DPS pet stance issue not helping casting pets.

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Eetog, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Well getting an influx of new players admittedly is probably rightfully one of their highest priorities. That said, the way they are doing it means that the new players are not likely to go to existing servers (can't even transfer) and so it's just gonna wreck the game for most pre-existing players. Unless of course you give money to go over to their other service. It's obvious they are going to go F2P regardless of what people want, they should have just done it to the live servers so at least they can benefit from the influx of new players. This separate but equal stuff is bunk.
    On another note though, our spells look different on test. Thats an interesting change at least.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

+1 Pet Crit
    +1 Pet Potency
    (even better, base the pet crit chance/bonus/potency off ours...) :)

+1 Root Proc (love the idea)
  3. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Blambil@Nagafen wrote:
    Root proc is a bad idea imo. We have a lot of skills built around stun/slow/root already which we can time and theres already pvp defensive procs that stifle/daze. Having a root built into a stance would really hinder its pve applications cause there are times where a root can be detrimental in a heroic or raid situation. (adds getting rooted next to healers for one or having a mob you need to move getting rooted prematurely by a proc). I just think its a much better thing in general for CC related things to be the result of buttons we press for that express purpose (used strategically) rather than something that happens based on chance no matter which button we are pressing (especially pet attack as it would be in this case).
    Not related, Earthquake/SE now have an identical graphic (though difference was slight before) and Ice storm and WoV seem to also share a graphic. Some of our spells look better but others are pretty boring, Vampire Bats doesn't lift you up into the air anymore for example. Crystal Blast and FA look much better though in my opinion so I guess probably a net win. Though still kinda wish CB wasn't purple :/
  4. ARCHIVED-Allforgrog Guest

Please no root proc!!! Roots are a defensive ability and we all know it wouldn't proc except for when we don't want it to.
    Pet crit or potency would certainly return a gain worth decreasing our pet's defence and IMO as would a % based hate effect inverse to the defensive stance. In a properly set up raid aggro is set and i generally have little problem, but that is only one part of the game.
    In single groups especially without stacked utility (coercer/dirge/troub) and a non crusader tanking....i find myself holding back far more than ever before or tanking. I deaggro with magic leash constantly, yet still i have found it to be a new problem that has been born through the proliferation of pet stat gear. The guardians and brawlers i group with, some of whom out gear me and had no aggro problems in TSO with, have grown to hate my pet. The limited tools we have to mitigate this without castrating our DPS, simply aren't cutting it in this expansion.
  5. ARCHIVED-Masuma Guest

I just checked the test server. Since the GU is next week iirc and there is no change on test yet, i guess it is safe to assume that this is not happening yet?
  6. ARCHIVED-Rocky4686 Guest

Blambil@Nagafen wrote:
    If you're interested in having a pet that uses offensive status effects, I might suggest trying an illusionist. If you're more interested in a beastly dps machine, then you've found the correct class as a conjuror's pet accounts for half or more of their total damage (gear dependent). If the devs were going add some subjugation abilities to our pet's spell line up, then they'd have to nerf the damage output which I don't think anyone here would like to see at all.

And for those wondering, still no word on an ETA for this. I've been trolling around hoping perhaps someone asked this past weekend in Las Vegas, but have yet to find anything, saddly. Keeping my fingers crossed for pet crit chance, though.

As someone on flames mentioned, every class in game can reach 100% crit chance easily through quested gear and mob drops at or close to 90 (even before, really, but I'd like to be generous). This is not the case for summoners as our pet's crit is only effected by certain pet effects. Also, even if a summoner chose to abandon his personal dps and wear only gear that would add crit chance for the pet in every slot, the pet would still not be sitting at 100% crit and now you have a crippled playable character. If EVERY other class in game has the ability and opportunity to crit against mobs of the same level 100% of the time, should summoners not be afforded the same? Adding crit chance to our offensive stance could be a good solution to repair this inequity.
  7. ARCHIVED-Masuma Guest

