Dumb fire Pets / non Scout pets still broken...?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Deezknives, May 24, 2016.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

They were topping a lot of parses in my guild's raid before the change to pets/temp pets, I know my guild's T1 dps is pretty bad but that's how it was.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

Oh ****, I forgot about Necros. Undead Horde + Hammer was OP and now is even more OP. I doubt Conjys were topping the parse.
  3. Yards Well-Known Member

Necro without hammer would top a lot of parses, necro with hammer rarely gets to play his main on meaningful fights because he is forced to play alts of whatever is needed.
    DoomDrake and Neiloch like this.
  4. Easiette Member

Our BL got his last rune (fervor) this week and did 19% of RW on sanctifier, a kinda straight forward and long burn fight, with 3 summoners following respectively at 13, 11 and 8%. Guess we're doing it wrong /cry
  5. Therein Active Member

Right, because Revelations dps is sandbagging? Try again.
  6. Darkon Well-Known Member

If your BL is doubling one of your summoners, then that summoner is bad.
    Neiloch likes this.
  7. Veta Well-Known Member

Fixed.
  8. Veta Well-Known Member

I sense summoner envy. I feel like the warlocks of AoM with these posts, even though I haven't defended the class since the update.
  9. Veta Well-Known Member

That person isn't wrong. Until sentinel's fate, when summoners were offered AAs such as Accelerated Decay (Necromancers) and ET (Summoner Proc, at the time), both classes weren't really desired. Conjurors were just a main tank/off tank group setup to give stoneskins. Necromancers did not really have great DPS until sentinel's fate and most did not even use them in a high-tier raid force.
  10. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Okay so hes off by 1 xpac off at most.

If you think you are justified in embracing bad balance because things weren't so great over 6 YEARS AGO you're out of your mind. That's like saying swashbucklers or guardians don't need help now because they were FOTM in some past expansion. What ever imbalance is happening NOW needs to be fixed NOW, past class state is only relevant if its still the current state.
  11. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I got feeling they are sittng on stuff till next expac hits , as usual there will be a new class that's king of the hill and ppl will be crying over that . The 2 tier dps from ppl with and with out the hammer isn't good for the game in my view it really needs to be evened up a bit there has never been such powerful proc in the game.
  12. Ratitz Active Member

Considering that all of these changes for summoners (and other swarm pets, warlocks, brigands, wizards, etc.) stemmed from Resolve being introduced to the game, I think I have a solution.

Eliminate Resolve as a game mechanic.
    Thanks.

But in all serious, a ~15-20% decrease to swarm pet damage would be enough to balance the classes out.
    OR, a decrease in the effectiveness of group-wide buffs/effects to swarm pets. The only issue with the latter is that it has more effected variance between raidforces, groups, and personal gear. (if your group is selfish, there wont be a big difference. if your group is full of utility and utility gear, then there will be a big loss)
    I play a summoner. I have played a summoner for years. I LOVE where they're at right now. But i will agree that they need to be toned down a bit.
    Entropy likes this.
  13. Veta Well-Known Member

Did I say at any point that summoners should be awesome now because of some imbalance in the past? Nope. You are blowing this out of proportion. I only stated the person wasn't wrong about the past. I am not sure how you got what all you just assumed out of what i posted.
  14. Mrmacky Active Member

Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
    Ah im stuck as this turd green font now.
    Mindlessly complaining just to complain about things when you yourself are not at the top of the class you play. Just put the effort you are putting into the forums into finding better ways to play.
    Cefur and Ashandra like this.
  15. Kaarkula Active Member

This thread is still going lol? Summoners can compete right now... but these false statements about how they always could is ridiculous. They could contribute.. but they could not compete with sorcerers and some scout classes at various times.

They were always dismissed on these forums as a legit T1 dps.
  16. Cefur Member

I miss the ole mimicry :(
    Kraeref likes this.
  17. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yep you been doing wrong or 3 summoners were all fight afk
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Mandoblast Active Member

As a member of the class of the expac in AoM, I have long been a proponent of class balance WITHOUT nerfing. I think the nerf bat has been used too many times to "balance" classes. I do not believe 1 class should be head and shoulders above another, as it seemed to be with warlocks in AoM but ToT seemed to "nerf" warlocks or at the very least "limit" them.

And yes I realize this is a thread about summoners and I for one do NOT want them nerfed, I want class balance to occur by bringing everyone else up to the same level. That's how I feel class balance should be handled.
  19. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Classes only seem to be out of balance if the players deem them to be. Created threads of retaliation because of some that got their class targeted. The real question is if certain classes are affected differently by specific stats, then why are we changing how they utilize those stats? Sounds to me like the stat did nothing but throw the parse ego up to a whole new level. Fervor doesn't even need to be in the game imo with the damage it has caused. There is no need for resolve if you dps check every mob to a degree. A whole bunch of worthless bickering back and forth about who should be more powerful. Remove both and gate with something that promotes players learning their classes rather than a stat/gear requirement. Done and done. Raising around the people who are already OP is just trivializing the content and the future more.
  20. Mandoblast Active Member

I agree that there seems to be a lot of "ego" on parse threads but isn't what makes this game fun having new content, including new abilities for classes, to experience? Way back in classic, there was nothing really but some stats. Then LU 13, then crits, then any number of different stats to what we have now.

I do not think that there is any way to truly know what impact new stats, such as fervor, would have in the game until it happened. I also realize that it seems easier to "nerf" one class than bring the rest of them up but that is just the easy way.

I just want us all to be on the same playing field. Bring the rest of us up. Dont nerf 1 class.
    RedvsBlue likes this.