DPS pet stance issue not helping casting pets.

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Eetog, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

thog_zork wrote:
    Wait, what guild kills hard mode arkanathis but doesn't have hard mode contested down? Are you on any of the russian servers by any chance? Just wondering cause that seems strange to me.
  2. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

Alfeo wrote:
    oh forget about fish of crap... we do not kill that
    however statements remains true i never ever had issues with aggro... our tanks keeps aggro fine we are not top of the server but very decent (can do 500k+ on rathgar with 8 healers) and we have virtual zero aggro problems ... our tanks general parses very good (sk/palas are insane our monk is decent even our guards are serious dps) this results in zero aggro issues
    i can see problems with tanks who do not parse well .. however why help them with with our offensive stance instead they should train to do better dps .. its is not hard i witness this every raid
  3. ARCHIVED-snowline Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Alfeo wrote:
    What does the mobs someone kills have to do with the fact that de-hate is worthless for our pet? De-hate gains us nothing of value.
  5. ARCHIVED-Sunshine Guest

when is this supposed to be happen btw?
  6. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

Yeah I'm curious about this too.
    A few suggestions, which may have been stated earlier:
    1. Add a deagro! (MANY MANY times my illies have timewarped me too soon, but to stay on top of the parse I cast EB anyways shame on me, i know... but needless to say, instances, raids, etc... my pet generates WAY too much agro and with our aa's we can not deagro easily. )
    2. Add crit bonus! (My pet is fine at 45-50% crit chance outside of planeshift form, and I still do amazing dps without planeshift. So that being said, Crit bonus would make us more effective in our 6 minute recast planeshift form. I'm only requesting somewhere around 2%-5% (5% mastered))
    3. Crit Chance! (As stated above, this isn't a huge priority... but hell, i wont complain if its added )
    4. Reuse speed! (Reuse is very rare, and usually on gear that is outweighed by gear with molten carnage or powerflux, so its hard to justify putting on the 3-5% reuse aka. Quicksilver Blood)
    5. Resistability of spells reduction! (Granted our pet rarely gets resisted, but those who are not as geared or need some extra help in that area, without the aa to spend for the 16% in the Wisdom / SF tree.. it wouldn't hurt)
    6. Intelligence! (Since our pets stats, as far as int / wis / str / etc is concerned, do not affect them, I feel we should allow the pet buff intelligence to be applied to us.
    Thats my 2 cents.
    Edited for typo!
  7. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

i dont see why it cant be more of an inverse of defensive stance.
    In which instance it'd have reuse, negative aggro mod, and a proc of some sort.
    We've got things pretty good now, any stat/dps effecting mods this buff grants arent going to be real big.
  8. ARCHIVED-Rocky4686 Guest

Sunshine wrote:
    I don't believe any ETA was given on when these changes were supposed to occur, but if I had to wager a guess, I would probably assume whenever the Guardian changes go in which was said to be either with GU 57 or sometime after. I can't remember at the moment when they said those would go live. In the past I know they just usually do things either all at once or completely at random.
  9. ARCHIVED-Aralys Guest

thog_zork wrote:
    You are mis-stating the aggro issue as an overall balance of threat between the tank and the pet. That's not the issue at all. The issue is Elemental blast - huge spike damage on the pet who ingeniously stands 35m away in a random direction, generally the most annoying placement possible for mob trajectory. If the pet was right behind with the scouts it wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case. It doesn't matter how much your tanks are putting out , they are not going to overcome an early high end elemental blast -and conj's who want to parse don't want to sit on EB for a minute. EB is one of the biggest spike damage hits in the game, and it's on a pet who doesn't have the ability to hit bewilderment to drop position at the right time.
    The offensive stance is not the best solution to this - the obvious solution is to make magic leash useful by putting 1 threat position on it as should have been done long ago. But don't claim that because tank + transfers + hate is > pet threat over course of a fight that the pet will not pull aggro - it does, fairly often, due to EB, at start of fights and on mem wiping mobs. EB aggro is a real annoyance and there should be a counter somewhere in the Conj abilities.
  10. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

I ran into a snag the other night with my pet / elemental blast / and defensive stance. It ripped the name right off the tank 20 seconds into the fight... this is why we need a hate meter! lol
    or some form of deagro cause i instantly popped dehate and he just kept bashing my pet... finally the tank pulled it off
  11. ARCHIVED-Rocky4686 Guest

Oonej@Nagafen wrote:
    Why are you using defensive stance in a raid is my first question?
  12. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

Cometar@Mistmoore wrote:
    Well to be completly honest, i forgot it was on... secondly it does help in some raid encounters to keep my pet alive. and offensive does nothing for our pet..
  13. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

you give the pet 46% hate gain with the defsensive stance so you can not complain about aggro issues withit tbh

so maybe you only witness those aggro issues because you mostly use defensive stance

crit chance is a must on new offensive stance
  14. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

na it was the first time i used defensive stance lol...
    after reading this thread last week i decided to give it a shot... and forgot it was on. 99% of the time i run in offensive or no stance.
  15. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

yeah ok however with offensive stance it is no wonder that you rip aggro with a warped eb

but for instance i got no aggro problems at all in raids
  16. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Aralys wrote:
    This post articulates the threat issue far better than mine did. Its not overall threat thats an issue, its burst threat in conjunction with elemental blast/planeshift/timewarp. Especially with fights with sensitive aggro issues, mem wipes, etc. I also agree with you that dethreat would be better built into something else (magic leash, even if it was just a one positional decrease at 10 points in could fit this role perfectly cause it allows a conjuror to anticipate and use it smartly to avoid aggro instead of relying on a static proc from a stance). And yeah, for the record, defensive stance in raid is a very very bad idea for reasons already stated. Though hey, if they do that, then they should have the offensive stance be like crit + damage proc. Damage procs are fun and since procs via spells crit, it would be a nice little boost thats unique and less boring than simply adding like potency/critbonus. Given that the defensive stance does multiple things, I dont think its wrong to suggest the pet off stance should also have multiple buffs but I'm sure most would agree, if it is just the one thing then it should be crit. Though saying that is kinda beating a dead horse atm.
    As far as wondering what guild thog was in, that was more curiousity. I thought he meant to say his guild killed arkanathis (which has been killed by about 10 guilds WW) and not the contested hard modes (been killed by many more guilds than ark) and I thought that was strange and so I asked about it. But since he clarified, its less interesting so yeah, has nothing to do with the thread at all. Sorry for the aside, I don't want to derail the thread.
  17. ARCHIVED-Aliram Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

Aliram wrote:
    Very dissapointing.
    I also noticed no mention of the removal of a pearl cost for CoH. Trivial but i expected to see it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Aliram wrote:
    Xelgad made mention that the guardian changes they were talking about wont even make it in for GU57 but will be hotfixed some weeks after. This GU just seems to be mostly stuff to get the game ready for EQ2X and not much else. I expect the stance change will be in sometime between GU57 and GU58 or possibly in GU58 itself.
    Could be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if this is how it'll go down.
  20. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

Hey guys, theres no worry!!! We got rid of Aqueous Stones!!!

/sigh....

and EQ2X has to be the dumbest idea on the face of the planet, ... lets put all the new people on a DIFFERENT server so all the current paying players slowly dwindle away because everyone is on a different server! lol.. not to side track this thread... but this is typical "SOE", fix things that dont need fixing, and break 3 other things in the process...