DPS for returning dummies

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Twofeets, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I agree with many of the suggestions in the thread, but overall the lack of potency and fervor do make a difference. You've also mentioned your fury, but linked your pally. That said, infusing pieces that you think you'll keep for a bit do help, such as the Ethereal pieces you are wearing. Deity and Physical infusion make a huge difference! Anything new I get, I infuse to the hilt...even if I am going to keep it only a short time. I've had this same discussion with guildies. Once they start infusing fully, their DPS really climbs!
    • See the difference: Even though Census is currently down, hence EQ2U may not be updating, you can find a ton of info by reviewing a toon on there. If you mouseover some of the pieces my tank has on vs. those you are wearing, look at the tooltip for Deity and Physical infusion. 2 separate boxes. Review the amounts. yep, I know my gear may be higher, but I want you to see the infused levels and what they bring to the table.
    One other piece that might help: when a cloak or belt drops w/ doublecast chance, need on it. While you are a tank, those are the 2 slots where you can get a lot of Double Cast. That is powerful this expac.

Good luck,
    Kitty
    Blazen likes this.
  2. Kicks New Member

If you had read my post you would have noticed that I was saying that Ascension MASTER scrolls are rare and difficult to get. And you disagree by saying that this isn't true except for MASTER spells that are rare? Really?

Thaumturgist? Have a look at the 2 classes that are played by most people, Elementalist and Etheralist and tell your first hand experience. By the way I've heard bruiser spells are pretty cheap but then again the class isn't played by many people.

Good luck looting Ascension lvl 15+ spells in preious game content.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This is someone who has a clue about what's being discussed.
    Snikkety and Pixistik like this.
  4. Safirah Member

i legitimately just came back from the game ~2 weeks ago. haven’t played since KA when the terrible idea of ascensions came out. not even 110, had about 20 krono banked from my hardcore days. I’ve sold 4 Kronos total, and with those 4 Kronos, I’ve bought over 100 planar energies, bought every elementalist illegible scroll master- even the not so great ones. That’s not even it. I’ve also bought all the orange vii runes (championship, glory, etc) now those were pricey.

2 weeks in and 4 Kronos later, I’m 110, GM on all my ascension spells, (celestial on elemental avatar) and I’ve got 88k pot and 260 fervor. Still not anywhere close to what the feared people are, but its a good enough start to not be incompetent.
    halls of Fate server btw
  5. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

So you spent approx 75 dollars worth of Krono at sale value to get where you are...grats?
    Competence has nothing to do with it
    Cataclysm likes this.
  6. Safirah Member

farming plat is a joke. spending money isn't necessary if you're willing to play the game. if you dont have great gear, go farm all the solos every day and salvage all the gear, do your daily harvesting sell all the rares, if you get lucky sell the essence of chaos.
    if you want results you have to work for the results, complaining that its too hard gets you nowhere
    Snikkety and Breanna like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Do you know what the meaning of "hypocrisy" is? Two posts up, you're talking about coming back to the game TWO WEEKS ago, selling 4 Kronos and now you're geared with all GMs, orange adorns, etc. that you bought off the market. And you start this post with the statement, "farming plat is a joke if you're willing to play the game?" You do realize that you have zero credibility at this point. Try coming back to the game with no Kronos and farming for two weeks on a toon and let's see what you have to say, haha.
    Cataclysm and Pixistik like this.
  8. Safirah Member

how do I have zero credibility? they’re talking about how it’s impossible to obtain these items, and I let them know how I did it. and I’ve been making even more money by doing exactly what I said and you can do that with any amount of gear, really, even coming back with a fresh 110 you can easily farm the solos and salvage all the gear. It should net you a decent amount of plat daily, the hardest part would be grinding the tradeskill levels to salvage if you aren’t there yet. this obviously isn’t the only method to make plat, but it’s probably the best when you’re just coming back.

git gud
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

LOL...try returning to game with no Kronos in bank to sell, pulling gear out of Myrist Library and then come back and report how easy it is to run dungeons and farm plat. The zero credibility observation comes from "you don't need to spend money" and at the same time saying you got yourself all geared up by selling Kronos. It's nice you had some bankrolled, but not everyone has that option who return to the game. They would have to spend money to buy Kronos to do what you did by selling yours. If you don't see the hypocrisy of that statement, then you definitely should be running for public office, haha.
    Pixistik, Cataclysm and Healious like this.
  10. EQ_Jack Active Member

just want to second this and add in my own experiences with coming back (only because of the sale on the game) hopefully dev is listening, reading these and debating whether I'll be staying or leaving. I'm hitting walls, lots of them.

