march to 100. You need to nerf all exp that would get gained by chronoing down to run places like KC and Chelsith and Castle Mistmore. Just exp to zero for all 96-100 toons (chrono or not) outside of Tranquil and Phantom Seas. Bad form.
    Livejazz and Griff like this.
  12. Jobua New Member

Can't they just reset dungeon marks? And remove xp from the system?
  13. Youdontgnome New Member

So what you're saying is that when I just bought this feature about 20 days ago I wasted my money. Well, I want my money back.
  14. Protheus New Member

Solve problems with a hammer my friend.. with a huge freakin hammer..
  15. SychoCharley New Member

LOLs I think its funny. I used DM for leveling and for AA. I think it was my 14.95 a month and no one elses. I think anyone saying they have never used DM's or had intentions of using DM's is no telling the truth everyone has used it for some xp. And to be honest I would rather run old content to level and xp. But as stated before this cause harsh feeling towards anyone PLing a alt running said zone because they are killing all the mob.

I think the more nerfs and removal of content and avenues for leling removed the lower the population will get.. And I will be extremely honest that if the population keeps declining the way it is that sony will loose even more players, because its hard to play a MMO with 2, 3, or even 10 players.. And I for one will NEVER NEVER NEVER spend $35 for a heroic character..

I hope SOE learns to leave well enough alone and learns how to bring more people back to the game, instead of the opposite.

I appreciate the great content they SOE has made for us this expansion, But I say leave me the HECK alone and let me play it the way I want.
  16. Naneeje Well-Known Member

DEVELOPERS!!! THIS IS THE POST YOU WERE WAITING FOR!!!!!
    ====================================================
    Flashy colors means pay attention!!!

I have over 100,000 dungeon marks. From power leveling alts. I take advantage of this system, but also spend 90% of my time in current content so I feel that what I have to say merits you to please listen.
    Problem:
    "You gain 113xp plus 236xp from bonuses."
    really? For current content?

"You gain 1,400xp plus 2,800xp from bonuses"
    This is pre Sky Shrine nerf.

Why grind current level at 113 per kill when SkyShrine offered 1,400 per kill.
    You are the reason we power level. You set xp levels in a very un-interpretable way. I don't get it.

I just hope that you realize why we did it. So you can Fix it!
    Perfect example.
    No pots, juts normal xp, completing the full AoM questline, plus some shiny collections. 95-97.5. That's it. Here is the funny thing.
    Current level dungeons require you to be 98? So now I have to Grind for 24 hours? Or explore a Dungeon maker for 10 minutes.
    See why we use SS? DM? SOS?
    Contested and Overland zones in current content need to offer some very good xp. All advanced solo's should be over 500k per kill. You want people in the current content, you have to give them a reason to be there.

POSITIVE BONUS STATEMENT! I have only one level 100. I have 9 to get from 95 to 100 and believe it or not, I have NOT used the DM system this time yet, because I know I will enjoy going through the AoM content with each of my two man teams again. I just haven't done it because I know it will be a super slow grind that I am not ready for.

If I Choose to get crap loot or no loot by going to a DM or SS, that's on you, that means what you are offering does not compare to that. So take DM's out of the game, Nerf xp in SS< but did you solve the problem?
    Let's hope so...
    Oh, and please delete all my dungeon maker tokens so I don't have to go through all the bags and destroy them all :)
    Solution and final comment:
    If we don't see a massive bump to solo XP in current content Tuesday when the DM Power level ability decrease goes live, then as a team, and just in my opinion only, not anyone else's... you failed. Believe it or not, you have never failed me yet. I have enjoyed every expansion, change and opportunity you have provided. Especially this one.

Sadee, Juraiya, Caranthir and 3 others like this.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You do not want them to try and remove something like currency from every player.
    Mizgamer62 and Llwellyn like this.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Livejazz, Nocturnus, Shmogre and 6 others like this.
  19. KerneRayvenstorm New Member

Well I rarely post here usually just read lol. But I have like 10 or so player made dungeons and this just boggled my mind. I enjoy creating and running PMD's now and then. I have to say that i do not agree with this decision. Naneeje is very right in his/her post. You can actually just nerf the XP awarded in Dungeon maker entirely and add new mechanics to make to the designing of the dungeon better. (for example option to link mobs so those classes with "target encounter" spells can use them. Also people are gonna power level one way or another its in the nature of most modern gamers nowadays. Rush rush rush is whats on their minds lol. But this will hurt the casual player who enjoys the creative abilities of other players who run these dungeons and like to spend the marks for unique and fun items. Also I dont really agree with the dungeon mark grinding XP grinding dungeons personally i feel they take away from those who actually put some heart and thought into their creations. Why can't there just be a cap for difficulty and xp gains and what not. That would solve the PMD grinding for fast and heavy XP and keep the original ideal intact... just my thoughts.
    Charlice, Juraiya and Pipsissiwa like this.
  20. Llwellyn Active Member

You missed his point - broad scale targeting and removal of objects from the database globally like this is bad. It can have a whole host of unintended consequences due to dependencies and other things. Either way you go about it, the change is going into place and they are being removed - but not forcefully and globally directly from every place they exist.

People constantly scream when small changes to things break other things in unexpected ways and things need to be hotfixed, especially if the content was on beta or test first and the break made it through to live. Tinkering with broad-scale item deletion in a live environment is begging to have to roll back your production database. Ask Trion how the Faeblight players feel about that right about now.

And... really, Deveryn... this is like the third or fourth time in 24 hours I've had to agree with you. The world is going to end or something. Nothing good can come of this! :D
    Mizgamer62 and Deveryn like this.
  21. roadrunner35353 New Member

why not just take away the experience and leave the rest.

if you are removing it because of players leveling up fast then you should also remove the ability to create heroic toons.
    Charlice, Cuelaen and Pipsissiwa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.