Dragon Attack! - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Niami I think you have to stay playing till the end of Norath your just not ever allowed to retire , because your so awesome
    you voiced all those concerns I have with the dragons , I could not have said it better .
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

SAGES!! Take note - until it can be fixed, sages and only sages should not make "Bejeweled Potion Manuscript" for the monument building. It'll make the NPC (in this case I tested with Banyun in CL) show the quest completion book over his head, but he won't accept the item nor complete the quest. If you DO make it and run into that, the "fix" in the interim is to make one of the other two items offered to your class, hand in both together. You will get the faction for them both, but only one quest reward. I tested the other two scholar classes, because that's a scholar-wide item, and they were fine with handing it in.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Randiom New Member

At one point during the Everfrost fight I was knocked back and froze under water before I could find the otter totem in my bags I drown. I was expecting to be able to tab target and attack the ice that keeps you from moving but didn't see anything. It could have been on another group/raid member, but at times when I was near the fighting was froze in place and did not see any ice to kill or find a tab target. This is with test server pop and there were quite a few there, but no where near what some of the live servers would have. It may make it near impossible to get the debuffs off if they are not able to be AoE down.The ice does seem like it is are low hp at least.

The knock up you are referring to Mum I believe is the nek dragon that shakes off the debuff after you have killed one of the electrical orb (forgot the actual name) that increases damage to the dragon by 1% per one that is killed. I am not sure if there is a strat to get them to spawn, but it usually seems to start with a lot and only get one or two to spawn as the fight goes on, might be a movement thing. I really hate to move the mob around a lot with all the low levels, other classes needing positioning for dps and knock backs. The LP dragon movement isn't as bad because it is only every 25% so it is easier to expect when to need to move.
    Soara2, Kasa and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ooh, right, I forgot about the orbs in Nek. Brain leaking out ears!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

They are called an arcane spark.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Niami DenMother like this.
  6. Cuora Member

I think Niami hit the primaries very well with the dragons. The TS fight went from very easy in the beginning ( not epic) to now very tough with all those totems. My 12 year old son plays and is not a raider, but can hold his own in a fight (he has been watching Mom and Dad play now his whole life) but still has trouble with these multiple attacks and the extra stuff around the dragons. The totems in TS I found particularly lethal to lowbies and anyone not able to get away from them, they are too close together and way too many. My toons are not maxed out and most are around level 100 with a few in the 70's-90's and the knockback was really tough on these. I also noted a health drain on several, so for lower levels, this may be a problem if they are not grouped. Thank you to Kasa for grouping me with her. My paper wizzie needed all the help she could get and it was appreciated. Even standing back at the spires it seemed if the dragon could see you, you got some knockback but not as bad. My fury had to stay behind the spire structure to maintain safety when not grouped. All in all, it is a fun and challenging event and we have enjoyed it. My son was thrilled to get his mount illusion and loves helping but gets frustrated when those knockbacks keep knocking. Thanks for all the hard work to the devs and Niami and test folks. Tired but having fun :).
    Soara2, Kasa, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Monument Build Progress sign in Antonica displays progress, regardless of if the zone has come down or not.
    The Monument Build Progress sign in Commonlands needs a wake-up call after downtime or zone closure and reopening in the form of a quest hand-in from anyone before it will actually display the progress.

This is current with the new patch today on Test, build 14987T
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Chrol Developer

Looks like there's some confusion with how to handle the idols. They have an "attack" mouseover but you are actually supposed to just click them a few times to destroy them. I'll update it.

Also - the idols will inflict less damage less often.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  9. Chrol Developer

Lowering damage on the knock back (up) - as well as its radius and how often it's cast. The other spells are cast less often as well.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yields from gathering from the dragons are improved now, making it easier for folks to craft monument bits due to the new Test patch - thanks!
  11. Chrol Developer

With the next update, if you are hit by Freezing Fury, which spawns the icicle cage, you'll be moved into the cage if you're not already in it when it spawns.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Oh, several of us tried the right-click attack of them and were insta-killed for our troubles, so that's why we were confused :p
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

While doing a house item preview video I found that the "Ring of Scale Table" has white under the legs of the table. I am not sure if this would cause any lag issues or anything so might just be a cosmetic thing.

The two books "Dragon Scale Tome" and "Scaleborn Tome" are huge even at minimum size. Would love if scaling could be expanded to make these books smaller (like expanding mushroom scaling happened). Please keep their maximum size since I can see using the books as building materials not just as books.

"Ring of Scale Arcane Orb" has a really cool orb that looks like the sun. I would love to see a house item (maybe for Scorched Sky event) that is just the orb with the cool animation.

:)
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

(just a quick offtopic message to let you know that my "I'm going to reboot, my computer is lagging as hell" from monday turned into a full computer crash after a windows update which broke the system down. I saved the hard drive data but I'm still trying to reinstall the system. Sorry for not being around to test this. hopefully it'll get resolved soonTM)
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Finally reinstalled and could log in. It's nice to unvent a bit!

I did the Nek and LP dragons. I like them, they're cute, strats are nice.
    I think they have a bit too much HP (ok, last fight in LP we were 17 with 8 healers but still). Knockback are brutals. They can be avoided in LP but in Nek with the knock up on top of them, I had a char ending in the river all the time.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI on the LP one, there ARE aggro that path into the area - a linked trio of Thexians: Valhi Y'Orivar was one of the three that killed a squishie during the corpse-plundering phase. So watch it with the squishies on that one (As in, while "inside" the corpse of the dragon, aggro pathed in)
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[Feedback] Since it possibly involves Art, I'm not sure what can be done about it, but on the Toxyca fight, her green "portals" are easy to miss due to coloration of the area around it and the dim light. If there is a way to make the green portals brighter, it'd help tired eyes. :D
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

/seconded (I missed a portal last run and I was tanking)

Could the crafting NPC have a "repeat" line to avoid going through the whole dialog any time we have to redo the quest when we chain-craft pretty please? Like for the crafting quest for festivals (example: "but I can do more" "really? here you go" <quest pop-up>). It would be more comfortable for us.
  19. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

woot
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, just a cosmetic issue. Thankfully, the underside of the table feet aren't easily seen.

They're dragon sized, because they're books for dragons! But yeah, I can allow them to shrink to a size more fitting Drakinvess hands.

I've added the idea to the Scorched Sky feedback.

Thanks for the feedback!

~ Kaitheel