Druid: Rebirth AA Update Request

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Naneel, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Naneel Member

For druids that spec in Rebirth, they know that Rebirth is an automatic 5s cast after the druid dies. Often times this leads to either a second death because everyone else is dying too or the druid cancels Rebirth to avoid the second death which wastes the ability altogether.

With the advent of Immaculate Revival (IR) for clerics (group castable self rez), we at least know that the mechanic exists to rez yourself by clicking a spell.

So, I would request that Rebirth be changed to a player castable spell after death rather than a 5s auto cast after death.

I'm not sure why this would be unbalancing in any way and it makes Rebirth a more reliable spell for what seems like it's intended purpose.

Thank you
    Emms and Afista like this.
  2. StaticLex Active Member

I never really minded the auto-rez part actually but the 5 second delay I always found irritating. It should be 1-2 seconds.
  3. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I second this since I requested it in the fury thread ;)
  4. Furyatchu New Member

I agree it needs changed, as it is its as much a liability as an assest and makes aa's spent elsewhere more practical.

As a alternative put a popup box with accept/decline and put a 45 sec timer expiration to lower chances of exploitation.
  5. Phreak Member

I agree completely. Even with this change the Wis line would be questionable but much more useful than it is now.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Rebirth is a tricky ability for the reason the OP stated. It would be nice if it was like Immaculate Revival. Sometimes Rebirth can save the day, and other times it's just more repair bills - it is a tossup. In PvP the automatic part of the revive makes it a Very Bad idea. If it were self-castable with a countdown timer, that would be worthwhile.
    Phreak likes this.
  7. Kisy Active Member

I remember this being brought up at LIVE and I think I heard them say that they wouldn't make it a click after dead spell because it would be too much like the "Dead Rez" the Clerics have, but they would look into maybe having a window come up that ask you if you want Rebirth to kick in or not.
  8. Afista Well-Known Member

I would also prefer to have it as a spell we click ourselves!
  9. Azomonas Active Member

It would certainly be more desirable if they removed the auto-rez feature. I don't think it would be OP since you have to spend so many points on abilities that aren't very helpful outside of PVP.
  10. Widem Active Member

Rebirth was simply a failed idea that was scrapped years ago. The whole line is terrible anyways.

The only way you could fix it is by changing the entire name and ability.

Group SVD IMO or a SELF SVD that has a recast timer on trigger (similar to bloodletter). Only things that make sense. The whole after death thing is useless no matter what.