Drowning In Harvested Materials

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Glinda, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Drowning in harvestables? What happened to the guild harvest depot, is it filled to the brim?

Edit: FWIW, I didn't start crafting to make money; I started crafting because, historically, I've always hated it & I finally wanted to do something different. But even then, I did it for the ability to make stuff for MY house & OUR guild hall ... not to sell at a profit. If I end up making some money off it, like from making hi-end boxes & the like, great; if I never make a single worthless copper, that's good too.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The biggest issue with harvests is the disparity between some of the T10 harvests and the rest of them*, and the fact that even the guild hall harvest boxes only allow up to 99,999 harvests of a given type. My guild harvest box has 99,999 plump haddock and 99,999 cutthroat trout. My house has 290,000+ of both**

* Despite the fact that I'm already on a second overflow with some of the T10 resources, some of them - specifically the ones that come from the bush nodes - have around 70,000. Compared to the 290K T10 fish I'm personally sitting on, that 70K is less than a quarter of the others.
    ** I'm less than 10,000 out from having to use a 3rd overflow. It is a good thing that I had a bunch of the older depots that became small harvest depots (after the change) spread throughout my houses.
  3. Filly67 Well-Known Member

4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yeah. The fish. We seriously need a 'Sisters of the Poor' type donation box for harvest overflow. Donate 100 fish and get ten gold, or ten ore, or ten, well, anything, except lumber. Drowning in lumber at our gh.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I'd settle for an easy way of mass destroying these harvestables. Like a "destroy 75%" option and you have to spell out the name of the harvestable like you would when deleting a character. If anyone has any other suggestion for destroying a lot of stacks of this stuff w/o getting carpal tunnel please let me know. :p
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Funny enough I was thinking about the over abundance of fish and the fact that in the weekly we have to get more fish. :p they should change the step to fish up 5 fish and allow us to bring already fished up 1k per combine (or 100, not sure what would be the magic number here). I realize 5k fish every 3 or 4 weeks isn't a lot, but man if it wasn't because I love sushi I'd be hating those multiple max depots that are filled with fish :p

I like this suggestion to be able to destroy harvestables in this manner. I've already donated to friends, put on broker (lololol) and destroyed. Still those fish do seem to fill up fast.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

A bag option to destroy all contents with an are you sure check (like making you type "destroy") would be nice to get rid of those harvests.

Personally I've ninja dumped fish in all sorts of guild depots all over Freeport. Those things seem to breed in the depots, worse than rabbits.
    Mindsway likes this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

:p:p this is such an evil thing to do :p:p (strictly talking about the fish, donating harvestables to fledgling guilds is a nice thing to do)
  9. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd hate to have to destroy bags just to delete a bunch of them but if that's the price I gotta pay...