Dragon Rest

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Arwenna, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Arwenna New Member

I am new to this thread and this is my first attempt at decorating a home using the decorating tool. My mentor that is helping me learn the ins and outs of the tool helped me alot with this home (Fayteth). I would appreciate any comments you pros would be willing to give me. This home is located on the Guk server under large homes and I just published it tonite.

I am having trouble uploading the screenshots ... I will be adding them in the next few days.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Fay's a bud of mine and I can jump on an check it out. I knew he had remade a toon on Guk but knew not why.
  3. Arwenna New Member

4. Arwenna New Member

Feara likes this.
  5. Arwenna New Member

Well I got the images posted .... twice! ... Heh

I hope some of you will visit my house and give me any comments your advice you may have.
  6. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I just visited your house lastnight, it's very lovely. I just love how you did the windows in the bedroom and the floors in the living room. so roomy and organized. ;) and also your kitchen look's a lil bit like mine with the lions main counters and with the sink in the counter island. lol! :D
  7. Arwenna New Member

Thank you Tenchigirl15 for the complilment.

Anyone with a toon on Guk please visit and give me your opinions on my first attempt with the decorating tool ;-). Tho Fayteth did some of the more intricate things as I'm still learning the decorating tool.
  8. Jexi Well-Known Member

Very elegant. I like it.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

I very much enjoyed the Library but then again I have designed one myself :D nice layout!
  10. Arwenna New Member

Thank you Jexi and Estred for your coments and compliments. Its really nice when people comment on one's hard work. And Jexi I was amazed at your Twilight house! It is simply awsome!
  11. Arwenna New Member

Since most of you will not be able to visit my home in person, I thought I would add a few house details that do not show up in the original pictures I posted (sorry for the double post on those).

On a whim I placed my sleeping baby dragon on my bed. The outcome was he named both himself and my house.
    Meet Ruth

[IMG]

As I mentioned, Fayteth is my decorating tool mentor. This is his major contribution to my home. I think this came out spetacular, (of course I am biased).

A room with a view

[IMG]

The pool room at the top of the house is quite unique and has many details that are hard to show in one screenshot. I wanted to make a window of the painting of the Quynos Harbor, and make an intimate, relaxing room to bathe and enjoy the view.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

In the Quynos Large Home most people seem to make a garden on the balcony. I wanted to do something different. I decided to make a 'Balcony Bedroom'.

The Balcony Bedroom

[IMG]

Again it was hard to include both levels of the library so here is the upper floor of the library.

[IMG]

I hope you all enjoy my house as much as I enjoyed decorating it. I realize there are alot of pictures in this thread but thought that many of the details of the house got lost in the original screenshots I posted.
    Again, please feel free to visit my home on the Guk server if you have a toon there.

Thank you for taking a look at my home. I sincerely hope you liked what you saw.
    Feara likes this.
  12. Feara Well-Known Member

Hello Arwenna, thank you for sharing these pics, I will not be able to walk thru :(. My favorite on the first set of pics is the front main room floor, fabulous! Your color choices are true eyecandy. I am blown away by the room with a view and the pool room, not enough words, *****'s. Super job on Dragon Rest. A job well done Arwenna!

Kindest Regards ~Feara
  13. Kisy Active Member

I love how you utilized the City Paintings to add depth and realness to the windows. That forced perspective "room with a view" was spectacular!

I will stop by in person tonight when I get home. Fab job! 2 Thumbs up!:)
  14. Arwenna New Member

Thank you Kisy and Feara! I should be around tonite Kisy if you have any questons .... I am home with the flu bug ;( oh and don't try to use the door in A room with a view ;-p ... that is until you are ready to go back to your guildhouse.
  15. Afista Well-Known Member

Really beautiful home! I love how using the paintings as window views turned out and the upstairs bath is really lovely.
  16. Sharann Well-Known Member

Well if this is your first home, big congrats! You definitely are talented. It's a clever and harmonious use of lighting, carpets, paintings, tiles and windows. The little garden is just so cute and using the balcony to create a beautiful bedroom with view on the city is awesome. You barely recognize a Qeynos home. Big big kudos to a lovely house! You made me want to decorate again :)
  17. Foretold Well-Known Member

This is your FIRST attempt??? *Bows down* My tenth attempt was not quite this good. Amazing!
    Kisy likes this.
  18. Arwenna New Member

This is my first attempt at decorating a house using the decorating tool myself .... My first house is in the hall of fame on the Guk server .... its called There's No Place like Hellkhat's Home .... i agree its a horrible name lol. This is the home where I ment my mentor in using the decoration tool he did the dome it was my idea but i couldn't do it myself. ;-)

Thank you Sharann, Foretold and Afista for your kind comments.
  19. Atmu New Member

Hello,
    I visited your home this morning (my time EU) in person and I really love it. The looks outside are marvelous and I like the entry area a lot. It is always a bit difficult to decorate I think, if you try to imagine what is in your entry area at home? I really like your solution. To use the balcony the way you did is very original and I love that idea. Same with the upper floor. I like the "sight" over the harbour.However you also asked for feedback concerning the decoration.
    The only thing I was puzzled about were the steamlord tapestries up at the pool. The setup with the pool and the benches is just fine....I was wondering when I looked at it why you placed them. Probably some plants around and fishes in the pond would have looked nicer.
    Anyway I love that house and gave it two thumbs up, very well done.
    Greetings Mu!
    Feara likes this.
  20. Arwenna New Member

The only thing I was puzzled about were the steamlord tapestries up at the pool. The setup with the pool and the benches is just fine....I was wondering when I looked at it why you placed them. Probably some plants around and fishes in the pond would have looked nicer.
    I was trying for a waterfall effect sort of ... or shower maybe? lol .... I liked the effect of water comming down into the pool gives the impression of fresh water not stagnant. I had some plants placed in the pool but opted out of placing them in the end ... I didn't want to overdo on the plants the same with the solo flower .... I wanted to keep the attention on the structure and design of the room with the different surfaces and subdued lighting.
    Feara likes this.