Dumbfire to Dots

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Aleste, Aug 31, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Aleste Guest

Is it just me or are dumbfire pets useless? I think a great solution would be to turn dumbfire pets into a damage over time spell with the same animations. Thoughts? and maybe some Dev incite.
  2. ARCHIVED-Aleste Guest

Wow I guess necro is a dead class... no pun intended. but seriously any input at all? or should i post on the eq2x forums in hopes of a reply.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mosha D'Khan Guest

problem is this has been brought up before and they never did anything about it
  4. ARCHIVED-Aleste Guest

Well something needs to be done for necros. Dumbfire pets are useless and our dots are not producing decent dps in a raid setting. Every other mage has something thats desired in raids Sorcs have very high dps and chanters have regen and buffs. What exactly do summoners have? (besides the stoneskin for conjy's and the lame pet raid buff). From a pve prospective Necros are unwanted and more of a hassle in a group or raid than helpfull. We need alot of healer attention need troub and chanter buffs do even put out decent dps. Come on something has to give.

From a Pve prospective again useless.. look at the tools other mages have chanters can lock you down and burst you with better dps than a summoner. And Sorcs well lets just say they hit you hard and have way to much defense with wards and damage reduction. Ive watched more than once as my dots tick for 50dmg in pvp i mean come on how long am i expected to fight someone as a cloth wearer? roots and stuns are useless when it would take me 10 mins to kill someone who if they make it to melee me (or cast a spell or two) will kill me in two seconds flat. I know some people are thinking well i know this summoner i seen in bg's who put out alot of damage, yes that can be true if using bloodcloud and pandemic while noone is paying attention to them but how many people did that necro kill? all our damage can be healed by one heal in a matter of seconds.
    The whole state of Summoners should be adressed since they are in very bad shape currently.