Druid AA tree question

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-junibegood, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-junibegood Guest

Hello fellow wardens
    I'm working on a full heal template for my warden alt, and have a small question about the res line in druid tree. I want Serenity so I need to spend 22 points in the line. I'm convinced that 10 points in Serene Knowledge is a good idea. How would you spend the 12 remaining points knowing that :
    • I'm very high in crit chance (above 100% without AA) but this is likely to change, my gear is not balanced at all, for now I just gathered all the T9 legendary pieces I could get. ^^
    • This character is an alt, mostly played in group. I only raid once in a while when the raid is short on healers. I don't have much use for Serene Symbol but would be happy to have it efficient when I do.
    Thanks for your time. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Yeah, 10 in serene knowledge is a no-brainer. You can always respec the line so I'd probably just put 10 in serene symbol. It's kinda handy for BGs if you happen to play those anyway.
  3. ARCHIVED-junibegood Guest

You're right, I'll go for 10-10-2 and think about a respec later when I get more balanced gear, thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

In my spec that has that line, I went 8-10-4 IIRC. You only really need enough serene symbol to be able to take things off, I don't think it gets high enough to take two L90 things off at once. The rest you can put into crit -- more doesn't do anything bad, and as you upgrade gear you should see that some of the nicer items with potency/crit-bonus tend to not have crit (or have relatively little crit) on them.
  5. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Higher ranks of serene symbol make it less resistable as well.
  6. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

I'm just starting my warden, only lvl 40 at this point, but I was wondering how used serene symbol is at higher lvl raiding or even grouping? It seems helpful, yes. But the extra crit you'd get from going 4-10-8, would allow you go wear gear with other stats instead of having to stack on crit later on in the game. This is purely from a pretty much newb healers perspective (to EQ2 anyway), so if it's actually viewed a different way, please, someone inform me :)
  7. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Larkverdin@Unrest wrote:
    Serene Symbol is pretty worthless for PVE. I'll spam mobs with it occasionally just to see if it strips anything and 99.8% of the time it doesn't. In fact, the only raid mob I'm really aware of that it does anything to is Levi and that isn't even current tier anymore.
    As far as the crit AA thing goes.. it doesn't quite work like that. Some tiers crit is easy to come by on gear, other tiers not so much. You'll generally have the easiest time finding a really solid item and specing your AAs around it, not the other way around.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Larkverdin@Unrest wrote:
    As StaticLex mentioned, symbol doesn't really take much off in PVE, the rare exceptions being things they specifically want to let you dispell (Levi's reflect, and IIRC the water guy's heal in NHT or some similar zone).
    Before T9, you're probably much better off going for crit than serene symbol. As you get into T9 you can swap some around as you build up a lot of crit (early T9 has crit items galore). If you get deep into T9 (raiding especially) you may eventually swap some back as you put on more crit-bonus/potency items rather than high-crit items.
  9. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Since serene symbol was quite a large portion of this post , I thought Id ask my question about it here.
    First off im interested in the pvp uses of it ... what particular classes does this seem best used against? And what is enough ponts spent to get some use ..... I just arrived at level 35 and plan on staying locked there for awhile.
    Next it seems to me you have to ride a fine line of survivablily and being able to do enough damage. I finally collected my full set of discord gear and jewelry ... and boy howdy that helped in the survivabily department. Next Ive spent my points in the warden tree taking the 3 combat arts and enhance warden of the forest ... I skipped the cold dot because I selected it grandmaster. I was also fortunate to get both my DD nukes master from my guild and spent the money for the group nuke. In the druid tree I have only selected the 3 mele hits from the first row.
    During pvp fights I dont seem to get much use out of my combat arts save for 1 volley , wich is not enough to take someone down it seems. I feel Im doing alot more dmg via my nukes ,,, although it is nice to get a bunch of CA's in quickly for a finishing blow , if and when the situation presents itself (not very often)
    I guess my question then would be , should I scrap the CA's in the warden tree. Just keep the ones in the druid tree and then supplement with the serene line down to the crits I suppose. Also I think I might get more bang going down the stormcallers line eventually.
    Regaurding any auto attack the way fights seem to go , Im hesitant to put points into anything that effects my mele auto attack , except just that first sword attack on that end of the tree for the extra hit.
    Well I hope this made sense enough for someone to give me some advice .... if you need some clarification just ask ;)