Draconic Etyma and Conservation of Mass

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Yukinoh, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Colossals could be gained in adventure zones. Just not ones most dared go to.
  2. Prrasha Well-Known Member

You're welcome to change your angle of attack, but that's not what the post I was replying to said... you only talked about the best-in-slotness (or not) of the gear being created, and how the tradeskill bonuses applied due to that. Not how random the source materials were to get in the first place. And based on that, the skills should work, since they did on several xpacs worth of best-in-slot gear the past. Changing the rules now just looks petty and capricious.
  3. Mae- Well-Known Member

They really shouldn't be proccing if they arent gonna work....
    Kuulei likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed. Either prevent it from proccing if it's not supposed to work, or make it work.
    At a guess it's coded to check if the 'proc is allowed' after the proc goes off rather then coded to check the recipe to see if it's allowed to proc.
  5. petier Active Member

"Nothing is going to make this a "challenge". Even saying the word in this context is an insult to the word "challenge". Nothing about crafting is "difficult". "

I recall very well when experimenting came out and I blew up a lot of things getting it to work right. There are parts to crafting that are a time sink, but if you really want to use the word challenge well there is nothing in the game that is a challenge, it is all a time sink of getting new gear and learning the strat...kinda like how you learn how to craft and spend the time to get the gear to make the crafting stuff of your choice. Bottom line is that we are talking about a ingredient that will be so plentiful in two months that no one will care that you don't save any......unlike say a raid item that was hard to get to make a uber bow, shoulders, weapon ect that was used since the prime stuff started dropping in Skyshrine raid zones. Which was umm able to be saved from the crafting aa as well as the shawl......
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Is there a specific reason for the procs from the Coldain Prayer shawl and the tradeskill AA conservation mass to NOT work when crafting runes / gems of any kind?
    I don't think we've had anyone come right out and say why or if its a bug.:oops:
    There is a 3-page thread here with no answers, as if we're ignored, we will go away o_O
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Coldain Prayer Shawl / Conservation of Mass disabled for any and all crafting with Draconic Incense?
    I keep getting the message when they proc, but I am not seeing the results.

Are we EVER going to get an answer or fix?
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

the coldain prayer shawl, that procs blessing of brell, was introduced with the velium shards at DoV launch.
    so coming to a conclusion that currency used in crafting was stopped prior to the ability to save the components from a proc, is WRONG.

I think the biggest snafu with this is:

No one will come right out and say if its a bug and that we are unintentionally getting the messages when they should be turned off, or if its just a bug and we should be saving the components when we do receive a proc.

Its almost as if they refuse to answer this thread, we will give up asking for an answer.
  9. mague Active Member

The reality is the answer. This isnt a bug. They are very crafter friendly this time. If each piece of armor requires 4 yellow gems its 168 etyma. If you buy the recipe book its 35+28=63 etyma. Two pink gems to get 2x18% CC are 26 Etyma if i remember well. So you are ready for heroic dungeons with under 100 etyma.

Who on earth or Norrath thinks any item or AA will proc free etyma for crafters ?
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

mague, the bug lies in the fact that it is saying one thing and doing another (i.e. generating the message without producing the effect). If it stops generating the message on these items, this becomes a non-issue.
    Enymac and Mermut like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

When it's a commision, the crafter doesn't get the 'free item', the person they're doing the commision for does. That's always been the way it's worked. That aside, they could 'fix' the problem by making the shawl/AA not proc rather then proc and fail to do what the proc is supposed to do.
  12. Morfydd Active Member

There are some issues with your math:

if you have 7 items and buy the 28 yellow gems you need, you are correct it costs 168 etyma

However; if you use the recipe, the cost is 35 for the recipe plus 4 etyma for each of the 28 gems, totaling 147 etyma.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

In my opinion it's still a bug. eg if the Blessing of Brell triggers, you should get back your own Etyma otherwise it should not trigger.
    Mermut likes this.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes SOE team behavior is suicidal. I remember crafters saving you shards in velious.
    Hiza likes this.
  15. Loves New Member

I had not seen this thread and actually /petitioned because I thought it was a bug. Was really bummed when I made a pile of blue gems for friends and got lucky enough to have "your crafting expertise shines through!" only to find out....nope sorry doesn't work on DI.

It's not like this procs every other craft, it is rare and should work on everything. Not just pick and choose! As it is right now you need piles and piles of etyma, why not let us luck out on occasion and get some back or get some back for a friend when doing a commission?
  16. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

The lack of response from any Dev is deafening, and I for one am tired of hearing "Working as intended". Most of us have worked very long and hard to acquire the Coldain Shawl / AA abilites, only to find out that their effects have been simply tossed aside with no concern for the crafters.
  17. Prrasha Well-Known Member

And the dev response is all that matters. "Working as intended" from a player is ... well, something one would scrape off one's shoe. Even when I say it.

Consider the collection-quest etyma thing. All the "working as intended" folks were wrong. All the "it's completely bugged" folks (including me) were wrong. The devs came in and said "It's half-bugged: not doubling for gold accounts is a bug, not working for tradeskillers is as-intended."

It would be nice to know why "prestige" abilities have been all but thrown away this xpac, though. Can't conserve incense, there's nothing worth crafting with refined rares, there's nothing worth experimenting on save the "spectral mastery" charms (are those experimentable? the parts are so rare I don't know if anyone has tried.) (The new shields/greatswords/symbols are all short purple and white adornment slots compared to even solo-quested gear, so I don't consider them worth the time investment.) I guess you can still farm lots of rares with the left tree, and multicraft the armor gems (if you're not doing it on commission for another player anyway, then it's one-gem-at-a-time). But the rest of the "must be 95 to use" prestige skills are now only useful for crafting stuff for sub-95 folks to powerlevel with. /sigh.
  18. Caith Developer

Conservation of Mass and Systematic Conservation not working on Etyma recipes is intended. Crafters already create these items at their intended discount from the merchant cost.
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

Then kindly remove the chance for them to even proc. Seeing the line and knowing it doesn't matter is just annoying.
    Enymac, Mermut and Prrasha like this.
  20. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Second. (And thanks for answering, Caith!)

Now, can someone change all the prestige abilities (etc.) to things we ARE allowed to use on ToV crafting, if what we currently have (use less stuff, make stuff 10% better, sometimes use no stuff) doesn't fit with the current itemization scheme? Giving crafters "high-level" abilities and then making them not work on any useful high-level recipes is like giving adventurers "high-level" abilities that don't work anyplace tougher than Vestigial Cella...

Alternately, can we get the gear made useful? Change some of the 5 identical-but-for-appearance greatswords to weapons that more than just 4 tank classes can use, and put the purple and extra white adornment slots back on all the Dust of the Progenitor level-90-advanced-book gear? Given the dearth of 2H hammers with reasonable (>2.0) delay, a nice slow hammer would help. Then we'd at least have a handful of current recipes that our prestige skills worked on.