Cometar@Mistmoore wrote:
    well said imo
  8. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Cometar@Mistmoore wrote:
    I think this is can be a very difficult argument to make. Particularly the part where one looks at one single thing and says, Hey! it's not equal to everyone else this is a problem! The reason I think it is a difficult one is I've noticed its one thats made very frequently on these forums. Necromancers complain they are the only class that has to put up with health costs on spells, rangers complain about being the only scout that can't fully utilize flurry/ae auto, etc etc. It seems to be a very common style of argument around these parts and used by alot of classes for various issues. If I were a dev reading all of this, I might get the impression that people just wanted their classes weaknesses removed without nerfing their strengths and that this could make the class op in their eyes. I don't see this argument as one thats gonna sway anyone who isn't already of that opinion.
    Mind you, I'm 100% for crit being added to the stance. I just don't know if this argument will work. Rangers are getting their demands met sure, but its commonly accepted that they are grossly underperforming at the present while conjurors are doing particularly respectable damage right now. I think a better argument might be, if an off stance is to be effective and appreciated by players, it should be beneficial for conjurors of all play styles and gear. It is not feasible to get max crit for the pet through current means as you have stated, and crit also helps out low level conjurors and is a fun stat for them. Thus adding crit would be useful to all conjies regardless of playstyle. You can't say the same about alot of other stats that are either cappable (Casting Speed, Mod) or depend on other stats to be effective (Crit Bonus) or can't be utilized well because of crappy pet AI (Reuse) or do not benefit every pet (DoubleAttack/Flurry/SpellDouble/etc) or just aren't exciting at the highest level of gear (Potency when pet already has 100-140%) and so on. Crit really is the only logical choice because it has broad appeal and will always be useful so long as pet effects are in place as they are now.
    Just my opinion at least.
  9. ARCHIVED-Enderbsd Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    This was posted on 06/30/2010 11:37:29 what is that, 3 months ago?

At the very very least can we get a confirmation this is still in the works? This currently effects an entire spell line and its AA.
    Thank you very much
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I wouldn't expect a change until the expansion. Typically class rebalancing doesn't occur except with expansions.
  11. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

over 3 months ... 2 GU's and the promised fix is still not there !
  12. ARCHIVED-Masuma Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    As I see it it's a fix, something they should have done when they decided that our int influences our pet.
    What bothers me most though are the different summoner related threads (e.g. no summoner rewards for end game sig quests) that are simply ignored. A "nope we won't do it" or "not yet" would be less frustrating.
  13. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Shalin@Runnyeye wrote:
    Well give some credit where it's due. They've been much better about fixing pet gear lately. Alot of the legendary and heroic fabled items have been buffed to be very competitive for where they drop and have much more valuable pet effects.
    On the top end, there has been some amazing pet gear in the past few months that has been released. A few disappointments sure but things are much better than they were at the start of the expac. The pet off stance would be nice, and I'm sure it'll get in and if not it'll be heavily feedbacked in velious beta but thankfully our dps is pretty good right now so we can afford the wait imo.
  14. ARCHIVED-Masuma Guest

Alfeo wrote:
    Threads complaining about missing pet stats on major questline rewards like charms and ring are continiously ignored.
    Yes top end pet gear seems great but how many % are able to get it?
    After a half year of raiding easy mode the conjis were the only ones who where not able to upgrade all slots from legendary to fabled. I recently joined a guild who kills hard mode, so now I have new hope to upgrade all slots sometime soon. But what about all raiders who can't do hardmode? Shouldnt they be able to upgrade all slots from legendary to fabled as well (just as sorcerers do for instance?). Shouldnt the mage charm from the sig quest be exciting for summoners too?
    These are the reasons why I am not full of praise
  15. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

well we are nearing 3 months .. almost 90 days .. and nothing had happend !
  16. ARCHIVED-Enderbsd Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Honestly I'm not expecting any sort of change until the expansion :/
  18. ARCHIVED-Enderbsd Guest

I know Xalmat, but they can give us an update confirming that, so we can at least stop asking :)

bump
  19. ARCHIVED-Enderbsd Guest

How will the pet stances relate to shared pet stats?

Will this be fixed just in time to not mean anything because of the shared stats change?
  20. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Enderbsd wrote:
    Anyone who expects us to navigate this shared stats change without a nerf is going to be sadly disappointed. We're going to be nerfed, at least initially.
    If the shared stats are implimented extremely well, we'll catch up in a few months. If it is done poorly, we'll be a couple years trying to get them to look at the problems they created and fix them.