Draconic History and Lore *Spoiler Info*

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Amana, Feb 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

[p]Ok here's a recap that i'm going to go through so I can get some history down pat. [/p][p]Lord Nagafen wants to resurrect Lady Vox because she was killed. She was killed by Darathar's drakota minion in search of the prismatic egg that she kept. [/p][p]We came into the picture with Darathar luring us in saying he was the sage of ages. Our hardest task was obtaining the 26 character runes to learn the draconic language. Darathar later taught us this language when we brought him the runes. *question: Did this violate a draconic code in that he taught "lesser beings" a sacred language?*[/p][p]Talking to "Lord" Nagafen directly we obtained the 3 shards necessary to ressurect Lady Vox. Battling Darathar's pathetic drakota we obtained the shards and unsuccessfully ressurected Lady Vox for a period of time. We learned of the Ice Giants holding the Prismatic Egg in their clutches. It is here that we saw the true face of Sage of Ages and that being Darathar. [/p][p]Convincing Lord Nagafen that we could defeat Darathar we received a ring allowing access to his hidden refuge. Battling Darathar's elite drakota we obtained the rings from them allowing entry to this island. Through sheer will and effort we are able to defeat Darathar, but in the process the Prismatic Egg is shattered. [/p][p]Returning to Lord Nagafen he seems to care very little about the egg or that it was shattered. He just wanted it out of Darathar's hands so it couldn't be used against him. It is theorized that Lord Nagafen has a cache of Prismatic Eggs. *question is why haven't they hatched yet?*[/p][p]That's from the Prismatic 1.0 quest for those that haven't done it. [/p][p]Unfortunately I can't go into the Claymore stuff since I haven't completed it yet. [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

Think Dragon eggs take several years to hatch. I assuming they based on what info i got from the eq1 expansion focusing on the dragon breeding grounds, The Nest.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daarom Guest

Just FYI (and that it doesnt get lost for my German lore Page) First Brood Dragons: -Lord Yelinak -Zlandicar (was banished to DN after killing Fraka'Dar) -Klandicar -Hsagra (was killed by the giant king Porlos) -Jaled'Dar (was killed and he killed Emp. Ganak over the Field of Bone) -Illiandar (Died in battle with Kerafym) -Sontalak
  4. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

[p] Weird...Wonder if Nagafen keeps them in a sort of suspended animation. Perhaps he's waiting for Kerafyrm to be destroyed and for his beloved Lady Vox to be resurrected. Only thing that i'm sure of is that Nagafen wants Vox resurrected. After that there are two plausible Scenarios:[/p][p]1. When Lady Vox is revived and brought back to life they will hatch their brood. After that they will then release it upon the world of Norrath. 1 Prismatic full grown vs 30+ baby prismatic dragons is tough to figure out who will win. [/p][p]2. Lady Vox and Nagafen will transfer their souls into 1 of their brood and use that power to overwhelm Kerafyrm. Once he is destroyed they will hatch their brood unleashing/ruling Norrath. With all of those eggs I highly doubt Lord Nagafen will be content just having Lady Vox by his side. That and leaving Norath alone being secluded away with his beloved mate. [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

This was always an interesting thread. Sorry to necro it, but.
    With the upcoming expansion, several new speculative thoughts have spring to mind.
    Somewhere (Cusa, help me out) It's mentioned that the Sage of Ages, is like part of the Ethernaughts, or like...Rodcet Nife thing..? Something.
    Anyways - Darathar posed as the Sage of Ages (mentioned here) / Shadowmen targetting Target Prime, etc... Seems we can continue this thread about Dragons and their part in the Void.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

There's been no mention of any involvement from dragons with the next expansion, and Darathar AKA The Sage of Ages was killed by us adventurers years ago, so I doubt he'll play a role in the next expansion.
  7. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

Part of the Questline in this current age.. Either Lore Stories since Trakanon's Lair, or the recent stories... or even the Seerress Live Events...something. Maybe even a Dev post here on the forums. Mentions specifically that something (paraphrase, not quoting) "Which we've already met one of those in the Sage of Ages."
    Now, all I am saying is that if Darathar posed as the Sage of Ages, and The Sage of Ages specifically mentioned in regards to meeting one of "something".... Why Darathar, and why the Sage of Ages? Just rehashing old NPC's for no reason? There had to be a reason that he would have picked Sage of Ages to pretend to be.
    There is something there.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'm sorry but you're not making any sense.
    The Sage of Ages, Captain Vargus, and Darathar are all one and the same. He is those two alter egos.
    Now, for game mechanic purposes, you still see Captain Vargus as he offers to take you to Qeynos and Freeport when you start a new character, but he played a much larger part back when the game first started. The Sage of Ages only gave us hints and clues to something the players would soon get involved in. That something was the Prismatic Questline, where Darathar would eventually find himself getting killed by the hands of the adventurers he was trying to use for his own benefits.
    He's the reason why all us players originally had amnesia and found ourselves being pulled out of the ocean one day.
    His questline, clues, and prophecies ended with his life.
  9. ARCHIVED-BleemTeam Guest

Perhaps I am being delusional then. My apologies.
    I just wish that someone knew what I was talking about! LOL =)
    I just read recently that the Sage of Ages was "someone" from long ago, or maybe a decendant. Even part of a council of close knit "people" that hold great secrets.
    If Darathar simply made him up to pose as, then that doesn't make any sense.
    /shrug
    I'm probably lost.
  10. ARCHIVED-Billfnclark Guest

Mary the Prophetess wrote:
    Quoted from this thread. Is this what you're talking about?
  11. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

Interesting find. I suppose, if the Sage of Ages is their leader, then the Watchers of Solus can be presumed to be a draconic order. Unless Darathar was also deceiving them as to his true nature, which is certainly possible. If they are draconic, I wonder if they are a subset of the Claws of Veeshan/Ring of Scale, a separate faction from them, or an order that transcends them.
  12. ARCHIVED-DreamerCloud9 Guest

I guess it really comes down to whether or not Darathar is actually a Sage of Ages or is merely impersonating one.

edited for spelling
  13. ARCHIVED-troodon Guest

I like it when threads like this get necroed. I just skim the whole thing looking for my old posts.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Darathar, like any dragon, lives for countless millenia. In the past 500 years, He used his influence and control of The Harness to control Drakota, and his personas of The Sage of Ages and Captain Vargus to trick people into doing his own bidding. What that entails, I don't remember exactly. At any rate, All three characters are now dead.