Dressing room manequins needed...DEVS take note

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by frdmlover, Feb 13, 2013.

1. frdmlover New Member

Hello,

I have three sets of gear I regularly interchange...crafting gear, solo adv gear and group/raid adv gear.
    There are respec mirrors that cover quick AA changes for solo/group/raid specs, those come in very handy and were a great addition to the game.

I am tired of carrying around a backpack filled with gear. It would be awsome to have a few manaequins in my house that I can simply click on to switch outfits. If I want all my crafting gear I can simply go to my crafting manequin and click on it to change rather than fishing through my bags and swapping out 15 or so pieces of gear to craft. Likewaise for preparing for adventuring after a crafting session. I have a manequin that I use in my house museum that looks just like me when I wear all my crafting gear...the next step is to be able to click on that manequin and "change" into that gear. The gear I am wearing at that time would go to the corresponding manequin such as my adv manequin, which would then be all pressed and shiny for when I am ready to change again. The manequins can be player made which would add to the market place for crafters.

Lascivice - AB
  2. Mohee Active Member

WTB Portable AA mirrors that can hold more than 2 specs.
    Paying $15 a mo.
    Oh wait, i'm already doing that.
    Will keep paying $15 a mo. !!!!
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I like how Vanguard does it where you can have your adv gear, your crafting gear, your harvesting gear, and your diplo gear all equipped in different tabs and have to simply toggle between them to activate.
  4. Zannah Active Member

Make macros for your gear, one for adventuring and one for crafting. You still have to carry the gear around, but you don't have to fish in your bags for it. Just press one button to switch between the two set ups. You can even associate different appearance gear with each macro, so that you know whether you're currently in adventuring or crafting gear (my adventuring macro has me in a white dress, and my crafting macro in a black dress - because I'm one of those people who would forget otherwise and end up doing a whole dungeon in crafting gear!).
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

Macros are frustrating. Say I'm adventuring and get a few new pieces of upgrade armor... great! Equip them, forget to update my macro and boom... the next time I try to equip my adventuring gear after crafting, my macro is all shot to hell :S

There has to be an easier, better way.
    Cyliena likes this.
  6. Bouncing Skull Active Member

The macros work.. but its still a good idea to implement something that makes it easier to do. I would even pay station cash for them.
  7. Nella Member

I like the idea of having equipment tabs that you can activate. Seems like the most straightforward solution.

-Nella
    Karrane and Afista like this.
  8. Pixiewrath Active Member

Indeed. Three tabs should be enough... One for PVE, one for PVP and one for crafting/harvesting... Then I might actually use the crafting gear instead of having it lying in my bank all day...
    Cyliena, Faelynn and Afista like this.
  9. Nailoo Member

Agree with the OP.

It's not a huge deal to have to swap gear, but digging through bags and having to always carry it on you or zone back to the guild hall and dig through bank bags isn't fun.

Also, I just love the idea of having usable mannequins or a usable closet with spaced hangers and a shoe rack, so you can see the pretty clothes when not in use. Being able to put a set of clothes on a mannequin or on a "hanger" and being able to just click and equip it would be really nice from a practical and a rp point of view.

My main has literally 3 bank bags full of different outfits, she has a primary outfit for each season, plus outfits for holidays and just for when she feels like changing it up a bit. If we had real working closets, she'd probably wear a different outfit just about every day. A bunch of the stuff just sits in the bank and is kind of forgotten about though, which is too bad. The merchant bought clothing and "normal" recipe stuff from tailors is horrible most of the time, but some of the seasonal, quested, /claimed and sc stuff is beautiful.
    Karrane likes this.
  10. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

The mannequin idea is good. What about the other items you might swap out? Jewelry, charms, etc? Where do they go? The mannequin interface would look like a character interface and all items would fit there?
  11. Faelynn Active Member

I'm for the idea of 3 tabs you can switch between (presumably would need to be out of combat to switch). PVE, Crafting, and PVP are perfect.
  12. Nailoo Member

That's why I almost think working closets would be better. Hangers could hold (and display) the clothing, but you could also have a "shelf" or box for extras like jewelry, charms and other misc. items.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  13. Nebula Member

TABS!

I currently use macros, I have no problem keeping them updated and have never "forgotten" to change it when I get new gear. (Whoohoo for me! :p )
    But if something else is going to be added to help with the extra gear - I would much prefer tabs just to get the gear out of my bags - I definitely do not want to be travelling back to my house to change clothes!!
  14. VeilShard Active Member

I also think Tabs would be an elegant solution, for each set of gear. Macro's are fine and good for now, but that doesn't deal with the amount of bloat we already carry around in our bags. Adventure/ appearance/ crafting/

I don't know how many times I have gone to fight with my crafting gear on *grumbles..*
  15. frdmlover New Member

Tabs AND Dressing room with Manequins AND Jewely boxes.
    Tabs can be bought via Station Cash...Dressing room, Manequins and Jewelry boxes must be player made to even things out.
    Many many people role play ( tip - Niloo) and would get great enjoyment from simply walking into a dressing room to see their outfits hanging neatly and being very clickable. For those that aren't into the housing aspect of the game then they have Tabs, and people like would have both!

I can't believe this doesn't already exist...13 years and counting?
    Thanks everyone for the support and alternate ideas, now lets just hope this thread gets enough play that the Devs situp and take notice.

Lascivice - AB
  16. Nebula Member

I spent all day yesterday, doing quests in Obol Plains, with my Armoring Tongs equipped in my primary slot. No wonder it was slow going killing some of the names out there!
    Tabs or Mannequins would probably not have prevented that error, as I used the tongs the day before to evac out of somewhere and forgot to replace them.

When I told my partner, she reminded me that we'd recently done challenge mode Mrelg with her hitting him with a frying pan!
  17. frdmlover New Member

My Mother and I are both crafters, I can't tell you how many times we caught each other with craftnig gear on while dungeon crawling. Just last week I had my crafting spoon slung across my back, which looks pretty funny when you have to swing it at an agressive mob.

Lascivice - AB
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

Try having your Plate-Appearance gear on but your crafting gear on and walking into a HM-Raid zone :eek: I did that in Destiny of Velious with Kraytoc's Fortress of Rime(Challenge). It wasn't too funny for me, was hilarious for my guild though.