DPS pet stance issue not helping casting pets.

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Eetog, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Eetog Guest

Is this the correct forum for this topic?

Currently the Antagonize line of spells do not help the mage pet in any way shape or form. I left the pet without the buff and his biggest nuke, sphere of flames does 2283-3611 pts of damage.
    I buffed him, waited for possess minion to come up again, and check. 2283-3611 damage. Exactly the same.
    This should be changed to perhaps potency, crit chance or something useful. I did a /feedback on it, but wanted to perhaps put it here so the devs could see it.
    If this isn't the right forum for this, could you move it to the right one, Mr. / Ms. Moderator?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lady Shai Guest

It's been mentioned for a while that the offenisve stance for pet does nothing but add some power to pet for casting, at least for T9 conjies. That's it. As for lower level conji's I really couldnt tell you if it is working or not, since I am level 90. I assume tho for them it is...but I might be mistaken.
    I am sure the devs know by now...but...per the usual I don't think they a) care or b) understand or c) both.
    Don't look for it being fixed or adjusted anytime in the near future.
    ATM most people I know that are conji's don't use the offensive stance since it is useless. I personally don't use it at all on my pet. Most raiding conji's do not use either.
    There you go I agree it needs to be fixed or adjusted...but I really can't see that happening in the near/immediate future.
  3. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

It doesn't help the Mage pet, regardless of level. The only time it's really useful is prior to receiving the Mage pet for the first time. Once you have your first Mage pet, you'll probably never cast Antagonize again.
  4. ARCHIVED-monrofayy Guest

LOL spell name say's it all lmao seriously i think they are purposely ignoring conjurors out right and any one who attracts attention about the issues is punt, banned ot disabled i was punted in game form talk ing about the issues conj's been having for 15 min straight then i was punted for 3 hours, i know i never went ld in 10 years thats ive been playing both combined my connection was fine, i made a post with combat log, pictures, video showing how serious the issues for us were that post grew to almost 20 pages long they disabled my ablity to post after that for weeks, now im able to post again because im a stubborn portugee lmao i know the haste and int in th offense stance takes effect everything is crud
  5. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

It's all about how you do it.
    I politely reported a raid piece that was missing a pet buff. The dev replied he'd forward the issue to the appropriate person, and a few hotfixes later it was fixed.
    Devs tend to ignore rants because the SNR tends to become unbearable, and a waste of their time (ever timed how long it takes to read a 15-20 pages long forum thread?)
    After the changes they made to summoners with SF, I wouldn't say they are ignoring us. We might not agree 100% with all of their decisions (or lack of, in certain cases), but they definitely spent some time in making us feel more usefull once more.
    I suspect the pet stance has a low priority because it doesn't really affect gameplay - it just means we have a useless spell in our spellbook. Our mage pet still outputs very high amount of DPS, and I suspect that if they were to make the stance once again boost the pet, that would mean they would nerf the pet to balance things out. So, I'm not in a hurry in seeing them change this.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

When cast on the mage pet, it only helps its power pool. That's about it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Arlian Guest

I wish they would at least put a negative hate mod on it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Sunshine Guest

Arlian@Oasis wrote:
    that would be awesome.
    I do not think our pet detaunt is enough at all anymore. Our coercers usually give me a link now and still i am able to get agro and have no way of seeing if it is safe to use EB or if i grab agro and frontal the raid.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lady Shai Guest

Sunshine wrote:
    Nope ...me either :( I got hollered at on a raid the other day cos my non-stanced pet WITH deaggro/maxed magic leash/link/troubie dehate song and elemental tox hate decrease pulled aggro off him AGAIN lol
    I would love to see some sort of hate decreaser put on the stance...at least then it would be useful!!
  10. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

Looks like this is a side effect of the change that based pet damage off caster stats instead of the pet's stats. I spoke with Xelgad a moment ago, and he said he'd get the int bonus changed to something beneficial to caster pets.
  11. ARCHIVED-Fyreflyte Guest

Additionally, if you know of any items that still give attribute stats to pets, let me know, and I'll see about getting those effects updated as well.
  12. ARCHIVED-Alfeo Guest

Fyreflyte wrote:
    Thats awesome! Definitely appreciate you guys looking into this issue. It'll be great to have a spell that's been useless for a while become a little more useful.
  13. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Hooray for finally adressing this since December 2009, when it was brought up in Beta >.<
  14. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

Might i suggest, to be a better inverse of Defensive stance, that there be a negative threat mod (even if its only 10%) on this buff. Alternatively make the TSO tree AA for offensive stance grant somthing like this.
    Given the massive shift in dps now associated with summoner pets i dont think this is too unreasonable.
  15. ARCHIVED-Aliram Guest

Just one thing. Please don't add spell haste to the offensive stance..
    Pet's casting speed already overcaped solo, even without plane shift.
  16. ARCHIVED-thog_zork Guest

yeah add something good like:

crit chance
    crit bonus
    potency
    spell mod

And please no DEHATE ... hate is completly fine from the pet! something usefull at laest it is the OFFENSIVE stance so it should make a big BOOOM !
  17. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Things we really don't need:
    Pet Spell Haste
    Pet De-Hate

Things that would rock:
    Pet Crit
    Pet Potency
    Pet Crit Bonus
    Pet Ability Mod

Pet Crit would honestly be a godsend. Power Flux is so rare this tier that anything we can do to help our pet actually USE the Crit Bonus he already has would be excellent.
  18. ARCHIVED-Belltan Guest

Similarly, pet buff "Rending" of NEC doesn't have any impact on casting pets.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Rending(Master 1) "berserk proc buff"
    On any combat or spell hit this spell may cast Berserk on caster.Last for 10.0 seconds.
    Triggers about 4.0 times per minute.
    Increases Attack Speed of target by xx.
    Increases Damage Per Second of target by xx
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Please change from "Attack Speed" and "DPS+" to another effects.
    for example)
    Add "+casting speed" and "+Base Amount"
    Add "+Potency" and "+critical chance"
    etc.
  19. ARCHIVED-lok0143 Guest

As a new Conj I want to thank you for this info I have been using the aggro buff exclusively on my fire pet. Which buff should I use instead? The defense buff?
  20. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest