Drunder 2 - Strategist's Stronghold - Shini-Zonn Livia

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-goldensunebondragon, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-goldensunebondragon Guest

So my group has finally made it to this third named in Strategist's Stronghold, Shini-Zonn Livia.
    We all have a full set of Ry'Gorr gear with the zek BPs, and are all around 150+ CM. The group is consisted of SK, Dirge, Warden, Defiler, Illy, Brigand. ( only bring in the defiler for the dogs, we can get the first two down with just he warden healing )
    Yet when she spawns her 3 dogs on us, we all just immediately die.
    If I can manage to get them all on me (SK) before the group is dead, I only last until all the healers and my death save tricks are down, and I have 166 CM with the warden buff on me.
    Is this encounter really doable with a group only in Ry'Gorr gear?
    ----edit----
    Oh and is there some way to open the doors without blindly jumping around the cube of light?
  2. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Sorry dude you need 170 Crit Mit and Hard Mode Raid Gear (you need 41k health each) to survive this encounter, its also a DPS check, you have to burn them down as fast as possible while running your temp buffs.
  3. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Another failed attempt at sounding smart.
    Anyone who has hard mode gear is over 240 crit mit ... duh and I would say around 45k hp self buffed
  4. ARCHIVED-sev12412512512 Guest

Yuan@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yuan, this encounter is pretty intense on the incoming DPS end of things when those dogs spawn, especially considering the effects of the curse on casting speed which as far as I know are pointless to even try and cure early.
    Are your healers (and everyone else for that matter) at 300 aa, specced properly, and conserving all of their aa and emergency heals for the dog section of the fight? For example, a well timed Cyclone on the tank from the warden, given the ideal conditions of the tank having immediate and constant aggro on all 3 dogs, seems like it could buy you guys the time you need to burn down atleast 1 add. The spike dps is a lot more reasonable once you get one of them down (and your casting speed starts getting back to normal as the curses come off).
    Have you tried mezzing/rooting the adds? Guessing you can't but I have been surprised before.

Regarding the opening doors thing, I assume you mean the small cube you follow post-beating on the pointless totem? I always just move fairly close to it and click on it and the barrier seems to dissipate.
  5. ARCHIVED-goldensunebondragon Guest

sev12412512512 wrote:
    Thanks for the input.
    Our best pulls actually is running only the warden, but as soon as Cyclone, Thorns, double trigger DPs, Furor, Hateful Respite, Blood Siphon, Touch of Death, and both Bloodletter triggers are gone I'm toast.
    In that amount of time though we still can't kill 1 dog, so our dps probably just isn't where it needs to be then.
    I can't remember if the illy said he was able to land mezzes or not, will make sure we give that another try, and rooting.
  6. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

I have not doen the zone before, but .... some mobs that cant be Mezzed can be chain stunned and locked down that way. also see if the boss can be silenced that may stop some problems.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

Livia is doable with heroic gear, Yuan. My group kills her, but we always use two healers (inquisitor and defiler). When the extra healing isn't needed the inquisitor pumps out the dps instead.
    At 61% hp on Livia the tank throws intercept on me and I hit him with all emergency wards so we don't worry about exploding when the dogs come out. After the dogs are out our dirge kites one around the room with snare while we destroy two of the dogs. By the time the two dogs on the tank are dead, Livia joins in for the third dog, but she doesn't really put out high dps so the fight is pretty much over at that point.
    The fight I would prefer you talking about is Hypatia...good god damn I hate that fight.
  8. ARCHIVED-sev12412512512 Guest

Silzin wrote:
    According to a Coercer buddy of mine, not even trash is stunnable in Drunder.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

Yeah, 100% of mobs are immune to stun in Drunder. The recent "nerf" to some of them made mobs immune to stifle as well.
  10. ARCHIVED-Apiar Guest

Not sure if you are aware, but the dogs should be killed in a particular order. The hint comes from the Vigilant X2 zone and the dog encounter there. Tank should be able to hold all the dogs and boss. Only one healer is needed, we do best with a fury/warden. Run with 3 dps classes, all pulling between 80K to 100K. Or go with 2 dps classes and a bard/chanter.
  11. ARCHIVED-theriatis Guest

Apiar wrote:
    Only one Healer is needed ? How's your setup ? How's your Gear ?
    We were able to make it through Drunder 1 and wiped in Drunder 2 at the Dogs and the Souls Encounter.
    Guard (RaidMT EM equipped), Inqui, Myst, Wizard, Illusionist, Troub/second Wizard. All full EM equipped with Kael3 BP. The Second Wizard HM equipped. 300k+ DPS.
    Regards, theriatis.
  12. ARCHIVED-Apiar Guest

theriatis wrote:
    Everyone in my guild that runs these zones has a mixture of Towers X2 gear, Ry'Gorr gear, and EM raid gear.
    Our set-up was pally, warden, ranger, brig, necro, and illy. We also routinely run it with an SK, fury, dirge, ranger, brig, coercer. Pally is fully em raid gear equipped with X2 BP. Our DPS is between 380-400K. Keep in mind, end boss of this zone will require about 400K dps to get past in its current state. Boars galore for almost 4 minutes then boss comes. Not an easy fight. Found the best healer to solo heal that encounter is a fury.
  13. ARCHIVED-goldensunebondragon Guest

Apiar wrote:
    We've tried killing the dogs in the vig2 order ( old monitors ftw? ), but can only get one to about 50% before it's revive and rebuff time.
    Will try again once I can get a couple drunder pieces on me, should have shoulders done in a couple days. Comes out to around 7 runs to a piece of crafted armor with only killing the previous two named though, provided I win the rolls of course.
  14. ARCHIVED-Apiar Guest

Yuan@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Good luck! Healing dog must die first. Should be able to burn him in 30 secs if saving all big stuff. How is your group composition? Hit me up with a PM if you hit a roadblock.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

Apiar has pointed out that his group wears raid gear. If you're group isn't wearing raid gear, I'd suggest my strat OP. The dogs do have an order, but if you're not wearing raid gear you're not going to tank the 3 dogs and Livia at the same time. I can guarantee it.
  16. ARCHIVED-goldensunebondragon Guest

Yeah, we're definitely going to try your method next time we are in there. Instead of kiting it around the room though, I wonder if it's possible to just have the scouts OT a dog. I'm going to try that too just for the heck of it.
  17. ARCHIVED-goldensunebondragon Guest

So we revisited this encounter after making a few more drunder pieces, and changing the group make-up a bit. (SK, Mystic, Inquisitor, Dirge, Trouby, Conjurer)
    Just annihilated the dogs, and the next encounter. The group composition definitely makes a huge difference in these zones, more than I originally thought.
    Only got in a few pulls on the final guy but I reckon we'll kill it the next time we go in there.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

Glad to read you finally made it past, Yuan. Group composition is definitely where it is at.
    The final named is as much as you probably suspect. The only real tip you might need is that when the named finally joins the fight be on the lookout. You're probably going to lose 100% of your power.