DPS

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Frogfrog, Jun 13, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Frogfrog Guest

ok i am trying to max dps.
    I mostly group.
    I have my myth and the Battle axe of venom in secondary.

My current aa's
    rouge tree
    str 8-8-4-8-1
    agi 4-8-4-8-1
    int 5-8

Swash tree
    potency line
    reach line
    advanced warning line

Shadow tree
    health, power, quick strike, offensive powress, evasive manuveres, rouges flurry, poison mastery, thieving essence, fencing expertise, flamboyant swashbuckling

right now i can do about 3k, if i totally buff up i can do 4 - 4.5 k
    any suggestions?
  2. ARCHIVED-einhander Guest

Im running same aa as u are except the potency line..scrap that and put points elsewhere.
    My dps sits on bout 5-6 grp on trash and bout 6-10k names..Casting order and auto attack timeing is all i use to get that dps.I have bout half of my masters and myth with cardicutter in offhand.

best ive hit was 12.6k and that was on trash in raid.
  3. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

we really have no AA choices as far as DPS spec goes, your's looks to be the same as every other DPS swashy build.
    like the fellow above me said, look into your casting order and auto attack timing to perhaps boost your DPS.
  4. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

I would say drop the fencing expertise (how often do you really riposte?) and put those points into Kidney slice instead. Also, prior to GU52 I would have said do not under any circumstances drop the Potency line. Poisons make up a large amount of our DPS. Now with the changes to proc mechanics, they will probably be somewhat lower in importance. I personally will have to wait until it hits live to test for sure, but if poison damage has been lowered significantly enough, it might warrant moving those points to the debuff line.
    Also, gear is very important for hitting higher DPS numbers. Work on increasing double attack, melee crit and DPS mod. Our self haste buff procs often enough that haste is rarely an issue. If you can get decent amounts of the remaining three main stats, you should recognize a significant boost to DPS. If you can get your MC to around 80 unbuffed and DA to around 60 unbuffed, hooking up with an enchanter and bard will get you all you need to really see some big dps numbers. Also, if you don't already have it, get your offensive stance mastered and look for gear with + piercing and + slashing. You can see big increases to your DPS but decreasing how often you miss.
  5. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

From what I am seeing, don't drop Potency.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kleg Guest

Why drop Potency at all? The debuff line is a complete joke.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kidou Guest

Kleg wrote:
    This this, a million times this.
    The Debuff like is just sort of Sony laughing at Swashbucklers. There is not ONE skill in that line that's worth anything, execpt maybe the improved Bedazzling steel for soloing(Maybe while raiding too, I don't know excatly how the -DPS affects raid bosses.). And that's at the top of it.
  8. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

i started playing a zerker alt and found all the warrior AAs are good. It's hard to choose what to buy. Not the same can be said for the AAs of the marginalized swashbuckler. Once you hit around 188 AA it's all cookie cutter; you've got the essentials and there's no wow factor left. The grind to 200 is just ho-hum.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

I used to have the Riposite stuff from the last TSO line until I realized you can't riposite if the mob isn't hitting you. Pretty useless unless you are actually tanking.
    What I wouldn't give for some real DPS
  10. ARCHIVED-patrickhvr Guest

Hmmm... wanting DPS? I know one swash in particular who was 13k zone wide in Kurn's...
  11. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

patrickhvr wrote:
    With some very nice gear and generous buffing im sure. I usually hit around 6-7K in groups. Raids depend on what Dirge and Illy buffs I get.
  12. ARCHIVED-patrickhvr Guest

This was with a dirge, warden, and two SK's
  13. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

patrickhvr wrote:
    Yeah I don't doubt it I'm just saying he did not do that in shard gear or anything.
  14. ARCHIVED-cion Guest

[This post was a mistake and i could'nt figure out how to delete it... Sorry.]