Came back over a month ago and this is so true, catch up is a very very slow burn not impossible but you won't do it in quickly. To share, to try and catch up I did all of days of summer quests and got that gear, added the adorns from all the sources I could. For spells I've been harvesting (and doing the TS and harvesting quests and lines) like mad and just got enough (2 rares per expert) to get 1 character some of its experts. the ascension system upgrades is just painful. I'm still at apprentice on all mine and leveling this is just plain rough. you need a planar energy (ULTRA rare harvest for most of us), or you need to buy it from broker, 16000 plat or more for one, though there are people selling 1800 of them at a time (how did they get so many when I have trouble just finding 1???), just to get to journeyman. and you can't skip tiers(you can't go from apprentice to expert as example) AND beyond journeyman, you need a planar AND another super rare ruined page of the spell type you want to bump up a tier AND the other components. Harvesting for planar energy it a work of love. you have to work to bump your harvesting gear rare chances so you can up your chance to get rares not necessarily a bad thing but its another chunk of work and if you want to avoid buying kronos(PTW) to buy planars. The broker is ridiculously expensive, meaning you have to buy a krono(or 10), do it yourself, or go with out. normal spells on the broker are thousands of plats (super inflation). The jump from solo obtainable gear to gear that makes you ready for heroics is broken. and days of summer is the best you can get solo as far as I know and out shines the gear that drops from the latest expansion signature quests. so thats a weird break disfunction. rewards from the sig quests leave you with..."0h geez another reward thats not as good as the DOS gear", consequently the sig quests become more a grind than an excitement of getting better gear than what you already have.Then the UI, with Ascension added is muddied with 10 full hotbars and STILL I need more but I Can't get more hotbars. thats a big bummer. each hot bar as 12 buttons so thats 120 actions and still not enough. I'm advocating for more hotbars or a better system to collapse some of the chains of spells in some way. The UI after all of these years is still clunky... the map and quest tie in system is non existent, requiring constant swap out to eq2 wiki for quest steps that make sense as to where to go next. but this is EQ!
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Just want to come by and say that I think planar energy harvesting is currently borked, I've got a really solid set of harvest gear (33% rare harvest, 100% bountiful, 1360 harvest skills.) I'm getting about 1 rare per harvest and about 1 planar energy per 100 rares. It used to be much more common than that, I don't know if the current rates are intended, but anyhow.

Harvesting is a really good way to make money, if you choose to do that instead of sell kronos. The time commitment is higher on harvests, but you can pretty easily, with a full set of harvesting gear (All 2 white slot adorns filled with bountiful/harvest skills, prayer shawl, ashen artisan gi, cloak of the harvester, mark of the far seas, etc,) pull 100 rares an hour. I generally get around 300 an hour with a solid route. You can then sell them for 1000-1500p apiece, making between 100-150k an hour. I, personally, selling planars and foundations/spellshards as well, can make close to 500k an hour harvesting, which isn't a bad deal at all. My main currently has 104k potency, 5k crit bonus, 360 fervor, all that. Pretty typical raider stats. I also have 2 ascension classes, one completely grandmastered, with a few ancients/celestials and one missing a few grandmasters. Thing is, the bottleneck on the second is nobody selling the books for it, not money.

Problem could come up of people flooding the market with harvests but idk, they're kinda always needed. I'm happy to write a full guide for harvesting if people want the information consolidated.
    Korochun likes this.
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

Would you please do this, Snikkety? With links to how to obtain all the harvesting gear? I didn't know about half the stuff you have listed there even existed, especially if it's faction grind related.
    Korochun likes this.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Sure thing. Hopefully up tomorrow, schoolwork depending.
    Carynn and Korochun like this.
  14. Magusfire24 New Member

Shouldnt this have been named DPS for dummies for returning players? instead of returning dummies? LOL
  15. Myrthin New Member

A guide would be much appreciated. I'm a new player and feel like there is a lot to take in.