Dumbfires

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Magic Missiles, May 4, 2013.

1. Magic Missiles Active Member

Curious what people's experiencess are on the dumbfires now post patch.
    Which ones are worth putting back on the hotbars?
  2. Laiina Well-Known Member

Basically, they are ALL worth putting back on and in some cases making them a primary spell.
  3. Jofe Member

I have to admit that Im impressed with the way dumbfires turned out and I was very vocal against them. You still have to be careful of the mobs you place them on or you may lose all damage from them but the Reward vs Risk seems good in their current state.
  4. Magic Missiles Active Member

Welcome back my dear old friend NetherLord!
    Woot! :)
  5. Vordreth Member

I'm really liking this change as well. I run the Rot Flesh line in my solo spec, and find it quite pleasing to watch named simply melt under the siege of Rot Flesh, Undead Horde and Blighted Horde cast back to back, hehe.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

My necro is so very happy. I started playing her way way way way back when the game launched because I thought the dogs of the undead horde were freaking AWESOME! It made me sad to give them up over time, as it took away alot of the cool factor of the class. So glad to bring them back, even if they have to share with other undead lol.
  7. Bloodlich Member

I'm also loving the changes to the swarm pets and have had nothing but good things to say about them now. On a side note I never understood how we went from small undead dogs to larger undead dogs then to flaming pigs.
  8. Vordreth Member

Be thankful that we didn't get stuck with those flaming pigs permanently. Back when they changed the spell naming system, the dev in charge of it, Aerilik, wanted to make the pigs the permanent look of Blighted Horde. Thankfully, he changed it to what we have now after some concerns were voiced. :)
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

The flaming pigs were awesome too =P But the undead dogs were the first "That is SO cool" moment hehe.
  10. Vordreth Member

The dogs were the best, no doubt. Their nasty, rotten corpse look really had that necromancer vibe.
  11. Mohee Active Member

Coercer puppets don't make up for the dps loss of the pet procs. and the pet itself isn't even worth casting anymore (5-7k dps tops when its alive...) Not even close... Puppets average out to maybe 10k dps?

Conjy's and Necro's seem to have it pretty good from what I've seen.
  12. Geothe Active Member

Puppets alone aren't intended to for coercers, that's why this was included in the update:
    "Asylum and Brainshock have had their damage doubled"
  13. Mohee Active Member

Well even with Asylum and Brainshock doubled, my dps post update is far less than it was before. 200-300k now in a good group setup in raids, where as before it was 300-500k or more. :confused:
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Anyone remember when 30K was an awesome parse? :eek:
  15. Mohee Active Member

I remember when no one parsed. :eek:
  16. Bloodlich Member

Was that back when we had /pizza?
    Wanyen and The_Cheeseman like this.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

I remember thinking how awesome I was because I broke 3k on the parse =P That was just after DOF came out.
  18. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Yeah. What is sad is that an average parse today for an individual is close to 10 times the average parse for an entire raid (at least for guilds that weren't trouncing avatars regularly - guilds that were doing so most likely parsed substantially higher) in VP during RoK.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Asylum and Brainshock doubled damage is good. Though hostage is still my highest priority.
    I cast puppets as soon as the spell up. Just to get everything out of it :)

I noticed that my dps went up a little after gu66. I changed my cast order around a bit.
  20. Galvanic New Member

Puppets are not crit'ing 100% even though I have more than enough crit chance on mobs for the given zone. Is this as intended?